Greeneville vs. Chuckey Doak

What is so hard to understand County FOLKS? We play where we are supposed to play! We were always a little stubborn and hard headed, for a very long while! That's exactly why there were no Gold Balls won before last year. Small schools can not compete against Large schools, it doesn't work. West Greene's enrollment is getting reallly close to Greeneville's, Chuckey-Doak's is even closer. Grainger and Claiborne both have more. Ask Alcoa where they are supposed to play, they don't complain about playing big schools! And not to leave South Greene out, they could probably petition to play down. They are the SECOND SMALLEST 3A team, behind who? ALCOA! Complain some more or just quit complaining, better start worrying about next week, and then the FIRST ROUND! Apparently by the look of Murphy's gameplan tonight, he was thinking ahead. Trying to run that clock as much as possible. What was the time of possession numbers? Did Greeneville have it for a whole quarter?

i believe a lil over 8 minutes and like 15 offensive plays. up by 43 at half and held doak scoreless until they scored on 2nd string. What was our Special team yardage?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that is the case, then that award is a complete waste of time.

As for the award...yeh kinda pointless to have a vote if know who gonna give it to anyway but still good for kids to be recognized.

And that guy with his video on you tube...he said he doesn't get it and boy he really doesn't get it at all. He and many others do not understand the TSAA divisons and I agree was confusion esp. first year they changed it but why go on a public rant about when obviously ignorant on the issue. I am also tired of hearing all the whining about it! Believe it or not folks but there are other sports besides football and same placement goes for all of those sports also.

Guy's you should be use to us fussing over you being here. I for one understand that enrollment is very close and maybe CD is over you guys now. not sure though. But what most fans don't understand is Greeneville played up and are used to better teams. And when they got moved down they just are light years ahead of everyone in the BRAC. I understand that and we as county teams better get used to being 2nd. That's our first. Greeneville intill something changes will go 10-0 9-1 every year intill one of us improves to the level of the devils. Which maybe someday that will happen. But as for now just sit back and take the beating and move on to next week which is our championship run.. 2 games for 2nd!! Just ignore us county folk we will always complain about you being here. we don't like getting killed everytime in football. it's hard to see. but it's life and we will fuss and complain about it. it's just how it is!

Good game GHS good luck the rest of the way!! Your speed is mind blowing just didn't realize how fast you was.

CD keep your heads up.. I believe we will beat West Greene and South Greene and finsh behind Greeneville in the brac..

Guy's you should be use to us fussing over you being here. I for one understand that enrollment is very close and maybe CD is over you guys now. not sure though. But what most fans don't understand is Greeneville played up and are used to better teams. And when they got moved down they just are light years ahead of everyone in the BRAC. I understand that and we as county teams better get used to being 2nd. That's our first. Greeneville intill something changes will go 10-0 9-1 every year intill one of us improves to the level of the devils. Which maybe someday that will happen. But as for now just sit back and take the beating and move on to next week which is our championship run.. 2 games for 2nd!! Just ignore us county folk we will always complain about you being here. we don't like getting killed everytime in football. it's hard to see. but it's life and we will fuss and complain about it. it's just how it is!

Good game GHS good luck the rest of the way!! Your speed is mind blowing just didn't realize how fast you was.

CD keep your heads up.. I believe we will beat West Greene and South Greene and finsh behind Greeneville in the brac..

WG vs CD game should be a slobber knocker...im almost upset that i wont be here to listen to it...hopefully ikq will cover it and i can listen to it from Tuscaloosa. i have a feeling that game will be alot more interesting than my VOLS vs BAMA....good luck next week..

What is so hard to understand County FOLKS? We play where we are supposed to play! We were always a little stubborn and hard headed, for a very long while! That's exactly why there were no Gold Balls won before last year. Small schools can not compete against Large schools, it doesn't work. West Greene's enrollment is getting reallly close to Greeneville's, Chuckey-Doak's is even closer. Grainger and Claiborne both have more. Ask Alcoa where they are supposed to play, they don't complain about playing big schools! And not to leave South Greene out, they could probably petition to play down. They are the SECOND SMALLEST 3A team, behind who? ALCOA! Complain some more or just quit complaining, better start worrying about next week, and then the FIRST ROUND! Apparently by the look of Murphy's gameplan tonight, he was thinking ahead. Trying to run that clock as much as possible. What was the time of possession numbers? Did Greeneville have it for a whole quarter?

