11a

THAjoker45

CA-Culleoka last night was an ugly, ugly game. I really thought that the Bulldogs would hang in and pull it out. The boys have played several close games in the last week or so, losing by 7 to a good Mt. Pleasant team, losing by 2 to an underachieving Hampshire team, and last night by 12 to Culleoka in an ugly, ugly game. Looks like we get Richland in the tournament, and will need to step up to play, but they are capable, and Zack Johnson is a beast.

Looks like the matchups will be Mt. Pleasant getting a bye, Santa Fe hosting Cornersville, Richland hosting CA(provided they beat CA Friday, then depending on how tiebreakers work if not), and Culleoka hosting Hampshire.

With Cornersville, how good would they have been if the Lovette?? kid had not gotten hurt. They have several good pieces, but are definately missing the big kid inside. I thought they would be better this year with what they had. Not enough to crack the top 4, but certainly good enough to be out of the cellar. Of course, I would have expected CA to have a better record too.

As far as Hampshire goes, I am with you about the coach there. He was here at CA for a little while, always stirring up stuff. Very hard to work with an be around, I always questioned his motives when I saw him around campus. I have known the administration here as long as I have been around and know how things shook out. Frankly, I didnt realize he was a teacher. Hate it for Hampshire, have friends out there, they definately got a headache with that one. CA's gain with him leaving was definately a loss for Hampshire. That is the most talented Hampshire boys team I have seen in at least 10 or 12 years, but look and sound dysfunctional. The Boshers kid can play, but looked out of his game both times I saw him.

CA-Culleoka last night was an ugly, ugly game. I really thought that the Bulldogs would hang in and pull it out. The boys have played several close games in the last week or so, losing by 7 to a good Mt. Pleasant team, losing by 2 to an underachieving Hampshire team, and last night by 12 to Culleoka in an ugly, ugly game. Looks like we get Richland in the tournament, and will need to step up to play, but they are capable, and Zack Johnson is a beast.

Looks like the matchups will be Mt. Pleasant getting a bye, Santa Fe hosting Cornersville, Richland hosting CA(provided they beat CA Friday, then depending on how tiebreakers work if not), and Culleoka hosting Hampshire.

With Cornersville, how good would they have been if the Lovette?? kid had not gotten hurt. They have several good pieces, but are definately missing the big kid inside. I thought they would be better this year with what they had. Not enough to crack the top 4, but certainly good enough to be out of the cellar. Of course, I would have expected CA to have a better record too.

As far as Hampshire goes, I am with you about the coach there. He was here at CA for a little while, always stirring up stuff. Very hard to work with an be around, I always questioned his motives when I saw him around campus. I have known the administration here as long as I have been around and know how things shook out. Frankly, I didnt realize he was a teacher. Hate it for Hampshire, have friends out there, they definately got a headache with that one. CA's gain with him leaving was definately a loss for Hampshire. That is the most talented Hampshire boys team I have seen in at least 10 or 12 years, but look and sound dysfunctional. The Boshers kid can play, but looked out of his game both times I saw him.

My 11A Tournament Predictions:

1st Round:

(1) MP (Bye)

(2) Santa Fe versus (7) Cornversville.....Santa Fe wins by 13

(3) Culleoka versus (6) Hampshire...Culleoka wins by 2

(4) Richaland versus (5) CA.....Richland wins by 6

MORE TO COME!!!

not much talk this year for ya'll like in years past when you have had 20+ pages like last year and during cully's run with coach slaton...assuming most of you agree region comes down to pc v mp with pc having the edge with the tourney at waynesboro????

Don't worry the trash talk is about to HEAT UP with TOURNAMENT TIME just around the corner...OBAMASMAMA IS BACK!!!

This district is really a toss up to me. Mt. Pleasant being the only constant all year. Santa Fe, Culleoka, Richland, CA and occasionally Hampshire all beating each other. All of these teams have alot of parody. Hampshire,has some offensive fire power but the lack of coaching and lack of defense does them in. Dont know the coach but have heard other coaches talk about comments he has made to them and he seems to be a joke. Cornersville def lacks size,upperclassmen and strength. Missing Lovett really did do them in. They were beat down early on but I have been surprised to see they have had chances to win games lately only to fall short. Nice to see the young guys not give up.

CA takes MT. Pleasant to overtime, beats Santa Fe. Nice wins but loses to no Defense Hampshire 2x's.

Richland seems to have alot going for them but cant seem to find consistency overall. I feel as though they should be the number 2 team but have not proved that thus far. Cody Jordan can play!

Santa Fe who started off league play nicely has fallen off as of late. Losing to Hampshire by 25 and narrowly escaping with a 2 pt win vs Cornersville. I hear they are having some internal problems.

Culleoka has the talent to be the number 2 team to come out of the district also. They finished strong last season. Can they repeat that with virtually the same team?

2-4 in this district tourney are up for grabs.

Do you see any upsets for this tourney?

