Soddy Daisy Trojans @ Cleveland Blue Raiders

SoddyDaisyCajun

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Cleveland can put together 4 good quarters they could be a pretty solid team that "could" beat any team in our district. Their playcalling is very suspect and they don't adjust too quick. Discipline seems to be an issue with them, too, which reflects coaching.

The problem I hear about with Cleveland is lack of discipline by both the players and the staff.

According to what I heard Coach Slaughter tried to go back to the spread that was useless earlier in the season and got burnt again. When running the I formation they were successful.

Coach Slaughter may not like the "I" but he'd better keep running it if he wants to be competitive. Keep running that spread and the opponents are gonna be very happy.

i know this topic will be brought up before this post is over. so i want to go ahead and say while voytiks numbers do not compare to coach slaughters former quarterbacks in his spread offense, his footwork, mechanics,athleticism, and arm strength are incredible, it takes a special qb to play in the I. quick 3 step drops, 5 step reads, 7 step reads, checking down, throwing the deep out from the pocket, and all of this behind a high school o-line. and i know for a fact that coach slaughter pushes him and asks alot of him. he looks the part when it comes to all of those things. three years with coach slaughter will give a talented quarterback a great opportunity to play in college,as well as becoming a better player and person. he was fortunate to enough to have that, and he seems to be on the right track religiously. when he was a sophomore, i could see something unique in his game. i hope it continues to develop and he gives chattanooga and coach slaughter a collegiate quarterback to be proud of. nothing about him is a joke, he struggles with accuracy, or he did when we played him a few years ago, but he has all the other talents necessary when it comes to playing in college.it will be about 50 times harder for him to overthrow those guys at pitt. i wish him the best. i hope soddy is ready. while cleveland may be a "let down", i know coach slaughter and voytik will do whatever they can to win. they do what they do for more reasons than looking good on friday nights. both are headed for greater things.

Edited by qb3

i know this topic will be brought up before this post is over. so i want to go ahead and say while voytiks numbers do not compare to coach slaughters former quarterbacks in his spread offense, his footwork, mechanics,athleticism, and arm strength are incredible, it takes a special qb to play in the I. quick 3 step drops, 5 step reads, 7 step reads, checking down, throwing the deep out from the pocket, and all of this behind a high school o-line. and i know for a fact that coach slaughter pushes him and asks alot of him. he looks the part when it comes to all of those things. three years with coach slaughter will give a talented quarterback a great opportunity to play in college,as well as becoming a better player and person. he was fortunate to enough to have that, and he seems to be on the right track religiously. when he was a sophomore, i could see something unique in his game. i hope it continues to develop and he gives chattanooga and coach slaughter a collegiate quarterback to be proud of. nothing about him is a joke, he struggles with accuracy, or he did when we played him a few years ago, but he has all the other talents necessary when it comes to playing in college.it will be about 50 times harder for him to overthrow those guys at pitt. i wish him the best. i hope soddy is ready. while cleveland may be a "let down", i know coach slaughter and voytik will do whatever they can to win. they do what they do for more reasons than looking good on friday nights. both are headed for greater things.

I do want to say thank you for not getting on here and bashing a high school kid and team, which is mostly what has happened on here all year. Chad is a very good athlete but just like in other sports, one athlete can't pull the weight of a whole team, otherwise it would not be called a team. The boys and coaches have done a good job with sticking together in a season when it seems that nothing is going their way. Also, contrary to what others have said this year, I think the coaches are working hard for these boys. Aside from football they try to guide them to being the best men possible. I hope they can have a strong finish to a struggling season

I do want to say thank you for not getting on here and bashing a high school kid and team, which is mostly what has happened on here all year. Chad is a very good athlete but just like in other sports, one athlete can't pull the weight of a whole team, otherwise it would not be called a team. The boys and coaches have done a good job with sticking together in a season when it seems that nothing is going their way. Also, contrary to what others have said this year, I think the coaches are working hard for these boys. Aside from football they try to guide them to being the best men possible. I hope they can have a strong finish to a struggling season

i did not intend to make it sound as though voytik is the only reason they can win. i realize it is a team game. i was just responding to everyone who has bashed him lately on other threads. but i do strongly agree, the coaches are working hard. i know coach slaughter would not do anything less

Not really convinced that Cleveland has been "up" at all this year.

Their wins are against 0-7 Walker Valley by 7, 2-5 Chattanooga Central by 5, and an inexplicable 35 point win at Red Bank.

Honestly, they've been "down" in 6 out of 7 games. Slaughter may be a great guy, but this Cleveland team isn't very good which is inexplicable given their talent level. Not sure what it could really be if it isn't coaching.

unapproved website has them ranked #134 in the state, which is beyond unacceptable at Cleveland.

Of course they'll still make the playoff because they only have to beat Walker Valley and Rhea.

Not really convinced that Cleveland has been "up" at all this year.

Their wins are against 0-7 Walker Valley by 7, 2-5 Chattanooga Central by 5, and an inexplicable 35 point win at Red Bank.

Honestly, they've been "down" in 6 out of 7 games. Slaughter may be a great guy, but this Cleveland team isn't very good which is inexplicable given their talent level. Not sure what it could really be if it isn't coaching.

unapproved website has them ranked #134 in the state, which is beyond unacceptable at Cleveland.

Of course they'll still make the playoff because they only have to beat Walker Valley and Rhea.

Tn has some strange Playoff brackets, Like u say, beat 2 schools with bad records and get in the Playoffs, does not make much since..... :unsure:

Wow.....Soddy daisy has a chance to win out and make the playoffs and they come out flat as a pancake. No emotion, no fire no enthusiasm. That has got to be on the head man. How he can not have them ready to play is beyond me. Seems like every season we get a couple of performances like last nights. You could see that fire and emotion hit the kids in the second quarter after we scored a couple of times but they have to have it when they take the field and the coaches have to get it out of them.

As for Cleveland......wow is all I can say. I can not believe that was a EK Slaughter coached team I was watching. Very undisciplined on offense, out of sync timing wise. Sure they scored 40 points but they played on a short field all night. That in no way resembled the Saughter coached ream I watched at Soddy Daisy for a whole season and I am not talking talent, scheme, etc. I am talking organization, discipline, etc. Is it possible some coaches are just a good fit at different schools?