Lexington Tigers VS. Liberty Tech

lex52

Game predictions  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Whos gunna win?

Lexington barring injuries should win 14AA in 2011..spank the Crusaders Good.! Tech IMO is basically a 3 man team as far as who they look to for O ..qb can scramble but dont let your defensive backs get off coverage of the tallest reciever or it burn time..Spy the qb and you win..

Chester may be your biggest foe to a repeat..just sayin

Lexington might have the slight edge here because they have 6 or 7 different guys who can run the football well. <_< pound the rock with fresh legs and keep the Liberty Tech's athletes off the field and that should be a recipe for victory :thumb:

speaking of recipes-- you folks in Lexington tell the guy at the Big Red Radio that I said "Chicken Wings Fool!" 8-)

Lexington barring injuries should win 14AA in 2011..spank the Crusaders Good.! Tech IMO is basically a 3 man team as far as who they look to for O ..qb can scramble but dont let your defensive backs get off coverage of the tallest reciever or it burn time..Spy the qb and you win..

Chester may be your biggest foe to a repeat..just sayin

i get the idea that u have something against TECH sir...so ill remind u that most teams only have 3 options on offense...the qb, rb and normally 1 wr...so nothing new there...

this game as every other game TECH plays will come down to offensive and defensive lines...in the last game TECH went more with a passing attack that seemed to actually make the O-lines job easier...granted it was mcnairy im aware...however the d line still had some issues stopping the run...which is lexingtons primary form of attack...liberty in the past has had issues stopping the tigers run game...and seeing as how this years D isn't nearly as impressive as the last 2 or 3...i expect more trouble...last season lexington had a lil play that they ran out wide virtually every down in the 2nd half and none of TECHs players could get off the blocks to make a play...i havent seen any evidence this season that TECH will be able to stop that play...white house used the same play in the post season to take down the crusaders...i believe lexington has traditionally been bigger than the crusaders and that should stay the same this season...that being said the only crusader willing to lay a huge hit has been #7 and 1 player can only make so many plays...and if ur free safety is making tackles on running plays something is wrong...

this game will be a shootout if TECH attacks thru the air...i dont think there is a team in the district that has dbs that match up

as far as chester co...they beat everyone they were suppose to beat...a 1A school...a down 5A school...a rebuilding JCM and a struggling dyersburg team...they are a good team...but they are the 3 seed in this district...they have shown no dominate defense or explosive offense...but once again ill say it...they are a good team...where is the quality opponent...they havent played one yet

i get the idea that u have something against TECH sir...so ill remind u that most teams only have 3 options on offense...the qb, rb and normally 1 wr...so nothing new there...

this game as every other game TECH plays will come down to offensive and defensive lines...in the last game TECH went more with a passing attack that seemed to actually make the O-lines job easier...granted it was mcnairy im aware...however the d line still had some issues stopping the run...which is lexingtons primary form of attack...liberty in the past has had issues stopping the tigers run game...and seeing as how this years D isn't nearly as impressive as the last 2 or 3...i expect more trouble...last season lexington had a lil play that they ran out wide virtually every down in the 2nd half and none of TECHs players could get off the blocks to make a play...i havent seen any evidence this season that TECH will be able to stop that play...white house used the same play in the post season to take down the crusaders...i believe lexington has traditionally been bigger than the crusaders and that should stay the same this season...that being said the only crusader willing to lay a huge hit has been #7 and 1 player can only make so many plays...and if ur free safety is making tackles on running plays something is wrong...

this game will be a shootout if TECH attacks thru the air...i dont think there is a team in the district that has dbs that match up

as far as chester co...they beat everyone they were suppose to beat...a 1A school...a down 5A school...a rebuilding JCM and a struggling dyersburg team...they are a good team...but they are the 3 seed in this district...they have shown no dominate defense or explosive offense...but once again ill say it...they are a good team...where is the quality opponent...they havent played one yet

Well said!!

Is Chester Co ready for the big boys??

Lexington's OL and DL will win this game. Liberty is VERY soft up front. :thumb:

Lexington might have the slight edge here because they have 6 or 7 different guys who can run the football well. <_< pound the rock with fresh legs and keep the Liberty Tech's athletes off the field and that should be a recipe for victory :thumb:

speaking of recipes-- you folks in Lexington tell the guy at the Big Red Radio that I said "Chicken Wings Fool!" 8-)

I agree Lexington's depth will come into affect in this one! Lexington by a 2 td's!

As far as us not playing a quality opponent, I agree, but as far as you saying we don't have an explosive offense or dominate defense I disagree. Do teams without explosive offenses throw for 3 touchdowns in 1 game, or have a RB that rushes for 100+ yds, and have 11 TD's? I don't think so. We may have beat teams we were supposed to beat, but we're hanging up points on all of them. As for defense they average 10.2 pts a game. I'm not trying to be a homer, but the stats speak for themselves.

Well said!!

Is Chester Co ready for the big boys??

Lexington's OL and DL will win this game. Liberty is VERY soft up front. :thumb:

Would love to see Liberty do well in the playoffs...however..the above statement is accurate. The D-line is not very strong nor has the stamina needed to consistantly stop the run or rush the passer.... and the team as a whole will quit if pounded on early and they fall behind. However..a Hookfin team is dangerous if given any early momentum...Lexington needs to score early to send the Crusaders scrambling.

as far as chester co...they beat everyone they were suppose to beat..(.A 1A SCHOOL) ...a down 5A school...a rebuilding JCM and a struggling dyersburg team...they are a good team...but they are the 3 seed in this district...they have shown no dominate defense or explosive offense...but once again ill say it...they are a good team...where is the quality opponent...they havent

played one yet

You've lost yo mind! First off Adamsville is a 2A school and I've seen Lexington play, and I've seen liberty play ! Chester County will win this district hands down ! Lexington barely beat riverside and liberty gave up 200 yards rushing to one kid from Mcnairy ! C'ome on man!

Phelps is the real deal, mark it down !

You've lost yo mind! First off Adamsville is a 2A school and I've seen Lexington play, and I've seen liberty play ! Chester County will win this district hands down ! Lexington barely beat riverside and liberty gave up 200 yards rushing to one kid from Mcnairy ! C'ome on man!

Phelps is the real deal, mark it down !

If you saw Lexington play, it must have been against Riverside because they have looked pretty good in the other games. The one thing you did not see during the Riverside game was #2. Lexington did not have their starting quarterback that game and put the ball on the ground 5 times during the QB-Center exchange. That combination of events can hurt you during a football game.

This Friday night against Liberty is shaping up to be a great game and will let both teams know a lot when it is over. I don't know what is going to happen or make any predictions but I am excited. Coach Worth and the Tigers will probably start worrying about Chester County on October 1. They have a game every Friday night until then.

If you saw Lexington play, it must have been against Riverside because they have looked pretty good in the other games. The one thing you did not see during the Riverside game was #2. Lexington did not have their starting quarterback that game and put the ball on the ground 5 times during the QB-Center exchange. That combination of events can hurt you during a football game.

This Friday night against Liberty is shaping up to be a great game and will let both teams know a lot when it is over. I don't know what is going to happen or make any predictions but I am excited. Coach Worth and the Tigers will probably start worrying about Chester County on October 1. They have a game every Friday night until then.

Chester County also has a bye week, then a cupcake game before Lexington.