Has TSSAA fueled a fire?

theGURU

this just isn't right for the kids that play for PC...i don't know much about the situation...only about what i've heard and read...i know Coach Harrison i played for him in his first year and during my senior year i had him in class a few times and he's not that kind of man ROY!!...(correct me if i'm wrong Guru)...i think they play O-line and we have scored 87 points on offense in those 2 games without them...so be ready Tennessee the Vikings will have a chip on their shoulder from here on out :motorbike:

I do not know the situation with these two young men in question but am I to understand that every coach in every high school is to know the home life of every player that he has playing for him. I'd be willing to bet that is not the case everywhere. Looks to me if you live and attend school in a county, you should be eligible to play team sports with that school. Not only that, TSSAA is punishing alot of kids that had no bearing or input to this situation. Either way it is over and done with now I suppose, so just bear down Vikings and win out and you'll be just fine come playoff time.

Unfortunately yes the coach is suppose to know these things,just another thing on an underpaid overworked mans to do list. Right or wrong he is responsible for his team. I dont know anthing about this situation and not even going to pretend to but he has got to know.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/15552309/perry-county-hs-vacates-football-wins-over-ineligible-players

Here's the story from WSMV.com. Yes...the boys are from Henry County. They are very intelligent and bright young men. Good luck to them at Perry County. Hopefully, they will complete their eligibilty accurately and promptly so they can continue there high school careers!

P.S. Dear Guru...how has the TSSAA "fueled a fire"? If the transfer is not done appropriately...then it's against the state's by laws...a matter in which the Athletic Director of Perry County is "ultimately and solely" responsible for. Wanna place blame?...well..there it is! It's done that way in the other 94 counties in the Volunteer State. What "fire" are you refering to being fueled? Does this in someway make the Vikings now "more dangerous?"

Edited by QBClubPrez

These boys do not live with their uncle. They live in Lobelville and have for several months now. They were not recruited. They have relatives here. TSSAA did not have enough "evidence" to rule them ineligible, but one man having all the power in a corporation rather then a government entity can rule however he wants and there is no recourse. PantherP you have never met their uncle and probably couldn't pick him out of a crowd. Whoever the accuser is, can step forward and I'll have a few choice words with you cause all you did was hurt two good boys. Until then, you just stay in the shadows, cause one day someone will talk about who it was and maybe someone will step into that shadow with you.

Unfortunately yes the coach is suppose to know these things,just another thing on an underpaid overworked mans to do list. Right or wrong he is responsible for his team. I dont know anthing about this situation and not even going to pretend to but he has got to know.

I hate it for the kids but if the coach knew about it then you get whatever the penalties are and you go on. I do disagree with the rule of vacating wins, if you played ineligable then it should be forfeits. All I know is what I have read and aint knocking anybody but its the coaches responsibility to check on these situations before putting these kids on the field and putting in jeopardy the season of the boys that have played there their whole lives, so before I went accusing other teams I would start with the staff, because whether somebody told on you or not dont matter if you were making violations.

http://www.wsmv.com/story/15552309/perry-county-hs-vacates-football-wins-over-ineligible-players

Here's the story from WSMV.com. Yes...the boys are from Henry County. They are very intelligent and bright young men. Good luck to them at Perry County. Hopefully, they will complete their eligibilty accurately and promptly so they can continue there high school careers!

Well, for starters, that article is totally wrong. The father lives in PC, the boys live in PC, and the mother is in PC when she is not working. She does work in Henry County. This whole things is totally ridiculous.

I hate it for the kids but if the coach knew about it then you get whatever the penalties are and you go on. I do disagree with the rule of vacating wins, if you played ineligable then it should be forfeits. All I know is what I have read and aint knocking anybody but its the coaches responsibility to check on these situations before putting these kids on the field and putting in jeopardy the season of the boys that have played there their whole lives, so before I went accusing other teams I would start with the staff, because whether somebody told on you or not dont matter if you were making violations.

WC89, I met you, and you seem like a pretty nice guy. I am absolutely positive that there were no violations. As I have stated several times now, the family lives in Lobelville, very close to where I live. I'm not going to go through the facts again, if you read the rest of my posts, I have stated the facts already. The sad thing about this whole mess is that these are two very nice boys, and they are being punished when they have done nothing wrong. I'm not going to talk about it anymore, it just makes me sad.

WC89, I met you, and you seem like a pretty nice guy. I am absolutely positive that there were no violations. As I have stated several times now, the family lives in Lobelville, very close to where I live. I'm not going to go through the facts again, if you read the rest of my posts, I have stated the facts already. The sad thing about this whole mess is that these are two very nice boys, and they are being punished when they have done nothing wrong. I'm not going to talk about it anymore, it just makes me sad.

Dont get me wrong, Im not accusing anybody of anything, but its hard to believe that TSSAA investigated that long and made a ruling without some type of evidence. When a kid moves to a new school there are steps that have to be taken, all I was saying is that its the coaches place to see that the steps are followed. I dont no whether he did or didnt and either way Im still looking forward to week 10.

P.S. Dear Guru...how has the TSSAA "fueled a fire"? If the transfer is not done appropriately...then it's against the state's by laws...a matter in which the Athletic Director of Perry County is "ultimately and solely" responsible for. Wanna place blame?...well..there it is! It's done that way in the other 94 counties in the Volunteer State. What "fire" are you refering to being fueled? Does this in someway make the Vikings now "more dangerous?"

Yes im sure it will. These Vikings that are left just got the chance for a 10-0 regular season taken away from them over some BS. I would guess they will be mad and needing to take some anger out on someone.

Well, for starters, that article is totally wrong. The father lives in PC, the boys live in PC, and the mother is in PC when she is not working. She does work in Henry County. This whole things is totally ridiculous.

No..for starters...player transfer transactions are not completed over night. We have it happen here as well! It takes time, accurate documentation and if not done properly and promptly...this is the result! Again, that's why school's have Athletic directors to ensure each student athlete is in compliance with regards to drug screening, academic standards, and most importantly...is indeed eligible based on his residence! Think I'm kidding??...ask Melrose/Olive Branch how the game is played?