Bradley Central at Cleveland

Preacher210

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleveland has to use freshman kicker, starter kicked off team for team violations, that and penalties plus bradley's d has them struggling, radley misses another td stovall caught the ball came down out of bounds, may have been pushed? then missed field goal. 12 to 0 bears.3:20 left in half

Edited by anotherback

This is a great opportunity for all of the boys on both teams. I hope they represent the Chattanooga area well. This is the game both teams look forward to all year. I hope our boys come our pumped up and focused to play a very strong Bradley team. Praying that both teams play injury free tonight!!

Replays from ESPNU showed Stovall was inbounds according to info from those who where watching and calling friends. Should have been a TD.

Should have kept kicking instead of going for 2 after the first miss. He's only missed a handful all year.

I agree. One of the few times I have been critical of Coach Floyd this year. We were doing well otherwise, so just kick the point after. It made us look a little desperate, and we were doing fairly well otherwise.

Copeland had a nice game, and great run. Houston showed his open field ability and I really liked the way the defense played overall. The thing about this game was the Bradley did not play spectacularly, but simply took care of business, and won. As best that I can tell, this is only the 4th time in rivalry Bradley has shut out Cleveland. 1972, 1978 and 1980, being the the other times. cleveland does have a few more instances of that. ;)

Cleveland's defense played well, didn't allow many long drives. Bradley broke 3 long gainers. Stovall should have had two catches that were called out of bounds, one for a TD, but such is life. While they allowed Bradley a few first downs they did come up with big plays to stop drives and force punts. they kept Cleveland in the game.

Cleveland's offense was pretty much the same as it has been all season. Play well a few plays then just seem to lose focus or something. There is something really off there, because I know the athletes are there, and they show flashes of it every drive, then just simply disappear.

And this is the second time Bradley has been penalized in 3 years for players hurdling other players. That rule really kills some great athletic plays. According to what I heard ESPNU said that was going in their highlight reel no matter the rule. And Newschannel9 has a perfect shot of this play and shows Goldston's feet never touched the Cleveland player. It was the perfect hurdle.

Grow up TSSAA. Launching oneself off another player is one thing but simply hurdling because of one's athletic skill...... C'mon mannnnnnnnn.

Wonder how many plays like that they cheered in college and have the refs throw flags on in HS for the same thing.

Edited by alt1958

I was glad that Bradley's defense finally played a full game. Did a little "bend but don't break", especially the 2nd half, but the key part of that was "don't break." Not the most exciting or entertaining game the "U" has ever covered, I'm sure, but the Bears satisfied me by taking care of business and making a respectable showing on the big stage.