District 7AAA - 2011

siegelsoccer

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Siegel 2-0 over Blackman

Great job to both teams! With rain delays and the Smyrna/Oakland game going into OT, the game didn't start until 9:15 which made a long day for all of the girls.

The Oakland/Siegel rematch on Thursday should be great.

There certainly were multiple OT games last night all over the state....Great Soccer ! :popcorneater:

Notre Dame V Signal Mountain game ended at midnight...

D

Edited by CHAMPDDS

Hard fought game tonight

Siegel 2

Oakland 0

Next match

Siegel hosts Columbia Central on Tuesday

Oakland travels to Tullahoma on Tuesday

i'm going to assume the region final will be at siegel park instead of the high school

because of the smyrna at siegel football on tv

oakland 4-3 tullahoma

goals oakland ashley bush 2 linsey rose and brianna sears

tullahoma atlanta lazarus rachel witherspoon and kari george

oakland went up 3-0 tullahoma tie it at 3 with 6 minutes left

side judge missed a offside call with 1 minute 12 left when ashley bush scored

needless to say oakland got out of tullahoma by the skin of there teech

oakland vs siegel at siegel park thursday

This was a good game, hard fought battle from both sides. However, your statement that the side judge missed the call is unfair. Unless you were precisely on the line with them, you have no idea. Regardless of what team(if any) you may have been for in this contest, the referees of this game in no way negatively affected the outcome of this game. But again, great soccer game! Congratulations to Oakland for advancing, as well as Tullahoma for not giving up and making a solid comeback that fell just short of an upset.

This was a good game, hard fought battle from both sides. However, your statement that the side judge missed the call is unfair. Unless you were precisely on the line with them, you have no idea. Regardless of what team(if any) you may have been for in this contest, the referees of this game in no way negatively affected the outcome of this game. But again, great soccer game! Congratulations to Oakland for advancing, as well as Tullahoma for not giving up and making a solid comeback that fell just short of an upset.

I was on the line exactly behind the ref and seeing exactly what they had to see. As well as another person who is a very experienced ref and a third person who has coached soccer for a very long time from another county. None of us had a dog in the fight we just wanted to see a good game. The AR was missing offsides calls all during the game. On this particular situation, Oakland had a player on the right attacking side that was standing about four yards offsides but the ball did not go to her. The player who received the ball was offsides at the time the ball was struck. She made a run in the middle and was at least a good 3 or 4 feet offsides when the ball was played to her. It was not a hard call to make. Like I said all three of us were right behind the AR and had the same view of the play that the AR had and all three of us agreed that the Oakland player was offsides. No question about it.

However, your statement that the side judge missed the call is unfair.

Based on having "5,306" recorded posts on this site since 2003, "mjuhb" has earned my respect and credibility as a true and knowledgeable soccer fan. Based on your "1" post, I will choose to click ignore. Congrats to players on both teams for an exciting game. I wish I had been there to see it. Good luck to Oakland Thursday.

First off, Im did not question anyones credibility, nor am I trying to increase mine. Fans and coaches (even myself on occasion) disagree with calls all during games that quite honestly we have no clue what could really be going on. There is ONLY 1 angle that an offsides can be correctly called from. Im sure that there were a few people who may have been on line with that call. However, the claim that you, another knowledgable referee, and some other person were EXACTLY on the line I find very hard to believe. Who knows, maybe you were, I'm sure Tullahoma parents on the opposite end of the field felt that they knew 100% that she was offsides, and they have no clue. The press box may also have a great view of the field, but unless the offsides call is made exactly at half field, they have no idea.

Also, if a player receives the ball 4 yards behind a defense in front of the goal, this could be the result of a failed attempt at an offsides trap perhaps? Many possibilities. The referees, although not perfect, miss ALOT less calls than the fans and coaches think.

Edited by UnlikelySpectator