BA 31, MBA 6

WesVLT

Brentwood Academy dominated this one. Hats off to MBA, but tonight the Eagles were most definitely the better team. BA's productive running game (Holbert, Mustin, Townsend) was perfectly complemented by an efficient passing game (Adcock to Fuson, McTorry). Meanwhile, Brentwood Academy's defense scored a shutout. MBA's only score was on a kickoff return.

MBA's passing game was horrendous. For all the talk, they really struggled tonight. Here are the stats as calculated in my head, these are in NO way official but I think I kept pretty good count.

QB Michael Fisher -- 9-22, 22 yds, 4 int.

Yeah. It was rough for the Big Red...at halftime they had 32 total yards, and couldn't have had far over 100 for the game. Meanwhile, BA did pretty much whatever it wanted, and if it wasn't for a poor fumble call in the end zone it would've been 38-6. But that doesn't matter. What matters is that both teams played hard and BA was clearly the better team. Good luck to both squads as they complete their seasons.

Posted by WesVols:

Brentwood Academy dominated this one. Hats off to MBA, but tonight the Eagles were most definitely the better team. BA's productive running game (Holbert, Mustin, Townsend) was perfectly complemented by an efficient passing game (Adcock to Fuson, McTorry). Meanwhile, Brentwood Academy's defense scored a shutout. MBA's only score was on a kickoff return.

MBA's passing game was horrendous. For all the talk, they really struggled tonight. Here are the stats as calculated in my head, these are in NO way official but I think I kept pretty good count.

QB Michael Fisher -- 9-22, 22 yds, 4 int.

Yeah. It was rough for the Big Red...at halftime they had 32 total yards, and couldn't have had far over 100 for the game. Meanwhile, BA did pretty much whatever it wanted, and if it wasn't for a poor fumble call in the end zone it would've been 38-6. But that doesn't matter. What matters is that both teams played hard and BA was clearly the better team. Good luck to both squads as they complete their seasons.

Congratulations to BA. I know it must feel good to finally know what it feels like to beat the Big Red. I'm sure it was exciting. It would have been nice if only one Brentwood team could have won tonight, but oh well. Also, guess I was ignorant for picking an MBA win here. I was just all wrong this week. :x