Lenoir City @ William Blount

tpoole12

Strongx

I wrote a long reply about 5pm. I read it, deleted it because I thought it to harsh. I'm glad the Govs won but.....I listened to the ball game and.... I FOUND A RE OCCURING PATTERN THAT I HAVE NOTICED FOR 3 YEARS.. WE DON'T NEED TO CHANGE THE COACH, WE NEED THE COACH TO CHANGE... ENOUGH ALREADY... RUNNING THE BALL TILL YOU HAVE TO THROW IT IS NOT A GOOD GAME PLAN.. IT DID WIN THIS GAME..BUT IT WILL LOSE MANY MORE THAN IT WINS....my $.02 worth

CONGRATS TO THE GOVS

tpoole12

tpoole, I agree. Coach Gregory has made a huge change in the boys work ethic. I can see how much more enthusiasm they have at games and the leadership has changed greatly from last year, so there are a lot of positive things happening to show that the Coach has got the ship headed in the right direction, But I think that he has to get off of the offensive side of the ball and get back to what he does best and that is coach defense. Maybe he will look for someone in the off season to take the offensive reins, who knows. Congrats to WB on the win tonight.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huge win for WB!! Well improved football team! This was a huge win for 5a playoffs because both teams will probably loose there last 2 games of the year both having maryville and farragut left on the schedules! This might of been the difference in getting in the playoffs for sure!! Score seemed to be a very interesting exciting game... props to WB for the win!

Strongx

I wrote a long reply about 5pm. I read it, deleted it because I thought it to harsh. I'm glad the Govs won but.....I listened to the ball game and.... I FOUND A RE OCCURING PATTERN THAT I HAVE NOTICED FOR 3 YEARS.. WE DON'T NEED TO CHANGE THE COACH, WE NEED THE COACH TO CHANGE... ENOUGH ALREADY... RUNNING THE BALL TILL YOU HAVE TO THROW IT IS NOT A GOOD GAME PLAN.. IT DID WIN THIS GAME..BUT IT WILL LOSE MANY MORE THAN IT WINS....my $.02 worth

CONGRATS TO THE GOVS

tpoole12

tpoole12,

You know far more about the wb program than I do. And according to oldrebel, most everyone knows far more football than I do. My only point is that wb needs to find a coach they believe in, and then stick with him. I don't have a clue if it is their current coach or not. I think he is a guy that I wouldn't mind my kids playing for - from my limited interaction with him. Let him grow some roots in his feeders, get some good assistants, learn both about his opponents and from his own mistakes. Pull off a couple of "shock the world" wins. It has been missed at lower alnwick for a while. I guess I could say the same about the vols too. I was ready for that change back when in knoxville. Now I ask myself, was fulmer really that bad?

Strongx

CONGRATS TO THE GOVS

tpoole12

I would love to see them throw on first down. I don't think they have thrown on first down 3 times in 3 years. Two runs then throw on 3rd down.

I would love to see them throw on first down. I don't think they have thrown on first down 3 times in 3 years. Two runs then throw on 3rd down.

I haven't seen alot of wb this year. IMO - They should throw it 40 times this Friday night and hope for the best. BUT...they better stay away from murvil's corners. I would throw it both short and long in the middle of the field - especially long. I do not think wb will be able to run the ball for 40 yards against murvil's starters.