First of all, I am a county folk and I have never once complained about Greeneville playing in our conference. I do think Greeneville would be better suited to play in a different conference however. They get ABSOLUTELY NO COMPETITION in the BRAC. They were up 43 points with 7 minutes to go last night versus the team they were "tied" with for the lead. I know Greeneville wanted in Elizabethon's conference, so you don't need to tell me. WG is the only team that has even been in a tie with Greeneville (7-7 and inside Greeneville's 20 with a chance to tie 14-14) at any point in a game since Greeneville joined to BRAC. Secondly, and make sure you note that a county person is saying this:IF I WERE A COACH AT GREENEVILLE, I WOULD HAVE ALSO CHOSE TO MOVE TO THE CLASSIFICATION THAT I BELONGED. There are 2 things that I think county fans have wrong: Greeneville is not playing down, but because they had played up for years, people think they decided to play down. They decided to "move down" to where they were supposed to be all along.

As for your "FIRST ROUND" comment--it was not needed. You want county fans to stop running their mouth, but you just ag it on with your sarcastic comments. Greeneville should win the state again---they have great players, great facilities (5A and 6A facilities because they had been competing at that level and have unvelievable support from community), and a great coaching staff (at least double the paid coaches that county schools are allowed). I wish them luck in their gold ball quest, but how about you quit "poking" fun at the fact that Greene County schools struggle in the playoffs.

i believe a lil over 8 minutes and like 15 offensive plays. up by 43 at half and held doak scoreless until they scored on 2nd string. What was our Special team yardage?

You mean Ballard didn't call a timeout and put 1st string back in when he saw C-D's 1st string O??? WOW!!! He would have never let Boles get that "cheap" TD.

***Before any bashing comes my way, let me say this: Ballard is a great coach and should leave his 2nd string in even if opponents 1st string O is in--it gives them good experience for next year. With the leads they have in the 2nd half versus BRAC opponents, who cares if you give up one "cheap" TD.

You mean Ballard didn't call a timeout and put 1st string back in when he saw C-D's 1st string O??? WOW!!! He would have never let Boles get that "cheap" TD.

***Before any bashing comes my way, let me say this: Ballard is a great coach and should leave his 2nd string in even if opponents 1st string O is in--it gives them good experience for next year. With the leads they have in the 2nd half versus BRAC opponents, who cares if you give up one "cheap" TD.

I totally agree. But on the same hand what about the second string for CDHS? Don't they need some experience for next year? Again, that goes both ways. But I do understand a coach wanting to make the scoreboard look respectable.

I totally agree. But on the same hand what about the second string for CDHS? Don't they need some experience for next year? Again, that goes both ways. But I do understand a coach wanting to make the scoreboard look respectable.

I agree also, but usually after a coach gets one TD with his 1st O versus opponents 2nd D, he puts in his 2nd O the next possession. Most of them just want to have a good drive ending with a TD.

Your such a hypocrite gcfball. In the post before this one you just cried foul because of a smart remark about the county school's then you turn around and take a jab at Ballard? I dont get it? Your one of those people that think they can say anything as long as they say "just kidding" after.

Your such a hypocrite gcfball. In the post before this one you just cried foul because of a smart remark about the county school's then you turn around and take a jab at Ballard? I dont get it? Your one of those people that think they can say anything as long as they say "just kidding" after.

Did you read my entire post, the part where I said that coach Ballard is a great coach. The "jab" was not even a jab, just a reference to the WG game when he called a timeout when he saw Boles in the game. Like I have said before (do a better job at reading my posts) I think Ballards actions in the WG game was because of their obvious dislike for one another. I have wished Greeneville the best of luck more than any county fan (once again, READ my posts).

Did you read my entire post, the part where I said that coach Ballard is a great coach. The "jab" was not even a jab, just a reference to the WG game when he called a timeout when he saw Boles in the game. Like I have said before (do a better job at reading my posts) I think Ballards actions in the WG game was because of their obvious dislike for one another. I have wished Greeneville the best of luck more than any county fan (once again, READ my posts).

I'm calling jab too GC...Case should not have put his entire first string offense in against Greeneville reserves. Don't you think WG second string needs some experience? Case should have seen it as an opportunity to give his young kids a chance at the significant playing time against Greeneville's back-ups instead of engaging in this pizzing match. Time for my jab at Case...after leaving his starters in late in the GG game and running Boles off tackle on their last play of the game, there no way anyone will ever convince me he's not padding stats at the expense of his self-respect.