Cannon Co Football

cchssupporter

I was able to attend the Watertown game, and unfortunatley due to other responsibilities I have missed the other 2. However, I am excited I can attend tonight vs Westmoreland. However, I am able to listen to the games and read the T. So, with that being said, here's my take:

1) Get over the "Old Man", I'm sure he's a fine Coach, but he is nowhere near LOYAL, and thats a first for any assistant. If your questioning this statement than question yourself why he has been released by 2 different HC's. Question why he gets in a shouting/cussing mode in school w/ the HC @ the time in front of other kids. Congrats Dekalb.

2) I have my reservations about our current HC. However some should beware of how they talk about OUR HC on this forum because it makes us all look ridiculous.

3) Coach S should put pride aside and learn from other coaches @ CCHS on how to build a program. I grant all you nawsayers he has not. He also has made mistake #1....He hired parents on his staff! IMO, mistake #2 is he can not understand a PROGRAM begins from the earliest level then up to HS. However, these are all my opinion and I can not say he is "terrible" or "should be fired"...we hired him, so I will support him...but continue to disagree.

4) I would like to bash alot of coaches decisions but I do not feel this is the place to do it...I would rather do it @ Joe's and pretend people like my opinions. Good Luck tonight, I'm glad I can finally attend!

I was able to attend the Watertown game, and unfortunatley due to other responsibilities I have missed the other 2. However, I am excited I can attend tonight vs Westmoreland. However, I am able to listen to the games and read the T. So, with that being said, here's my take:

1) Get over the "Old Man", I'm sure he's a fine Coach, but he is nowhere near LOYAL, and thats a first for any assistant. If your questioning this statement than question yourself why he has been released by 2 different HC's. Question why he gets in a shouting/cussing mode in school w/ the HC @ the time in front of other kids. Congrats Dekalb.

2) I have my reservations about our current HC. However some should beware of how they talk about OUR HC on this forum because it makes us all look ridiculous.

3) Coach S should put pride aside and learn from other coaches @ CCHS on how to build a program. I grant all you nawsayers he has not. He also has made mistake #1....He hired parents on his staff! IMO, mistake #2 is he can not understand a PROGRAM begins from the earliest level then up to HS. However, these are all my opinion and I can not say he is "terrible" or "should be fired"...we hired him, so I will support him...but continue to disagree.

4) I would like to bash alot of coaches decisions but I do not feel this is the place to do it...I would rather do it @ Joe's and pretend people like my opinions. Good Luck tonight, I'm glad I can finally attend!

I agree with most of what was said however there are two things that I disagree with first "we" did not hire him so i will continue to support the kids on the team. Second any coach that does not try to help all of his players advance to college or does something to detour a college from calling on these young men is terrible and does not deserve the right to coach at any high school. I want tell all the young men what a great job they did Friday night because they never did give up. Keep fighting Lions we support you!

I agree with most of what was said however there are two things that I disagree with first "we" did not hire him so i will continue to support the kids on the team. Second any coach that does not try to help all of his players advance to college or does something to detour a college from calling on these young men is terrible and does not deserve the right to coach at any high school. I want tell all the young men what a great job they did Friday night because they never did give up. Keep fighting Lions we support you!

Who is the coach from CC who went to Dekalb as defensive coach and fans say he is doing a good job?

Point # 4 – Is Joe’s still open? I don’t think people eat there anymore!!!!

Hey they have turned their ship around! Especially on Saturday mornings!!! There is an older lady who cooks but doesn't always work on Saturday, but if you can catch her in the Joe's kitchen, it is sooooo good. She makes the best fried chicken ever, well almost better than my Mother's and Grandmother's but you get the point I'm sure!

Well, Well, Well….the “SPY†is going to respond to such an eloquent written post here on caochT…makes me suspicious of who you are. Are you truly a “CCHS†supporter?????

First question (suspicion) is how is it you can only make certain games? You must be like the “SPY†and be a worldly traveler…..much like you I can only make it to some of the games…. Or it’s funny that you made it to Watertown and this past Friday’s game??? (uhmmmm) I think you may be an imposter …I bet you are really from Smith County and you are in cahoots with Termite!!!!!! Fess up now on Coach T and tell the truth!!!!!

