Clay County @ Red Boiling Springs

swanson71

This game was called at the end of the 3rd quarter. The atmosphere was becoming to chaotic and the school officials along with the game officials decided it best to put an end to it. RBS fans were asked to leave their stands and Clay County fans were asked to remain in the stands until RBS had exited. The same was done with the players. Pity this game turned out the way it did. It was 14-7 at the half and RBS was playing tough. CCHS put up 21 unanswered in the 3rd and final quarter though.

This game was called at the end of the 3rd quarter. The atmosphere was becoming to chaotic and the school officials along with the game officials decided it best to put an end to it. RBS fans were asked to leave their stands and Clay County fans were asked to remain in the stands until RBS had exited. The same was done with the players. Pity this game turned out the way it did. It was 14-7 at the half and RBS was playing tough. CCHS put up 21 unanswered in the 3rd and final quarter though.

Wow!, what was happening to get so out of control?

Wow!, what was happening to get so out of control?

Man I'm not sure. I think maybe RBS's players were feeling good about things at halftime and then after a troublesome 3rd they had lost their composure. There was a player thrown out from each squad, several personal fouls on both sides, and just some flat out dirty play from what I could see from the stands. Looked to me like RBS was instigating the majority of it, but it may have lloked just the opposite from the other side.

I was told it was 14-6 at halftime with RBS just making some mistakes that give Clay County and edge. Seemed if they could cut down on the mistakes they could have won the game or atleast give themselves a chance to win the game. Usually in situations like this both sides are to fault. I wasn't there at that game, I was watching the shoot out between Dekalb and Smith. I believe the coaches and refs are mostly to blame for a game getting out of hand like this one did. Teenagers have tempers and a lot of time in the heat of the moment doesn't control that temper. I believe as adults the coaches and refs should have been able to take control of the game and the players.

Edited by swanson71

I was at the game and it was pretty even at halftime with clay county up 14 - 7, in the third quarter, the refs lost control of the game with a lot of bad calls against Red Boiling, and then they were ignoring calls against Clay County. The first fight came late in the 3rd, when #25 from Red Boiling threw punches at #16 from Clay county, but what was not called is that 16 had grabbed the genitals of #25 and would not let go, thus starting the fight, #16 had been on his facebook page before the game and had raised the ire of Red Boiling in things he had posted, second fight which ended the game came after Clay County scored again and was not penalized for taunting after the score, the refs were seen motioning #16 to calm down the celebration, but no flag was thrown, on the next drive late hits by clay county started the second fight which had the whole clay county bench swarmed the field, while the red boiling coaches held the boys back with some success(no red boiling players from the bench entered the fray but they did go on the field)all in all it was a poor outcome to what could have been a good game, there are photos and videos of the game and i am sure they will be posted somewhere shortly so do not take my word let your eyes be the judge of what happened

Edited by darqueness

I was at the game and it was pretty even at halftime with clay county up 14 - 7, in the third quarter, the refs lost control of the game with a lot of bad calls against Red Boiling, and then they were ignoring calls against Clay County. The first fight came late in the 3rd, when #25 from Red Boiling threw punches at #16 from Clay county, but what was not called is that 16 had grabbed the genitals of #25 and would not let go, thus starting the fight, #16 had been on his facebook page before the game and had raised the ire of Red Boiling in things he had posted, second fight which ended the game came after Clay County scored again and was not penalized for taunting after the score, the refs were seen motioning #16 to calm down the celebration, but no flag was thrown, on the next drive late hits by clay county started the second fight which had the whole clay county bench swarmed the field, while the red boiling coaches held the boys back with some success(no red boiling players from the bench entered the fray but they did go on the field)all in all it was a poor outcome to what could have been a good game, there are photos and videos of the game and i am sure they will be posted somewhere shortly so do not take my word let your eyes be the judge of what happened

Yea I bet he grabbed his genitals. Are you sure its not the fact that RBS had been running their mouth and then #16 decided to turn into Tebow and trucked over 3 players on his way to a TD. And that didn't sit too well with the players that got handled like that. Well at least Clay won the fight on the scoreboard and on the field.

Yea I bet he grabbed his genitals. Are you sure its not the fact that RBS had been running their mouth and then #16 decided to turn into Tebow and trucked over 3 players on his way to a TD. And that didn't sit too well with the players that got handled like that. Well at least Clay won the fight on the scoreboard and on the field.

that sir was after #25 was ejected from the game, and the camera does not lie, there will be a long meeting with the TSAA come monday morning.

also why did he change his jersey from #10 to #16?

and why did you not address the issues with the way the game was called and just one of the fights, not the second, one TD is not Tebow-like nor is the attitude presented in the game, in actual debating of a position one must present facts and not opinions to be taken seriously, and to take pride in what was not a game is very immature in attitude, sportsmanship is something to be appreciated in victory or loss. condoning what happened on that field last night is not something to be proud of

Edited by darqueness

that sir was after #25 was ejected from the game, and the camera does not lie, there will be a long meeting with the TSAA come monday morning.

also why did he change his jersey from #10 to #16?

and why did you not address the issues with the way the game was called and just one of the fights, not the second, one TD is not Tebow-like nor is the attitude presented in the game, in actual debating of a position one must present facts and not opinions to be taken seriously, and to take pride in what was not a game is very immature in attitude, sportsmanship is something to be appreciated in victory or loss. condoning what happened on that field last night is not something to be proud of

Yea RBS should be ashamed of the way they acted after getting scored on. I guess they just aren't that classy.

Edited by CCHS08
  • Upvote 1

Again no facts just opinions, and since you were on the field how can anyone expect an objective opinion?

I was watching the game and I saw smack talk coming from both sides. Its sports its going to happen. But its the matter of who has more class and is the bigger man. And no argument can be made that RBS didn't throw the first punches of the night. You can watch that game film all day and you will see RBS players on top of CCHS qb and throwing hard punches. RBS was not trying to be secret about it, they were throwing haymakers.

Edited by CCHS08

Yea RBS should be ashamed of the way they acted after getting scored on. I guess they just aren't that classy.

yea what's not classy is clay county haveing to pay tssaa for a win every time RBS comes to town,and clay co coaches telling their guys to start fights,tssaa has their backs.,clay co starts it all and RBS gets all the flags,thats why ALL the blame go's to tssaa,and clay co coaches!,also clay co staff for letting this happen.,all RBS wanted was a fair football game,until clay co gets rid of the coward coaches and let the BOYS play the football game this type of thang well allways go on. CLAY CO COWARDS! RBS well always defend themselves.