CAK vs. Scott Co.

FootballDad

CAK is coming off a nice victory over Gibbs, but this week Scott Co. is a district game, which makes it even more important. Slowly the Warrior defense is improving, which basically is due to all of the inexperienced players now having enough game experience to learn from their mistakes as well as the coaches being willing to implement some varying ways to defend different offenses. The CAK offense continues to fly right along and put up impressive stats. The past couple of years the Highlanders have been a scrappy bunch with enough weapons to scare you if you have an off night. But it appears that they are down a bit this year. Are they running the same style offense or have they changed their style? What can the Warriors expect from Scott Co.?

Edited by FootballDad

CAK is coming off a nice victory over Gibbs, but this week Scott Co. is a district game, which makes it even more important. Slowly the Warrior defense is improving, which basically is due to all of the inexperienced players now having enough game experience to learn from their mistakes as well as the coaches being willing to implement some varying ways to defend different offenses. The CAK offense continues to fly right along and put up impressive stats. The past couple of years the Highlanders have been a scrappy bunch with enough weapons to scare you if you have an off night. But it appears that they are down a bit this year. Are they running the same style offense or have they changed their style? What can the Warriors expect from Scott Co.?

The Highlanders are down a little from last year. They run a different offense, but they are still a scrappy bunch and they will play you hard all night.

I've been trying to keep up with my warriors through CoachT, but nobody is helping me out. Week after week there is very little "friendly" conversation between opponents like there was in the old days. Occasional trash talk never hurt anybody. What happened to that fire that used to ignite this flame? Are the warriors just not as rowdy as we used to be?

All I can say is that I'm proud these guys are showing up out on the field. I wish I could keep up with everybody more. But nobody is helping me out here. Go Warrriors!

I've been trying to keep up with my warriors through CoachT, but nobody is helping me out. Week after week there is very little "friendly" conversation between opponents like there was in the old days. Occasional trash talk never hurt anybody. What happened to that fire that used to ignite this flame? Are the warriors just not as rowdy as we used to be?

All I can say is that I'm proud these guys are showing up out on the field. I wish I could keep up with everybody more. But nobody is helping me out here. Go Warrriors!

You are right OleWarrior, not as much jibber on the T this year between CAK and our opponents. Most of that is explained away by the schedule. AC was new to the schedule and normally on the 4A/5A threads, Lexington Christian is in KY, Stone has virtually no posters ever, Grace has virtually banned posters since the probation, Loudon is so far down that even their faithful couldn't muster up much to say, and Gibbs was reeling from a close loss to GP and was unsure of themselves. So I think that explains a lot of it. I will keep you up to date as much as you would like, just PM me if you are a Plus Member on Coach T. In a nut shell, our Warriors are lethal on offense and weaker on defense than we have been the past couple years. Although, the D is showing signs of improvement and we still have a head hunter or two that you would be proud of :D . We miss a few of you ole rebel rousers, ha, but at least our personal foul penalties have gone down. If you can, tune into all of our games on the internet at www.wnoxfm.com Maybe that will help keep you a little better informed. Hope to see you soon :thumb:

Edited by FootballDad

I'm sure Coach Lambert will have that defense ready to rock and roll tonight. Good luck to Scott.

In Muhammad Ali's words "float like a butterfly, sting like a bee, your hands can't hit what your eyes can't see". Very difficult to prepare in practice for the type of passing game the Highlanders will see tonight. They will have to cover the entire field, since CAK will throw the short, medium and long ball to the best overall corp of receivers in the state IMHO. Precise routes, good hands, great verticals, and very fast, they make a lot of yards after the catch. So I doubt Scott will have much success at all on defense. Now, they may see some limited results on offense since the Warrior defense will be missing a couple starters tonight who are trying to get healthy. Hard to replace Sr. starters with freshmen and it not hurt you some. I'm sure both teams have put in the appropriate time and effort preparing for the game, so I hope it is a good, injury free game for both teams, but I just don't see Scott being in this one by the 4th qtr.

I'm sure Coach Lambert will have that defense ready to rock and roll tonight. Good luck to Scott.

I was told that someone very closely affiliated with Scott football told some CAK friends of his that High will throw for 1000 yards tonight.

Oh and for the hardcore CAK fans, High is currently 1100 yards and 10 TDs behind Epperly's senior stats. Just something fun to keep track of :thumb:

See yall tonight :popcorneater:

I was told that someone very closely affiliated with Scott football told some CAK friends of his that High will throw for 1000 yards tonight.

Oh and for the hardcore CAK fans, High is currently 1100 yards and 10 TDs behind Epperly's senior stats. Just something fun to keep track of :thumb:

See yall tonight :popcorneater:

Scott Co. has been a scrappy bunch the last couple of years and capable of stinging you if you weren't careful. But now that the Sexton kid at QB and a couple others have graduated, I believe Scott just doesn't have enough fire power to be a serious threat. But CAK still needs to come out sharp and put away the game early and then rest the starters. The Warriors are so thin at practically every position that any injuries at all have a domino affect on the team. Thats why they have chosen to rest a couple of the dinged up players this week.

I'm hardcore, but I'm also old school. I'd like to see more rushing yards than passing yards for a change, ha. I bet that has NEVER happened since R.Bradley has been the coach. :roflol:

Edited by FootballDad