But my friend, (not really your friend it’s just a saying) you make good points ….I want to get over the “Ole Man†Bernie……but it is hard too!!! Things were turning for the good (at that point in time)…I realize something was wrong when two separate coaches get rid of a person who connected with the kids…..WE realize something was wrong……but what is wrong is, we are focusing on the wrong problem…it’s not the coach we should be looking into, it’s the guy running the whole show….Can we get the lady from Woodland school back. Is it too late for that????? (OMG never thought I would say that)!!!

Moving on to point # 2, like you I don’t understand this HC….and yes we shouldn’t discuss him on this medium (my big word for forum…want to be just like you). But no one in the present administration seems to know this guy’s true colors…. (Crimson and White are not CC colors, we are Maroon and Gold). You tell us Mr. big words what should we do, sit still and let this guy continue to have 1-9 seasons?

Point # 3 is not pride…..It’s called EGO, and all coaches (football, basketball, or whatever sport have this). And In my opinion he is written checks his EGO can’t cash. In little people words is….He isn’t making deposits in the community to where he can make a withdrawal… (If you understand little people talk). Not trying to bash the man (as I have on occasion), but the first thing a coach should do is embrace the community he is coaching in. I think the community would agree with this, except the ones who choose to kiss up to him…..point made????? As far as the “Daddy Coaches†the term used in the stands, if you have the credentials to coach, then you should be given the opportunity (ie - been somewhere besides CC and coached at a institution, or even better to an accredited college or university and received some form of education . I don’t have an issue with a real coach on a staff (even if his kid is on the team), but to have what he has on the staff is at times humorous (daddy coaches). Enough on that point I think we agree in some form or fashion

Point # 4 – Is Joe’s still open? I don’t think people eat there anymore!!!! So to honor your request we will tone it down a little bit…

One last question, you ain’t the new preacher at the church on the hill are you?????

Mr. spy , you of ALL people should be able to reconize an imposter and its obvious you missed the point CCHS supporter was trying to get across , not trying to single you out by no means but over the years in your outspoken response to these threads seems even you have a hard time moving on when change has evolved for any reason in the administration or coaching ranks its okay human nature is to reject change but as you know past alliances (Bernie , barger, kim ,etc..) have taken its toll and divided support at times so to clarify CCHSsupporter comment GET OVER IT! and support your coach! One more thing Mr. spy appears you have changed your position on (daddy coachs) maybe you can enlighten your followers on your positive position on this subject! IMHO don't EVEN get the people on the HILL on your bad side!!!!

I assure you (unfortunately) I am no preacher! Just someone with an eloquent vocabulary who decided to post on this forum. If you go back and review my history I have held the same position in regards to CC coaches long before this staff was in place and probably long before Spygate was enacted. Therefore, no hidden agenda to protect or make excuses for coaches.

Yes, we are a "Basketball County", however we could be a county that produces great atheletes in all sports....(and still hold that trademark) they are the ones going to State Tourneys. However, if one was to read your past posts P all show you hold to football posts. Maybe you'd like to shift the balance? Either way your correct, its all in fun, and you can provide some funny stuff.

When I started this topic, it wasnt really directed towards whoever you are. It was towards the ones who claim they are CC fans until their "Lil Johnny" gets the boot, or their grandfather is no longer on staff. I personally would like for them to refrain from our intelluctual conservations such as these where we solve all of the worlds problems.

Mr. Fair – it’s an honor to receive feedback from such a distinguished individual.

I am the king of imposter’s, I know this, as my blog name is easily determined as an imposter. So please understand I only get on here to “stir the pot†as they say…..You folks are way too serious and you shouldn’t take any of this cantor as significant substance. If you do, you really need to get a grip on life and seek assistance for your issues. Cannon County is a Basketball County!!!!!! Period…

Now down to business. I asked a simple question; if the gentleman was the new guy. It was just a simple question as the news on the street is there will eventually be a new person in that role. If I offended you I apologize as I think the organization on the hill serves the city of Woodbury and Cannon County well. Enough said on that point….

As for Daddy Coaches on the high school level….I stated if you were qualified there shouldn’t be an issue. If you never played the game from Pee –Wee level through high school or better yet at a higher institution (college or pro if you don’t understand) how can you fit in as an instructor or teacher of student athletes. Football is a game of intensity, if you have never put on a War Bonnet (that’s a helmet) and went through two a days on a hot summer afternoon, it is hard to understand or relate to what the young men go through. I am far from being a Fisher or Ryan as I don’t have 80 hours of my week to put into coaching and personally don’t think Shrenk would hire me on his staff…..But if I did have 80 hours to put into breaking film down and scripting schemes for each weeks opponents I believe the young men would show great intensity and take pride in their efforts and have the confidence to win each Friday Night….Now don’t take that as a negative against the current team, it is not meant to be a shot at this team…..I’m just stating I believe I could help develop young talent into true football players who believe in a system and believe each time they take the field they will whip the person in front of them…..

