Livingston visits Macon Co.

King21

Good Gosh Howdy, you may have started something now. "Rumors of Pemberton's departure to Kingston"?? You'll have them round headed ridgerunners jumping off the bridge.....if they had one. But he has been there 2 years now, about the usual amount of time a coach stays there. Last year all anyone heard was "we got a coach now" "we got Pemberton". This year, not so much. No doubt he's a very good coach, but the way this year has progressed, or better yet, regressed, the luster may have worn off this union,both sides. Who knows? I know everyone expected a better year this year. For whatever reason, it hasn't happened.

Termite, I would hate to pay a coach more than I payed my director of schools and be setting 3-6 at this point in the season. I hear much of the admin. in Macon are complaining about this use of county and QB club funds. I'm looking forward to October 28. Come up to the rock pile. This will be a good game. It could be the end of the great Pemberton era at Macon County Highschool.

Kudos to Coach P and the Staff because it was quite clear tonight that hard work has been done to revamp the defense. This wasn't just the D having a good game, which they did by the way. The boys on the Defensive side played with heart and grit, executed the game plan, and the big 0 is what they have to show for their efforts. I'll give a big shout out to the O-Line as well, a job well done making some room for Newbe, Cooky, and TD. A very impressive showing for the Tigers. The Cat QB going down certainly did not help Livingston's comeback effort, hope he is OK and ready to go next week. Again GREAT JOB Tigers. Let's do it again next week!

the whole playoff system completely bumfuzzles me...if Macon beats Westmoreland will they make the playoffs or are they out?

The whole system is a mess...It confuses me as well. Here is an example i'm talking about: Clay County and Monterey both have only 3 wins. Clay County is in the playoffs as of last week and Monterey is not yet Monterey beat Clay earlier in the season and Monterey has more district/region wins.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Recent Posts

• They’ve both gotten worse. I’ve seen enough games to know that. 
    • The only two transfers that Bearden has gotten that went on to play college football were a defensive back from Karnes, who transferred here way before the new coaching staff got here, and a running back from Carter, who went on to play at Maryville College. Both players received those offers while at Bearden, and both players got a diploma from Bearden High School. Therefore, they are Bearden kids, and you can’t do anything about that.   The transfer from Seymour didn’t win the job, what do you expect two quarterbacks to start at the same time? He played great on JV when he could stay healthy, and when he came in on varsity, he did great. The quarterback position is definitely going to be in good hands when the current starting quarterback leaves, but until then, they’re just going to be battling it out like every good quarterback competition does. The current starting quarterback has his flaws, and that is in the pass game, but what he doesn’t have flaws is running and scrambling, and if you go back and watch any game, which I’m sure you didn’t watch any, we used him very often, and when we needed a deep ball, we brought in the transfer from Seymour. The starting quarterback last year will be a senior this year, and the Seymour transfer will be a junior, so the Seymour transfer is definitely going to get his spotlight. He may even win the job this year. Football isn’t about who the newspaper thinks is the best kid. The best kid in the position will win the starting job, and I trust the coaching staff more than a newspaper or article to pick my starting QB.
    • I mean, we’ve only gotten two transfers that went on to play college football, one who went to UT Martin came his second semester junior year before the new coaching staff was here, and the other one went on to play at Maryville College, in which I don’t believe he had any interest prior to transferring.
    • An FYI: To see how an opponent has done against another opponent since 2001- go to the game by clicking on one of the teams. Click the G beside the game. For example, Milan: The info will show you the previous matchups and other info.
    • All these college signees went yo other schools for 3 years, were getting college offers then transferred to Bearden. It’s not like this staff did much to develop them.    The BBall coaches son and the Seymour transfer were some of the most talented QBs in the region, and you guys developed them into QBs who might complete one pass a game.