Farragut vs William Blount

sports19

15 members have voted

1. 1. Another Upset?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cletus im not sure how the wildcards work,but if WB wins and Catholic beats Bearden that would put WB 3rd in the district, I know only top 2 are locked in(Maryville,West). If they only base it on record I believe we will be on the outside looking in, but if they look at how the district finishes then WB has a chance. If all of this does happens and WB doesnt get in and Bearden does then they will be putting the 5th place team in the district in over the 3rd..... at 5-5 I think WB would have been a lock 4-5 im not sure,you are right the Bearden game and Central game killed....

These players need something good to happen to them.10 wins 4 years no playoffs, this Senior class is a pretty special class if this does happen I would just feel terrible for everyone of them.

WB 31 FHS 21 in a mild upset....

Well, all I did was go to the TSSAA's site and look at the 6A standings through week 8. On a glance, knowing that WB hadn't moved up this week in the 1st category, which is total wins, it simply looks like too many teams to leapfrog to be realistic. But there might be some combination that gets WB in, and if so, I guess they'd be playing Maryville in the 1st round. The TSSAA website spells it out pretty clearly that once 1st and 2nd place teams are determined, where you finish in your district is irrelevant. The wildcard process looks first at total wins, then strength of schedule, quality wins, etc. It's too bad for the Governors that this is the system, because the scenario you described above might very well play out. And if WB could square off with anyone other than Maryville in the 1st round, I'd like their chances. But as I understand it, the days of earning a berth in the playoffs as a result of finishing 3rd or 4th in your district went away with the introduction of this sorry wildcard system.

If you have to go, avoid the porta johns and use the restroom at the baseball concession stand. (Is that too much information?) :thumb:

Lol , I found out about the baseball concession stand after I had already visited the Porta John .... I felt like I was visiting Starz , although Starz's Outhouse is a lot cleaner . :roflol: