McMinn @ Rhea County

EagleLegend1

McMinn 35

Rhea 14

Pretty close with your prediction. :thumb:

I have to say this and I hope the Rhea fans don't take this wrong.....but that had to be the most lackluster Rhea team I've ever seen. And I was shocked the Golden Eagles let McMinn take the fight to them and never responded. It was like a prize fight where the Cherokees knocked them down, but Rhea just laid on the mat, not wanting to get up. My, have things really changed in Evensville.

Nice win for McMinn County. Looks like they are having a nice season.

One thing I would have to say about Rhea, tho, is they took it on the chin preseason with the coaching issues. I hope they don't use it as an excuse to not to play hard, but I wouldn't be too critical of them this season if it's continues as it has started out.

Nice win for McMinn County. Looks like they are having a nice season.

One thing I would have to say about Rhea, tho, is they took it on the chin preseason with the coaching issues. I hope they don't use it as an excuse to not to play hard, but I wouldn't be too critical of them this season if it's continues as it has started out.

I just posted on a different thread about Rhea County but I will repeat a short version here. The kids are playing hard and not looking for excuses. The new coaching staff is working hard and not looking for excuses. Unfortunately, some want to blame the previous coaching staff who also worked very hard with no support from their Principal. The previous staff did not look for excuses either (although they had plenty to offer). The real problem with Rhea County athletics lies with the current administration. The High School Principal and the Director of Schools have turned Rhea County athletics into a political game. The Director of Schools supports, hires, and fires coaches according to how many votes he can pick up on the Rhea County School Board. The Principal at Rhea County HIgh School follows that lead cause he needs the Director to ensure that he keeps his job. To compound the problem, the AD is clueless. Rather he chooses not to see what is happening in order to keep his position or he is too dumb to get it. That explains why coaches from multiple sports are bailing the program. I am not a coach, have never been a coach, and am not employed by Rhea County Schools. I am simply a long time fan who is sick of the politics that has ruined our athletic program. The Rhea County School Board needs to worry about academics, student performance, and school facilties, and get their noses out of athletics. I understand that at least one member was mad cause his child could not play on the baseball team, but his job is bigger than that and he should have gotten over it long before he stuck his nose into things he clearly does not understand.The former football coaching staff was denied planning time prior to games, weight room training, and you name it. Do not fault the players. Do not fault the current coaching staff. Do not fault the previous coaching staff. The core is rotten. And you can find it in the Director of Schools office and the High School Principal's office. Check it out.

A few thoughts on this season so far.

I do not remember the previous staff making all the excuses I have heard and read about from this staff.

Someone made the comment that Coach Green said, "all it would take to beat Brainerd was to be in a little shape and line up correctly." Either we didn't line up right or we must not be in very good shape.

Might want to have a little more resect for your opponents.

Keep bad mouthing the previous staff and more players are going to walk. 38 left. Earning respect by bad mouthing other people is not going to get you anywhere.

How can this staff and administration really think staying in 6A would be a good thing if by enrollment the TSSAA would drop Rhea County to 5A.

I beleive the players are trying their best and are working hard. Maybe a little more encouragement instead of all the bashing may bring more success.

I like the uniforms both home and away. But for Rhea County stadium and especially Bill Horton field to look the way it does is an absolute shame. Our players deserve much better than to play on that type of field.

Have a little pride and work ethic, take care of the playing field at least.

Been coming to games for many years and that is the worst I have ever seen it look.

Enough of the off the field stuff. Take the opportunity in front of you Eagles and continue to work hard and be prepared. We are still behind you and we wish you all the luck against Bearden and for the rest of the season.