As for Barger, Batrsch and the current guy, I support the school and yes I do get on this medium and write stuff….that is all it is ….STUFF….It has no prevalence on what goes on in that State of Art debacle (fieldhouse). It is the job of the current guy to guide and develop young men, football is an afterthought. He is to be a leader and to be a leader; you first must gain respect of your followers, both players and community. People starve for leadership …If you will lead they will come….You tell me Mr. Fair is he leading this community like a true leader would?

I enjoyed our time and conversation at the Fund raiser this past Saturday, maybe next year you can bring a shotgun and we can spend time in the field?

One last point if you look at the post CCHS support views he follows basketball more than football, so like I said Cannon County is a Basketball School…enough said….

Thank you Mr.Spy , I enjoyed the fellowship this past Saturdays fund raiser very much and maybe we could join the "real men" next year and try our skills at hunting! To your point on molding and developing young men into football players the ball is in your court on that matter and look forward to positive results on that!

Mr supporter much like you i have commented on the little Johnny status.... Too many parents live there lives through their children. Pushing them into sports hoping they can accomplish what they didn't have the ability or weren't allowed to play. The worst part is they volunteer to coach which is admirable, but they truely lack the knowledge or experience to teach the skills needed to grow and continue to improve. I watch JR PRO basketball last year and sat in disgust, as two parent coaches screamed an hollared at 2nd grade children to set a spread offense on the floor, only to open the floor, to let their "lil johnny" have the ball uncontested to score. this wasn't a one play set. This continued trip after trip down the floor. Fighting mad is the only way i could describe my feelings. How the parents of the other children on the team didn't storm the floor and beat the coaches with gatorade bottles i will never know..... they deserved more, public whipping would have started the punishment these two coaches deserved. Anyway back to the point...the parents who go out of the way to suck up to the coaches need to really step back and see how foolish they truely are viewed in the public eye. I mean show some humilty, and let the talents of your children earn them a spot on the team....Once a child hit the 7th or 8th grade a coach should employ the rule of let your child learn to deal with the situation like a young adult. Tell the kids if there is an issue with your playing time don't send mama or daddy to talk to me. Coaches should tell the kids to not let your parents ask questions regarding palying time, talk to you child and help them set goals to become better players. Parents should only need to talk to coaches about injuries, rehab programs for injuries or maybe logistics of the game day acitvities and how to get to venues. Anything else should be the responsibiity of the players....As you say IMHO...Hope not to offend anyone who reads this but, read it and look at yourself and see "Are you really helping little johnny by sucking up to the coach??? If he is a good coach you're not!!!!!!!

Well said P. You have almost reached my level regarding literary skills! Parents at a younger age do hold a purpose. RIP my father coached me, and I am forever grateful for it! However, its like you stated, the responsibility is dependant upon what type of parent is involved.

Very unfortunate situation w/ Jr Pro. I was lead to believe that program was turning the corner and getting better. Kids deserve better, if your story is accurate! Let's get one Friday night, no "wordly traveling" for me, I'll be in attendance!

And the same to you Mr. Fair, hope to see you at this weeks contest in the Lion Den....0-3 York vs the 0-4 Lions. I hope the leader of our young men has them ready to take a win this Friday night. As far as the hunting, i enjoyed it as a high school boy, but I find more interesting things to do with what little down time i get. For me it's all about the kids and chipping in where i can...I'm a hugh Cannon County Fan and enjoy everything from Pee-wee \ Junior Pro to our high school teams. There is nothing more satisfying than seeing a young person finally have the light go off and figure out how the game is played. I enjoy your knowledge and coverage both on the tube and in writing. Envy may be the way to describe how i feel towards your profession and all the inteactions with all the different sports and institution you visit over the year. continue the good work and see ya soon.

One concern I have Mr. Spy its great to see an individual with your enthusiasm for Cannon Co. sports and an avid supportor but I am troubled that the substantial amount of time and energy you pour into the "T" message boards as you know nothing good comes without alot of hard work so push that chair away from that screen and pitch in with the rest of the "daddy coaches" and who knows you might even get that "dungeon" cleaned up!