Knoxville Catholic @ Knoxville Webb

Spartan4Life

These two bitter rivals face off once again. These games have been series of streaks. Webb leads the series 25 to 11. Catholic won 7 in a row before losing the past two. What are the keys for tonight and who goes away with Cedar Bluff bragging rights?

Looks like Webb has that taken care of. Pardon my ignorance, is Meadows still the coach at Catholic?

Whew.... That was a whipping!

tpoole12

Very proud of the Spartans performance tonight. However, the fact that Catholics only two scores came from a pick six and a touchdown with webb jv in makes me wonder how far has catholic fallen. Only a few years ago Catholic was consistently one of the best teams in the state. While i felt like last years Catholic team was solid, this years just looked weak. I felt like webb would struggle a little more without aaron blance but it was apparent that Webb was head over heals better. How is the coaching situation looking at catholic for next year?

Very proud of the Spartans performance tonight. However, the fact that Catholics only two scores came from a pick six and a touchdown with webb jv in makes me wonder how far has catholic fallen. Only a few years ago Catholic was consistently one of the best teams in the state. While i felt like last years Catholic team was solid, this years just looked weak. I felt like webb would struggle a little more without aaron blance but it was apparent that Webb was head over heals better. How is the coaching situation looking at catholic for next year?

Catholic looked like....to put it mildly....crap lol...Webb that much better or has Catholic cashed it in already? They haven't been the same since Pemberton left.

Is it not possible that Catholic is just "off cycle" so to speak. I mean all teams have great periods and bad periods. Maybe they're young. Maybe they're just not talented. I remember times when Alcoa was 6-6 and 3-7....Maryville losing 4 games in a row...Sure they won state but thats a different story. Good teams cycle through stages all the time. I wouldnt put too much thought into it.

Is it not possible that Catholic is just "off cycle" so to speak. I mean all teams have great periods and bad periods. Maybe they're young. Maybe they're just not talented. I remember times when Alcoa was 6-6 and 3-7....Maryville losing 4 games in a row...Sure they won state but thats a different story. Good teams cycle through stages all the time. I wouldnt put too much thought into it.

The only "cycling" Catholic is doing is down the toilet. Never should have run Pemberton off. He's turned around a Macon County program that won 1 or 2 games during 07,08,09 and took them to the playoffs in his first year nearly knocking off David Lipscomb. The fact that Meadows could not do better than .500 with all the talent he had the previous two seasons must be stunningly disappointing. It won't get better anytime soon; with or without coach Meadows. The talent is headed elsewhere...anywhere...Maryville picked up some kids that were headed that way, as has and will Webb, CAK, Grace, Hardin Valley, Bearden, West, and Farragut. The Catholic youth program will not produce anywhere near the caliber of players it once did because those kids are lining up for the youth programs aligned with the other schools listed above. Catholic won't beat Maryville, Bearden, West. They have a 40% shot at beating Lenoir City, and perhaps a 60% shot at Heritage. 4-6 is the best they'll do. Probably 3-7.