BLACKMAN vs. OAKLAND

GREENMULE

Oakland travels across town to play the Blaze. Let's do some comparisons.

Let's first compare offenses. Sorry, but they are not as close as they would seem at first glance. While the Blaze claims to have a strong running attack, I would point out the Patriots are actually averaging more yards per game (they are over 300 yards per game). The Patriots are led by Andre Chesterfield's 100+ yards per game. However, he gets breaks and the next group of Travon Willis, Trey Swader, Fred Wade, and Emmanuel Smith ALL average over 50 yards a game each (that is over 200 yards a game for the second group). Blackman gives the ball generally to one really good running back, Mathers. So, the choice is easy, do you pick a team with potentially one really good running back who could get knocked out of a game with a big hit, or do you go with a team that has FIVE high quality running backs. The passing attacks are even. Oakland's offensive line is another advantage as they average about 260 pounds. I have to pick the team with the Biggest Uglies. Advantage - Oakland.

It is the defense when an even more significant advantage can be found. Oakland plays Coach White Defense -- hit them in the mouth, and when they get up, hit them in the mouth again. Bodies are going to be flying all over the field making tackles. Luckily for Oakland it seems that the last two Patton boys have finally graduated. Blackman has only one one returning starter on defense. Oakland's defense has made stops, Blackman simply seems to let the other team score to put their offense back on the field. Blackman sure could not stop Siegel's offense very well. Advantage - Oakland.

Special teams - no contest. Multiple Oakland players can take the ball on a punt or kickoff to the endzone. Both teams have rookie kickers. Advantage - Oakland.

Intangibles - Both coaches have taken teams to the state championship (but the Blackman coach was not at Blackman). Oakland has a history of winning (Three State Football Championships). The Blaze have a history of feasting on teams that Never Were and not doing as well in the big games. While Blackman may be looking for revenge over the past few years, Oakland is still fuming over last week's loss. Another Advantage - Oakland.

Prediction for the Game: Pain for BlackLusterLand, joy on a bus ride back across town to Oakland. 28-10.

thanks for the props for the boys...BUT...this is sort of a funny post in a couple of areas...

1. to say blackman has one "really good back" is hilarious...blackman has 3 really good backs in little mathers...nutgrass and allen....but they have a "GREAT BACK...BEST BACK IN THE STATE...TOP 20 RUNNING BACK IN THE NATION IN BIG MATHERS! that is the reason you have not heard much of the others...but when they have given THE GREAT ONE a rest...they are "really good". i'll take the great on over 5 others and day! running attack: advantage blackman!

2. it also may be that you have averaged a "few" more yards per game because if you look it up...the strength of scedule goes to the blaze...just saying! strength of schedule : advantage blackman

3. passing attack even...LOL...again...just check the stats...we are very capable in this area when we need to be...and last year that is what beat ya'll...mac does not want to nor does he like to throw it...and at this point in the season...i and others are not sure you can! passing attack: advantage blackman!

4. i do agree that our Defense is our weakness...this is true...but up till this point...no one has stopped siegel...but if we don't improve...it won't be pretty! defense: advantage oakland!

5. special teams: rookie kickers cancel each other out...THE GREAT ONE...gives us the advantage on punt and kickoff returns... advantage blackman!

6. intangibles: our coach and the little ole blaze are 24-5 over the last two years and 4 games of this season...and this INCLUDES A WIN OVER MIGHTY OAKLAND LAST YEAR WHEN THEY WERE NUMBER 1...yeah...just feasting on those who never were...ha! why would blackman be looking out for revenge when we beat you last year and sent the patriots into a spiral??? this was really funny! advantage Blackman!

so you got 1 out of 6 right... :flower:

and if my memory serves me right...you said oakland would put the hurt on blackman last year...

Blackman 35 Oakland 21

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be strictly BHS O VS OHS D. OHS needs to put a few pops on Mathers to slow him down and keep him from wanting to run so hard. The kid is impressive as heck.

I put my money on Coach White to have an impressive game plan.

I pray Mac puts the ball into the air some to keep The D on their heels instead of in the box all night.

Let's just say their is no love lost between the coaching staffs. I would like to hear Shad's lil pre-game speech. Will he do the same boxing gloves routine as last yr? I hope Mac has learned to go low profile in the press and on youtube.

This game is going to get very physical. I like the Pats in double OT.

This is going to be strictly BHS O VS OHS D. OHS needs to put a few pops on Mathers to slow him down and keep him from wanting to run so hard. The kid is impressive as heck.

I put my money on Coach White to have an impressive game plan.

I pray Mac puts the ball into the air some to keep The D on their heels instead of in the box all night.

Let's just say their is no love lost between the coaching staffs. I would like to hear Shad's lil pre-game speech. Will he do the same boxing gloves routine as last yr? I hope Mac has learned to go low profile in the press and on youtube.

This game is going to get very physical. I like the Pats in double OT.

you nailed it 2P...BHS O VS. OHS D...

FYI: the only reason shad did the boxing routine is cause mac had said in the papers he wanted "fight"...so shad said...okay-we'll give him one! :thumb:

and...RUMOR HAS IT...these coaches actually really like and respect each other...!

Both of these coaches want to get their boys fired up so if it takes a boxing routine or a " tough man contest" speech than have at it! Look forward to a good game tonight...Go Pats

"THEY WANT A TOUGH MAN CONTEST...WE'LL GIVE EM A TOUGH MAN CONTEST...FOOTBALL IS A TOUGH MAN CONTEST...YOU HIT ME AND I'LL HIT YOU BACK"

Coach Mac :thumb:

thanks for the props for the boys...BUT...this is sort of a funny post in a couple of areas...

1. to say blackman has one "really good back" is hilarious...blackman has 3 really good backs in little mathers...nutgrass and allen....but they have a "GREAT BACK...BEST BACK IN THE STATE...TOP 20 RUNNING BACK IN THE NATION IN BIG MATHERS! that is the reason you have not heard much of the others...but when they have given THE GREAT ONE a rest...they are "really good". i'll take the great on over 5 others and day! running attack: advantage blackman!

2. it also may be that you have averaged a "few" more yards per game because if you look it up...the strength of scedule goes to the blaze...just saying! strength of schedule : advantage blackman

3. passing attack even...LOL...again...just check the stats...we are very capable in this area when we need to be...and last year that is what beat ya'll...mac does not want to nor does he like to throw it...and at this point in the season...i and others are not sure you can! passing attack: advantage blackman!

4. i do agree that our Defense is our weakness...this is true...but up till this point...no one has stopped siegel...but if we don't improve...it won't be pretty! defense: advantage oakland!

5. special teams: rookie kickers cancel each other out...THE GREAT ONE...gives us the advantage on punt and kickoff returns... advantage blackman!

6. intangibles: our coach and the little ole blaze are 24-5 over the last two years and 4 games of this season...and this INCLUDES A WIN OVER MIGHTY OAKLAND LAST YEAR WHEN THEY WERE NUMBER 1...yeah...just feasting on those who never were...ha! why would blackman be looking out for revenge when we beat you last year and sent the patriots into a spiral??? this was really funny! advantage Blackman!

so you got 1 out of 6 right... :flower:

and if my memory serves me right...you said oakland would put the hurt on blackman last year...

Blackman 35 Oakland 21