I just moved back to the area after being away for a few years..I was just wondering when did the schools quit interviewing coaches..I recently saw Hampshire play on their homecoming because my niece was in the festivities.but when I saw who the coach was I almost left..the last time I seen him he was coaching youth girls basketball at CA on Saturdays..and wasn't doing the greatest over there..being a former assistant in the district I was just wondering when this job was posted per county policy..the worst thing about it is they lost by 40 to a christain school..and he was lost and had know idea how to help...I'm just glad I got my kids out of there when I did

Now I remember why I haven't been active on the boards in a while, and these 2 posts are pretty much why. I am all for banter back and forth between rival teams and districts, but some people should learn to keep their own personal opinions to themselves. Those two posts are no different than parents going around undermining a coach, hiding behind screennames like sneaking around behind someones back, detrimental to all involved. You disagree with something or someone, or just dont like a coach, just see how much you can stir the pot, on here, or in the stands, kinda like snakes in the grass. You would probably be the same type parents to shake a coaches hand with your right while inserting the knife with the left.

I have a son on the Hampshire boys team and take exception to the "underachieving" comment as well as the other stuff. Last night at Richland we had another player step up and play very well, Andrew Prince, who scored the first dozen or so points for Hampshire and ended up with 22 or 23, and Will Boshers scoring about 17. The boys have the talent, just have not all played to that level on the same night. I do believe, though, Bulldog Growl, that Hampshire DID, in fact, SWEEP CA, right???

I am excited that the tournament is just a little over a week away, I do think that the Hampshire boys have the capability of winning that first round game and moving on to the region, and hope they all show up and play together when the time comes

Edited by TheStuff
  • Upvote 1

This district is really a toss up to me. Mt. Pleasant being the only constant all year. Santa Fe, Culleoka, Richland, CA and occasionally Hampshire all beating each other. All of these teams have alot of parody. Hampshire,has some offensive fire power but the lack of coaching and lack of defense does them in. Dont know the coach but have heard other coaches talk about comments he has made to them and he seems to be a joke. Cornersville def lacks size,upperclassmen and strength. Missing Lovett really did do them in. They were beat down early on but I have been surprised to see they have had chances to win games lately only to fall short. Nice to see the young guys not give up.

CA takes MT. Pleasant to overtime, beats Santa Fe. Nice wins but loses to no Defense Hampshire 2x's.

Richland seems to have alot going for them but cant seem to find consistency overall. I feel as though they should be the number 2 team but have not proved that thus far. Cody Jordan can play!

Santa Fe who started off league play nicely has fallen off as of late. Losing to Hampshire by 25 and narrowly escaping with a 2 pt win vs Cornersville. I hear they are having some internal problems.

Culleoka has the talent to be the number 2 team to come out of the district also. They finished strong last season. Can they repeat that with virtually the same team?

2-4 in this district tourney are up for grabs.

Do you see any upsets for this tourney?

Wheres the Tournament being played at? I think CA, or Richland will have the better chance of knocking off Mt. Pleasant...Mt. Pleasant is known for choking in pressure situations...but i think they will win the tourney championship.

Wheres the Tournament being played at? I think CA, or Richland will have the better chance of knocking off Mt. Pleasant...Mt. Pleasant is known for choking in pressure situations...but i think they will win the tourney championship.

I just had to chime in; Richland is peaking at the right time and I think can take the district if the cards fall right. Mount Pleasant is very tough though.

I also agree with "the Stuff"; have no idea where all the negativity is coming from towards the Hampshire coach. They had almost the same team last year and were no where as competitive or prepared. The fans around here know that we are in a battle when playing them and are very proud to have won both games; before we felt like it was an automatic win.

Go Raiders !

Zack is a beast. He almost singlehandedly shutdown both Mount Pleasant posts who are supposed to be "all that". The were scared of him. They missed easy shots because of his presence. Like to get another shot at MP. They can't handle discipline and mentally tough players.

Why is Mt Pleasant struggling so bad with Summertown this season? Of any year, this should have been the one where they dominated Summertown and they have a loss and a 1 pt win....not sure if it is the style of play or is it a lack of discipline on the part of Mt Pleasant?

Terrible coaching...MtP always gets out coached by the better coaches and also because of the style of play that Summertown plays..i think PC or even Loretto can give MtP problems

Why is Mt Pleasant struggling so bad with Summertown this season? Of any year, this should have been the one where they dominated Summertown and they have a loss and a 1 pt win....not sure if it is the style of play or is it a lack of discipline on the part of Mt Pleasant?

Personally, I dont think they are really that good of a team. And surely not a top 5 state team. Looking at the records of the teams and all the hype with MTP, these games should have been blow outs. As well as the OT win against CA. If MTP runs into a set of refs that call a lot of "over the back", they will lose because half the team will foul out. They seem to have more discipline than years past, but still lack greatly in that area. I think all the hype surrounding MTP is due to a down year. Had this team been around a few years ago when the region was outstanding (Culleoka with Demario Williams, Moore Co with Tyler Jean and Summertown with Wes Long), MTP would lose by 15+ in the first round of the region. Maybe that isn't a fair comparison considering how dominant those teams were, but when you become a "top 5 team", thats the group that comes to mind. And this year's MTP team isn't even in the same sentence with those 3 teams.

That being said, MTP will most likely walk through districts unless Culleoka, Richland or CA (not sold on SF)can make a run. They might run into some trouble with PC or Loretto in region but will still probably go to substate and state. They should just be thankful that there is 0 chance of having to face Spring Hill again somewhere down the line.