Another Shooting in Memphis Near HS FB Game

bellgo

That makes complete sense. Raleigh Egypt is TERRIBLE. Only time they seem to ever get points on the board is when other teams are up big and call off the dogs, putting 2nd and 3rd string in.

I went to the finish of the East/Craigmont game last night and there was plenty of Police presence - uniformed officers and the tactical unit.

Where else does a tact squad get deployed to a high school game?

The utter AUDACITY of you Folks from the Middle and East Tenn amazes me. In the city of good abode we have some fools. It is what It is. There is crime and people who own guns throughout this State. If you have to come to Memphis for a game and ACTUALLY believe you're going to get shot, just stay home... As a person who was born and bred in Memphis I'll be darned if you folks talk about my city like its a war zone. Its not! Its just a sad incident that happens when you got a city full of want to be thugs. Of all the HS Football games that have happened this year this has only been reported twice. I mean come on now. It's bad but not as bad as you people would like it to be. <_<

Your right there are shooting in knoxville, chattanooga and nashville every night.

Good luck and stay safe.

I would like for it to be nonexistant.You(not me) said "a city full of want to be thugs".My school came to Memphis to play a sectional BB game a few years ago and the police warned us to"disregard the traffic light on the corner and don't stop unless there's a car approaching",then we walked in through a metal detector.It is what it is,and it's tragic that good folks like you(I'm assuming)have to hear it from everyone else,but it's a real situation and needs to be addressed.If it makes you feel better I was as well treated once inside the school as I've ever been anywhere,not saying that the problem is school related,just that there's a problem.

--------------------------------------------------------

same here as I stated on this topic with my experiences both at bb and footall games ,however my posts were deleted for some reason by ??? ...like you a tact unit to finish East - Craigmont at a more secure site I might add ..oh well TSSAA gonna loose big $$$$$$$$$ with 100 hometeam fans in Memphis playoff games