Hillsboro Football

12NCS

The Tennessean's article discussing Hillsboro's enrollment is an interesting piece. Current Hillsboro Quarterback C.J. Robinson stated that as a freshman, the varsity team was so much bigger than they were. I know that the heaviest starter in 2008 was under 230 lbs . C.J. is a great kid and a good athlete who will have success this year against Stratford and Centennial. Good luck to the Burros the rest of the way this season. I am curious what others think about this article.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll refrain from giving my opinion on the content in the article itself. I will simply say that the success enjoyed during the 10 year period from 1999-2008 by HHS football was not an accident or a lucky streak. 2 time State Champions, 3 time State Runner-Up (all to Maryville), 7 semifinal round appearances, 10 winning seasons and playoff appearances. In all likelihood, it won't be duplicated by any other school in MNPS. Once again, a sincere appreciation and congratulations to ALL those people who contributed to making it possible. TRULY a special group of people that were involved and a special time for HHS. :thumb:

Edited by BurroBall

Hillsboro is in a very tough situation. Tougher region than when they were in 4A. Fewer quality players in their zone and more difficult requirements for those out of zone students to get in. Coach Moreno is a top notch man and coach. He is working to build a successful program again at Hillsboro, but it is hard to win the derby if all you have are pack mules. Best of luck to Coach Moreno and the Burros the rest of the season.

Hillsboro is in a very tough situation. Tougher region than when they were in 4A. Fewer quality players in their zone and more difficult requirements for those out of zone students to get in. Coach Moreno is a top notch man and coach. He is working to build a successful program again at Hillsboro, but it is hard to win the derby if all you have are pack mules. Best of luck to Coach Moreno and the Burros the rest of the season.

When student zones change and open school policies change,so does the students that play ball changes. If Coach Moreno had the students that Coach A or Coach B had you would see very similar results. Coach A did not have much success when he first took over as head coach,it got better with the changes mentioned and that trend continued with Coach B.. Good luck to Hillsboro. Also not pack mules but pack burros.

When student zones change and open school policies change,so does the students that play ball changes. If Coach Moreno had the students that Coach A or Coach B had you would see very similar results. Coach A did not have much success when he first took over as head coach,it got better with the changes mentioned and that trend continued with Coach B.. Good luck to Hillsboro. Also not pack mules but pack burros.

Hey runtheball, I heard you were seen roaming the halls across from the Green Hills Mall :popcorneater:

Hillsboro is a special place to me,many good memories.Mr Shrader is a very close friend,I have worked with him a couple of times.

Run I just emailed you.

As to Hillsboro, I stated a long......time ago that everything goes in cycles and many HHS supporters laughed at the comment. Welcome to the tumble cycle. Hillsboro could be back up if they go back to the district that they should be in.