Clay County @ Gordonsville

wolverine18

This was about as uninspired football as I've ever seen Gville play.

There's some individualism rearing it's ugly head, and it needs to get nipped in the rear and quick.

They play like this in the playoffs, they'll get smoked.

They're better than this.

They will be fine croz..hard to get up for the bad teams

They haven't got up for any team in the past month and a half.

They haven't had too. After the first 3 games of the season they have had teams who just can't match up. Gville knows they're going to win with ease and when you have high school kids with that attitude they're going into games like this not caring. When playoffs come around they'll get that sense of urgency back and be ready to make a run...

They haven't had too. After the first 3 games of the season they have had teams who just can't match up. Gville knows they're going to win with ease and when you have high school kids with that attitude they're going into games like this not caring. When playoffs come around they'll get that sense of urgency back and be ready to make a run...

I don't know if it's the lack of competition or what, but I've been seeing some things out of some players that's concerning. If they continue, they'll cost us dearly against good teams. It needs to get reined in.

Like Croz said about as uninspired, undisciplined and a couple of single individuals that i've seen play as a Gordonsville team... Added a couple things myself... There is a couple of players with certain single digit numbers who need to just shut up and play, quit running there mouths and causing the team costly penalties... Keep this up and it will be an early playoff exit for them

Like Croz said about as uninspired, undisciplined and a couple of single individuals that i've seen play as a Gordonsville team... Added a couple things myself... There is a couple of players with certain single digit numbers who need to just shut up and play, quit running there mouths and causing the team costly penalties... Keep this up and it will be an early playoff exit for them

Talking to some players tonight, they're none to happy about some individuals.

Everyone needs to realize that the team is bigger.

35-0

Clay was milking the clock and they were helped by a bunch of personal foul penalties to keep drives alive.

We only had the ball for 3 possesions in the first half.

Yeah, there were definitely some sloppy and inappropriate penalties on both sides. I think CCHS had 9 for 125 and GHS had 5 for 70. I just wish that CCHS's tightend had caught that wide open pass in the 2nd quarter. 14 to 7 woulda been nice at the half. Plus that questionable pass interference call on 4th down in the 2nd set up Gville for an easy score. Really shoulda been 7-7 at the half. Watson is too good behind that big O-line though. He coulda scored from anywhere on the field if they would have had more oppurtunities. I know Gville wasn't fired up for this one, but I thought Clay played a good first half. I sure hope the Tigers make a great postseason run. I love to see our region foes do well in the playoffs, even if my Bulldogs never make it.

Yeah, there were definitely some sloppy and inappropriate penalties on both sides. I think CCHS had 9 for 125 and GHS had 5 for 70. I just wish that CCHS's tightend had caught that wide open pass in the 2nd quarter. 14 to 7 woulda been nice at the half. Plus that questionable pass interference call on 4th down in the 2nd set up Gville for an easy score. Really shoulda been 7-7 at the half. Watson is too good behind that big O-line though. He coulda scored from anywhere on the field if they would have had more oppurtunities. I know Gville wasn't fired up for this one, but I thought Clay played a good first half. I sure hope the Tigers make a great postseason run. I love to see our region foes do well in the playoffs, even if my Bulldogs never make it.

Clay had about as good of game plan as they could've. They milked the the clock for all they could.

The TE has to catch those kind of passes, he would would've got caught, but if would've been a needed spark.

As good a gameplan that CC had, I question their coaching at times. They weren't in a hurry right before the half to try to score, It seemed they were content going in to half down 14.

And I was in the CC bleachers the first half. And the QB came off the field and said he never of the play that was called. Out of the timeout, they tried to run a reverse to the TE and ran into each other. :roflol:

I just had to question the coaching a little bit there.

One question, what has happened to Clay's athletes?

They didn't have any size, and on the sidelines, it looked like they had a jr. high team over there.

I remember some great big ole boy in the late 90's. Maybe it's their kids that are playing in jr. pro. They had a couple of decent teams this year.