Gallatin 8-1 vs Beech 6-3

GWAVE1

Kind of surprised Tandem or sportsobserver haven't weighed in on the game.

Gonna be a cold night. This is always a good rivalry game. Last 3 contests have been really good. Looks like Tremaine and Carnes will both play some.

I agree with observer. Beech has shown flashes of being a really good team, but inconsistency and mistakes have hurt them all year. They totally laid an egg at HHS, but have done some good things otherwise, particularly on offense. I believe they are a year away from being really good. Hurd and Carter will rewrite the record books at Beech over the next two years and play at the next level when they are done. Beech could make it interesting if they can play mistake free ball. Gallatin's size will probably hurt the Bucs.

Kind of surprised Tandem or sportsobserver haven't weighed in on the game.

Gonna be a cold night. This is always a good rivalry game. Last 3 contests have been really good. Looks like Tremaine and Carnes will both play some.

Gwave1...I enjoy your posts and respect your observations. So..given the last 3 games between Beech and Gallatin...do you think that the Bucs have a chance tonight against your Green Wave? Does the dampness and temperature help/hurt either?

Gwave1...I enjoy your posts and respect your observations. So..given the last 3 games between Beech and Gallatin...do you think that the Bucs have a chance tonight against your Green Wave? Does the dampness and temperature help/hurt either?

I will be perfectly honest, no. I do not think Beech wins this game. However, even though the rain is supposed to be long gone by game time, the ball being wet could cause a factor. I mean if Gallatin were to fumble the ball mutilple times and Beech held on to it, then anything can happen. Beech also is playing for more with a win they move up in the quad and Gallatin is going to be second no matter what unless Lebanon upsets Hendersonville. Gallatin however is definitely using the last 2 contests as motivation. The Beech/Gallatin contest is already a rivalry game and with the close proximity is a bragging rights game. Chances are these two teams along with Hendersonville will meet again in the quad. Crabtree in the local paper said he is concerned with Gallatin's size but I think speed will be a more important factor.

Beech, like Tandem said, is building for the future with Hurd and Carter. I think Henry Co did a good job against them but Hurd has really come on with more games under his belt. Look at his stats, Prez, he is a game changer now. I don't think Beech is anything like they were earlier in the season. Crabtree knows his personnel and adjusts his offense accordingly. I believe he is the best coach the Bucs have ever had at that school.

Gallatin is going to play both QB's which is hard to scheme for. Gallatin does have some size and especially speed at multiple positions. The boys have been pretty unselfish and are laying some killer blocks for each other. One thing that is apparent to me is that since the Mt Juliet game, the defense has really come on. Not only are they laying the wood to people but they are really doing a great job at following their reads and wrapping up. Playing a good team that can run the ball so effectively will be a good test. Go Green Wave!!

Gallatin should be 10-1 after tonight because they beat Beech and the refs.

Gallatin did not play well and still won. Beech will be tough the next couple of years but the refs made them look alot better than they were tonight. That might make some of the Buc fans mad but that is how I saw it.

I believe it was a hard fought game on both sides. Beech's defense stepped up and kept the Gallatin offense in check. As for the refs, there were many times that Gallatin should have been penalized and was not. The numerous facemasks and throwing kids out of bounds were never called and not one flag was thrown against Gallatin the entire first half. I am not so sure that it was Gallatin that played bad... I believe that Gallatin just underestimated the playmaking ability of Beech.

I believe it was a hard fought game on both sides. Beech's defense stepped up and kept the Gallatin offense in check. As for the refs, there were many times that Gallatin should have been penalized and was not. The numerous facemasks and throwing kids out of bounds were never called and not one flag was thrown against Gallatin the entire first half. I am not so sure that it was Gallatin that played bad... I believe that Gallatin just underestimated the playmaking ability of Beech.

No Gallatin did not play like they were capable and I assure that the line judge on the home side was inept!! As a Beech fan you can say what you want to but there were some terrible calls and no calls that should have been. I can almost guarantee that the officiating crew gets turned in.

Gallatin will most likely see Beech again in this quad and then I don't think it will be near as close.

Well, I wasn't that impressed! Gallatin may beat Beech if they see them again in the playoffs, and Gallatin may win out in this quad, but they cant compare to teams like Henry Co., Powell, or Columbia Central. That was made pretty clear after the Mt. Juliet slaughter, but I guess that was bad officiating too, right?

Well, Gallatin is 9-1 and rightfully so. Refs were worse than usual. Banks touchdown called back after 3 steps in the endzone. Was Guard in on his endzone catch and why in the world was the successful fake punt called back? TSSAA should review and penalize the refs.

I did talk to one Beech supporter that stated they had their best and most complete game tonight. They will be tough the next two years and may cause some havoc in the playoffs this year as they could be peaking.

As for Gallatin, lackluster performance. Didn't execute well on offense and defense didn't finish at times (5 people hit Hurd on touchdown run; Secondary missed a couple of assignments at crucial times). Must step-up for playoffs.

Lastly, only saw a little of Tremaine tonight. Hope he is doing well after the good return last week. Also, missing a starting linebacker. Hope we are healthy for round one.

Well, I wasn't that impressed! Gallatin may beat Beech if they see them again in the playoffs, and Gallatin may win out in this quad, but they cant compare to teams like Henry Co., Powell, or Columbia Central. That was made pretty clear after the Mt. Juliet slaughter, but I guess that was bad officiating too, right?

Listen, you can say what you want to I really don't care. Fact is, you lost tonight!! If we play again, you will get beat again. I do not know if we can compare to those teams either but I like our chances. Truth is after this game you really don't know either.

Edited by GWAVE1

Beech was also slaughtered by Mt. Juliet. They are a better team. I don't believe anyone else is worried of your impression. If Gallatin gets the opportunity, they can impress the other teams you mention.