Oakland at Smyrna

crazy_cowboy89

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big game for both teams. What do you think?

I think after watching Riverdale Blackman Thursday night that I might just come watch this game Friday night. Should be a great game with much importance to both teams. Oakland still playing for a district championship. Smyrna still playing to get in the playoffs. I believe 5 wins gets Smyrna in due to there strength of schedule but you know they would love to win all 3 to know for sure.

Really a different matchup of sorts. For the first time since 2008, it wont be 2 dominating defenses squaring off against each other. Smyrna still has that ridiculous speed and good play from the linebackers and in the middle, but I feel like Oakland could have some success on the edge running the football. Oakland has improved tremendously in the discipline area over the last few weeks, which has led to the resurgence. Also, Smyrna is no doubt one of the fastest, more athletic defenses around. That said, just as the speed can be a strength, it can also hurt you should Smyrna choose to get a little too agressive, seeing Jahaad Lyons throw the football around friday night gives me hope that we can make the Bulldogs pay if they load up the line of scrimmage all night.

As for Smyrna Offense v. Oakland Defense, Smyrna isnt deep on offense as last year ( IMO), but they still boast the threat of big playmakers at both TB and WR. I think their QB (Shelton) is just as good as Wilson from last year, but the playoffs will be the ultimate test. Oakland will no doubt give up their fair share of yards to a potent Smyrna offense, but they have done a good job most of the season of bending, but not breaking.

2 Things that stick out to me about this game: While I think Oakland matches up well with Smyrna, this a game Smyrna desperately needs to win; Oakland has locked up a playoff position, Smyrna still has work to do. The second is this game has been remarkably close ever time since 2008, should this game come down to the final moments or even overtime, you have to wonder if Oakland's combination of size/depth can wear down Smyrna?

Should be one heck of a game.........

I caution Oakland not to overlook this game because of Smyrna's current record. The Dawgs have some athletes, speed, and kids with some good hands. They are the kings in pulling out a last minute kick in the teeth. I imagine this game will be a physical one . Smyrna will want to avenge the BHS last second loss and they will be ready to fight for a playoff spot. Oakland is correcting some issues and it is paying off big time. We are flying under the radar right now and let's just take care of business and get another W in the column. Go Patriots.

After watching the Oakland/Ravenwood game (Oakland dog was great) i have to say that i am very impressed with Oakland's O and D line size, running back speed (all of them), and overall discipline of the entire team. The Patriots seem to be a different team than just a few weeks ago. Should be a great game. My Bulldogs are up against the wall and need to win all three to keep in control of thier own destiny. Look for them to be hungry and physical from beginning to end. Sould be a great game. I give the edge to the Bulldogs 23-17. Go Dawgs!!!

Edited by milo118

2P thanks for giving our Bulldogs a little credit. SHS will no doubt have to fight for their lives on Friday night. OHS is a good young team, not sure that the passing the QB did Friday night can beat the Bulldogs, Ravenwood did not have much of a secondary. They were clearly the dominent team this past Friday. Should be a barn burner on Friday night at Robert L Raikes Stadium.

I think after watching Riverdale Blackman Thursday night that I might just come watch this game Friday night. Should be a great game with much importance to both teams. Oakland still playing for a district championship. Smyrna still playing to get in the playoffs. I believe 5 wins gets Smyrna in due to there strength of schedule but you know they would love to win all 3 to know for sure.

Looking at the standings on the TSSAA website and it appears that five wins might have my Bulldogs on the outside looking in. Besides who wants to see their team slide in on a technicality. Dont get me worng if we get in that way i will be there to support the team. We need to win the next three and go into the playoffs with a three game winning streak. But for now the focus needs to be on Oakland and not the playoffs. Oakland will be a tough game. Stay focused and treat the next three games like a mini-season. Go undefeated in the next three games and then there will be nothing to talk about. Lose one of those games and we will need a lot of help. That did not work for us a couple of years ago. Go Dawgs!!!

Edited by milo118

I caution Oakland not to overlook this game because of Smyrna's current record. The Dawgs have some athletes, speed, and kids with some good hands. They are the kings in pulling out a last minute kick in the teeth. I imagine this game will be a physical one . Smyrna will want to avenge the BHS last second loss and they will be ready to fight for a playoff spot. Oakland is correcting some issues and it is paying off big time. We are flying under the radar right now and let's just take care of business and get another W in the column. Go Patriots.

after seeing both teams this year play blackman...smyrna should win this game hands down...blackman dominated oakland easily and smyrna really out played us except for the score board...smyrna was the best team the blaze have played all year...if oakland wins this one...something is bad wrong in bulldog town

after seeing both teams this year play blackman...smyrna should win this game hands down...blackman dominated oakland easily and smyrna really out played us except for the score board...smyrna was the best team the blaze have played all year...if oakland wins this one...something is bad wrong in bulldog town

With all due respect, Oakland has improved 5-fold since that game. That, and if your using the ole team x beat team y, Oakland should have been able to beat Blackman. This game has always been a backyard brawl with these 2 current coaching staffs, and I believe it will be again