Jo Byrns @ Houston Co.

Shep

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the W?

• Jo Byrns Red Devils
    • Houston Co. Fighting Irish

Prediction from the RobCo Times...

Jo Byrns @ Houston County – The Red Devils will need to finish the season 4-0 to have any shot at a good seed in the playoffs. Red Devils 24, Irish 6.

All things considered, that might not be a bad score prediction. I just hope that JB takes on the challenge, hangs 50 on the Irish, and the D gets a goose egg.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prediction from the RobCo Times...

Jo Byrns @ Houston County – The Red Devils will need to finish the season 4-0 to have any shot at a good seed in the playoffs. Red Devils 24, Irish 6.

All things considered, that might not be a bad score prediction. I just hope that JB takes on the challenge, hangs 50 on the Irish, and the D gets a goose egg.

AHHHH! The good ol' days of the Goose Egg Defense (GED). Boy would that be nice or what? Even if it is Houston Co. a goose egg on the scoreboard would look good!!! What do you say Devils? Do you have it in you? I know the answer...YES! JB has had a good run for 6 straight years now...you don't want to be the team that Phucsitup! We all know you have it in you but we ain't seen it in a while.

Here’s a quick rundown on Houston County…

They’re 2-3 having lost their last 3 after starting the season 2-0. Their results are:

2A-Richland (1-4), won 44-0

2A-Scotts Hill (2-4), won 32-7

2A-White House Heritage (2-4), lost 28-6

3A-Waverly (3-2), lost 21-6

3A-Stewart County (3-3), lost 34-20

It looks like HC is A LOT better than they've been the past several years. Even though they're 2-3, they've been competitive in every game.

Defence ?????????? Prolly woulnt be to bad if we knew how to tackle legs insted of around the shoulders ! It looks as if tho the days of head on tackling in practice is non existant ! JB needs to do this the rest of the year cause we sure CANT tackle !!!!!!!!

Speaking of tackles, here's the individual tackling stats for JB:

James Wakefield 85

Trent Bibee 49

Will Brown 47

Ace Evans 34

Myles Morris 32

Brandon Adkins 29

Frankie Traughber 27

Alan Lemmons 24

Sinjin Clinard 22

Jesse Hyde 19

Quincy Neblett 17

Michael Neblett 13

Cody Vaughn 11

Nathan Huffman 9

Vince Damrow 9

Kevin Adkins 8

Aaron Vinson 7

David Ash 5

John Bales 2

Jake Fletcher 1

No trouble, just playing a pretty tough schedule.....

I was looking at our stats today and noticed that we've given up just one long TD the entire year (a 42 yard run by Humboldt). In our three losses we've just let them nickle and dime us all game and can't get off the field on 3rd & 4th downs. I can't count how many times we've been in a position to get off the field and let them get the first down. I'm hoping (& think) we'll go 4-0 to end the regular season and maybe get healthy enough to make a deep run. It all starts tonight...