Greeneville vs West Greene

gvillealltheway

49 members have voted

1. 1. who wins

I did gdevilfan your right. It was a safety issue . Thats what the whistle is for , it means stop . If you think it didn't happen then watch the game film . ( oh wait , Greenville films don't come with sound on them . Maybe you could watch the one sg recorded it has sound . ) just mentioned that so you would know I'm not blowing smoke about seeing them . I will say this I read a lot of these threads and you are not one of the ones that disrespects the other teams or schools in general . And for that I respect you . See I was taught to believe you respect everyone and their opinions until they do something to lose that . You may not agree or like it but you can and should respect it . Getting blasted in the back after a ball bounces though the endzone and your up by 30 causes me to lose respect . To be picked up and slammed flat of your back after a whistle has blown and the runner who weighed 100 lb lighter has stopped and went limp causes me to lose respect . Call it whining or what ever , Greenville done some things that were cheap that night. Did sg? WY ya probably but they weren't as noticeable and deliberate as those two instances . I didn't mean to start a rucuss with that post and if it struck some wrong I do apologize . ..... Greenville high school has the opportunity to do something great the next couple of years , don't negate that by trashing other players and teams and cheap shots on the field or on these threads . The wrong is what we are remembered by not the good .

Edited by greenecosportsfan

Swipes Boles will have more yards than both Greenvilles backs and sg linebacker will double the tackles of any of ghs linebackers regardless of playing lesser competition . That comes from hard work in the weight room and lots of hours in front of game films from both of them . Just like ghs players . . Nobody on ghs is near yards or tackles as these two have . They are fun to watch and shine at their positions . Probably be best to do the comparison just on conference games so its equal opportunity for all . And for the record I respect very much what Greenville has accomplished the last few years . They have become a state power and from what I have seen that wont stop this year .

I know that Greenevilles RB wont put up as many numbers as Boles even in Conference because 1) they don't run the same offense that WG does where Boles gets 20-30 carries a game and 2) Greeneville will have there startes out by half time. The same goes with Greenevilles Linebackers, not to mention when the other team can't get past the Greeneville D-line its hard to make tackles at LB. I have said that both Boles and The LB from SG are good but you are trying to compare apples and oranges in my opinion. When you realy on a few players like WG and SG does and Greeneville has more complete players you will put up bigger numbers. I've been around alot of football in my life and still am around it so i'm just giving you an view from a different point.

How have you been Kevo? I played ball with you at Greeneville

Those two are oranges pal and good ones at that . Or apples or which ever you think Greenville players are that they are not . What you see is them slowed down by Greenville who has several top notch players who are keying on them every play. Greenville as a team is on another level and I have never said differently . But there are some county players who could make them better than they are .

Those two are oranges pal and good ones at that . Or apples or which ever you think Greenville players are that they are not . What you see is them slowed down by Greenville who has several top notch players who are keying on them every play. Greenville as a team is on another level and I have never said differently . But there are some county players who could make them better than they are .

You cant compare numbers from teams when they play lesser competition (apples to oranges) Just because you put up big numbers against teams that aren't that great doesn't mean you would start for Greeneville. I already said that Boles and The LB from SG are good and would get to play for Greeneville but wouldn't have near the stats because of the reasons i stated in my last post 1) they don't run the same offense that WG does where Boles gets 20-30 carries a game and 2) Greeneville will have there startes out by half time. The same goes with Greenevilles Linebackers, not to mention when the other team can't get past the Greeneville D-line its hard to make tackles at LB. If you don't see that then your football IQ isn't that high

You cant compare numbers from teams when they play lesser competition (apples to oranges) Just because you put up big numbers against teams that aren't that great doesn't mean you would start for Greeneville. I already said that Boles and The LB from SG are good and would get to play for Greeneville but wouldn't have near the stats because of the reasons i stated in my last post 1) they don't run the same offense that WG does where Boles gets 20-30 carries a game and 2) Greeneville will have there startes out by half time. The same goes with Greenevilles Linebackers, not to mention when the other team can't get past the Greeneville D-line its hard to make tackles at LB. If you don't see that then your football IQ isn't that high

You forgot to mention another point. All the other defenses each week when they play West Greene, key in on Boles and try to stop him. Stop Boles, you got a good chance to win. I'm sure that's what Greeneville will be working on in defense all week. I heard Cumberland Gap had two guys spying on him the entire game and he still came away with 350 yards. You can't do that with Greeneville. If you focus on stopping Shuffler, Stewart will get you. If you focus on stopping Stewart, Hall will get you. If you focus on stopping Hall, then... well you get the point. Boles still gets his yards even though defenses are keying in on him, trying to stop him. Either that is good running or his blockers are doing a heck of a job, or maybe it's both. Greeneville as a team is amazing, West Greene is average. Boles as a player is great and most of Greenville's are too. I would agree, if West Greene had all the talent that Greeneville does, his numbers wouldn't be where they are. But you can't take anything away from this kid because of that. He is an exceptional talent that has worked hard and it has paid off.

You forgot to mention another point. All the other defenses each week when they play West Greene, key in on Boles and try to stop him. Stop Boles, you got a good chance to win. I'm sure that's what Greeneville will be working on in defense all week. I heard Cumberland Gap had two guys spying on him the entire game and he still came away with 350 yards. You can't do that with Greeneville. If you focus on stopping Shuffler, Stewart will get you. If you focus on stopping Stewart, Hall will get you. If you focus on stopping Hall, then... well you get the point. Boles still gets his yards even though defenses are keying in on him, trying to stop him. Either that is good running or his blockers are doing a heck of a job, or maybe it's both. Greeneville as a team is amazing, West Greene is average. Boles as a player is great and most of Greenville's are too. I would agree, if West Greene had all the talent that Greeneville does, his numbers wouldn't be where they are. But you can't take anything away from this kid because of that. He is an exceptional talent that has worked hard and it has paid off.

Every week people key on stopping Greenevilles running game (sorry there are better athletes like you said) just like they do stopping WG's aka Boles. The only team to do that so far has been Mo West. I've said Boles is a good running back a hundred times but just because he has put up big numbers against sub par competition doesn't mean he is the Greatest RB like some of you people think (mostly WG people). If he puts up half as big of Number against GHS first D as he has in past weeks i will be more impressed by that than 350 against a CG. Ever since his sophmore year when GHS went to the range everyone has said how much he will run on GHS and still has yet to do

Every week people key on stopping Greenevilles running game (sorry there are better athletes like you said) just like they do stopping WG's aka Boles. The only team to do that so far has been Mo West. I've said Boles is a good running back a hundred times but just because he has put up big numbers against sub par competition doesn't mean he is the Greatest RB like some of you people think (mostly WG people). If he puts up half as big of Number against GHS first D as he has in past weeks i will be more impressed by that than 350 against a CG. Ever since his sophmore year when GHS went to the range everyone has said how much he will run on GHS and still has yet to do

Yeah and Manning never beat Florida, The Bills or Marino never won the Super Bowl, and Barry Sanders never won a play off game. But were these people and teams not great?

Yeah and Manning never beat Florida, The Bills or Marino never won the Super Bowl, and Barry Sanders never won a play off game. But were these people and teams not great?

I sure hope your not trying to compare Boles to Manning, Marino, or Barry Sanders :roflol:. This is high school football not college or pro's. The three people you mention also put up big numbers against great competition and Boles has yet to do that. He is a good high school running back just not one of the greats that i've even seen this year. There is a lot better football players in Knxoville (where I live) than in Greene Co. (excluding GHS).