Greeneville vs. Chuckey Doak

I'm calling jab too GC...Case should not have put his entire first string offense in against Greeneville reserves. Don't you think WG second string needs some experience? Case should have seen it as an opportunity to give his young kids a chance at the significant playing time against Greeneville's back-ups instead of engaging in this pizzing match. Time for my jab at Case...after leaving his starters in late in the GG game and running Boles off tackle on their last play of the game, there no way anyone will ever convince me he's not padding stats at the expense of his self-respect.

I have said on more than one occasion that Case was not smart doing that-obviously an ego thing. But I was not subbing Ballard, just making a point that he did not let Boles get a cheap TD. Murphy did same thing last night with his starters vs. Greeneville 2nd D. No timeout to get 1st D back out there. I agree that both sides should sub when the game is out of reach. I obviously used the wrong words in my post about C-D scoring on Greeneville 2nd D.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have said on more than one occasion that Case was not smart doing that-obviously an ego thing. But I was not subbing Ballard, just making a point that he did not let Boles get a cheap TD. Murphy did same thing last night with his starters vs. Greeneville 2nd D. No timeout to get 1st D back out there. I agree that both sides should sub when the game is out of reach. I obviously used the wrong words in my post about C-D scoring on Greeneville 2nd D.

I meant jabbing Ballard, not subbing--dang phones are getting too advanced for me.

I'm calling jab too GC...Case should not have put his entire first string offense in against Greeneville reserves. Don't you think WG second string needs some experience? Case should have seen it as an opportunity to give his young kids a chance at the significant playing time against Greeneville's back-ups instead of engaging in this pizzing match. Time for my jab at Case...after leaving his starters in late in the GG game and running Boles off tackle on their last play of the game, there no way anyone will ever convince me he's not padding stats at the expense of his self-respect.

Isn't this done on Monday's? If I was a coach, and I was getting the snot beat out of me going into the second half and the other team put in their second string, I would keep most of my ones in for at least one series, maybe two. Then I would go to the bench. And it seemed to be either a Boles thing or a Case thing for Ballard against West Greene. I don't think Ballard put his first defense back in while Baxley and Donahue were in the game in the second half and it seems he didn't with Big Juice in the game last night against the two's.

Isn't this done on Monday's? If I was a coach, and I was getting the snot beat out of me going into the second half and the other team put in their second string, I would keep most of my ones in for at least one series, maybe two. Then I would go to the bench. And it seemed to be either a Boles thing or a Case thing for Ballard against West Greene. I don't think Ballard put his first defense back in while Baxley and Donahue were in the game in the second half and it seems he didn't with Big Juice in the game last night against the two's.

Its simple Bud, Ballard doesn't like Case and he doesn't want a kid from the county to be Greene Co Player of the Year! Case doesn't care for Ballard either! Dalton Boles turned down Greeneville when they tried to get him 4 years ago! I'm not bashin the kids from Greeneville just the coaches. Sorry but this is true!

Can someone tell me how often Boles' backup has played more than a few snaps in relief this season? How much talent is graduating from each of the county schools? Which county school is going to come into next season with the most experience? Greeneville is losing a lot but the reserves are seeing plenty of playing time. By playing Boles late in games,Case has chosen to put his stats above the future welfare of his team. He did it against CG all the way to the final snap... and for what? Certainly not the goodwill of the CG staff.

Can someone tell me how often Boles' backup has played more than a few snaps in relief this season? How much talent is graduating from each of the county schools? Which county school is going to come into next season with the most experience? Greeneville is losing a lot but the reserves are seeing plenty of playing time. By playing Boles late in games,Case has chosen to put his stats above the future welfare of his team. He did it against CG all the way to the final snap... and for what? Certainly not the goodwill of the CG staff.

I don't have exact stats in front of me, but Starnes probably has between 600 and 700 yards on the season, or close to it. He probably averages about 10-15 carries a game., and he is a threat through the air and has plenty of recieving yards coming out of the back field. Starnes however, is a Senior too. Most county teams are losing their best talent this year. Chuckey Doak has ton of Seniors. Losing Collins at QB and Juice from the backfield will hurt them. I think Malone is just a Junior though. North Greene is Senior led too. South Greene loses their studs as well in Donahue, Baxley, Reaves and Davis. I thought they lost everything last year but they seemed to rebuild quick. West Greene loses Boles, Starnes, Lindsay, Duckett, Hinkle and most of the line. Expect them to have a down year but should rebuild rather quickly. Mosheim won East TN Championship last year and haven't lost a game this year and McDonald has only lost one game tis year to Mosheim. All County teams are losing good athletes, but I think there will be some coming back with experience and some younger ones that always seem to step up when they get their chance.

Its simple Bud, Ballard doesn't like Case and he doesn't want a kid from the county to be Greene Co Player of the Year! Case doesn't care for Ballard either! Dalton Boles turned down Greeneville when they tried to get him 4 years ago! I'm not bashin the kids from Greeneville just the coaches. Sorry but this is true!

I live within spitting distance of WGHS and have spent lots of time around that track. You would have a hard time convincing me that Greeneville was "recruiting" Boles 4 years ago. He was 5 foot nothing and and a hundred and a little bit. I really get tired of hearing how Greeneville is trying to lure every good athlete away from the county schools. It makes those of us living in the county seem ridiculous. The kid is having a great year, can't we pat him on the back, thank him for his hard work and leave it at that?

Bud south Greene didn't rebuild this year . All the players you mentioned were starters last year . Donahue was tight end but backed up qb quite often . Baxley didn't play offense last year and from what I have heard that was his choice . He would rather play defense 10-1 . Plus they returned 3 lineman . The reason everybody thought we would be terrible is because when the subject of sg came up the name shuffler was the topic . I suppose most that were not rite on top of things and knew the program well would have thought that . They didn't rebuild just jacked another shell . Next year is when the rebuilding will begin at sg . I would start petitioning for single a if I were them

Bud south Greene didn't rebuild this year . All the players you mentioned were starters last year . Donahue was tight end but backed up qb quite often . Baxley didn't play offense last year and from what I have heard that was his choice . He would rather play defense 10-1 . Plus they returned 3 lineman . The reason everybody thought we would be terrible is because when the subject of sg came up the name shuffler was the topic . I suppose most that were not rite on top of things and knew the program well would have thought that . They didn't rebuild just jacked another shell . Next year is when the rebuilding will begin at sg . I would start petitioning for single a if I were them

I'm not the only person who thought that. Go read any pre-season publication and they thought the same thing too. I will admit that I was wrong and South Greene is a much better team that I thought they would be. And it wasn't just losing Shuffler, it was losing Haney, Wilhoit and a few others as well that led me to that opinion. That was a majority if not all of their offense last year, other than Donahue, at Tight End not QB. They have had some players step up though. If you go back and look, I picked the Rebels to finish 6th in the conference. It looks like they will finish 5th, and I made my predictions before Malone got hurt for Claiborne.