Marion coach let go

Indian

I'm new to coacht. I was wondering if any of you guys would help me out. I'm new to the area but I have a nephew playing ball for the Warriors this year. First I would like to know how to put one of those flashy pictures by me name.

Now my nephew tells me he has no clue who the new hire will be, but like everyone he's heard rumors. Does anyone have any info? I bet there were fifteen gents dressed with whistles when I picked him up the other afternoon. One big bald man I was sure was an ogre, seemed to be showing them how to pump iron. Will any of those gents remain when the new coach comes or will it be one of them?

If it were me, I would hire a few fellow Irishman and run all them whistle blowers away but the good ones. Too many whistle blowers could confuse a lad, or worse make him deaf.

Thanks in advance to any help!

I know you are exaggerating the number of people you saw with whistles at our fieldhouse the other day. At most you saw two not fifteen. The other two people there did not have their whistles. Instead of fifteen it should be four at the most. The new coach who is coming may bring a few more whistles however. :thumb:

I assure that I have no ties to Marion County other than the fact that my nephew who will be a freshman this year. I did not even attend a high school in this state 12 years ago when I did graduated.

As for the assault on my intelligence I do understand that you can't fire tenured teachers to make room for a fb staff. But please tell me your not trying to sale me that all these gents were tenured teachers and assistant fb coaches?

I guess if chicken came to mind when you read my post, ignorant came to mind when I read your reply because of three reasons.

1. This is an online message board I'm a grown man if you figure me out on here I'm not gonna change my name.

2. Its chicken not chichen.

3. Your name is possum but you have a tiger for your pic?

3. Your name is possum but you have a tiger for your pic? Tobias does not know The Possum on this here board!

Did it take you that long to google all that info.. If you're an old timer, which I doubt, you remember all those years sp couldn't beat MARION... If you grew up in the 70s, 80s, or 90s you were very luck if you got a "W" against the Purple... I bet you're one who could never beat Marion so you're living vicariously through teenage boys... Atta boy, you should be proud... That goes for all of you graduates of the 70s 80s and 90s!!!

I don't know what you think was googled. SP had a tough stretch from 78 through 85 on Jasper. Half of that Jasper was AA though and gi-normous string of players. That was something KC took from Bridgeport to Jasper with him. As far as your vicarious comment, unlike you, I am a Tennessee alumnus and don't have to live vicariously through UT by naming myself after them in a screen name. I am also a Arkansas alumnus which makes a UT-Ark match-up interesting. I am an North Alabama alumnus as well. I haven't lived in SP in a long time, since I was 18 to be exact and only in TN part of that time, mostly going to North Alabama, then UT, then Arkansas then worked in California and now Florida. SP used to turn out some scholars to use a phrase Phil Beene and James Warren used to say. I happen to like high school and college football. I go over and watch North Alabama any time they play over in Valdosta whether it is every other year in the regular season or the playoffs and usually catch a game up there. I also catch a UT and Arkansas game every year.

Not so fast. McKinney got the Stevenson program on probation and they forfeited all their games in 1980 for playing a couple of 20 to 22 year old guys on the line. The beat us in triple overtime down there with some of the crookedest officials I have ever seen. Those guys were doing calls like the Boyd and FCS game only they were doing it intentionally. One of Stevenson's linemen got his back broke that game and the hospital figured out he was over 20 years old. The AHSSAA offered the late Don Grider a forfeit but Grider and the team turned the forfeit down saying they won their games on the field. Stevenson ended up on probation and playoff ban for 2 years and old practice year around McKinney went packing to somewhere else. The single wing wasn't the problem. DG was sometimes too predictable against teams he played every year. However, he opened up that Side saddle single wing a lot from 84 on. Johnny Sisco out ran Stevenson's defense twice when he was a sophomore or junior. Bridgeport was pretty good in 1978 and 79. Old KC and the Sunshine Band was coaching at Bridgeport then. Now go put Alabama back in your butt.

LMAO!!! that is funny, I have to agree Stevenson would go get guys that quit school that was sitting under the lie tree(LIKE THAT ONE BEHIND THE POOL ROOM IN SP)to play ball for them, but thats how bama get down so everybody in TN know that going in that you have to play the best the Stevenson has in school or out of school so that why McKinney said what he said and the old blacklot boys from South Pitt could not make it happen old Daddy MARION COUNTY WARRIOR HAD TO TAKE UP FOR LI SP IN THE LATE 80s. that what I was told.

Edited by rc213v

LMAO!!! that is funny, I have to agree Stevenson would go get guys that quit school that was sitting under the lie tree(LIKE THAT ONE BEHIND THE POOL ROOM IN SP)to play ball for them, but thats how bama get down so everybody in TN know that going in that you have to play the best the Stevenson has in school or out so that why McKinney said what he said and the old blacklot boys from South Pitt could not make it happen old Daddy MARION COUNTY WARRIOR HAD TO TAKE UP LI SP IN THE LATE 80s. that what I was told.

There were some good teams around that era. Even the door mats could bring the wood and if you had an off night a good team could be in trouble. The pin ball machine scoring above 40 points was rare.

Be patient guys. From what I understand the job has been offered, it is an assistant, and I would never put anyones name out there that has actually applied or interesed. Like I said, this is all heresay. It is not a guess, but what I have been told from someone in my area. I do however like the way MC is conducting their search, class act in my opinion. Maybe times are changing.

Coach Ziegler may be young but he has a great deal of leadership qualities. The level of maturity and wisdom he possesses is way beyond his years. It is more behind the scenes that he has asked for their opinions due to their experience in certain situations but the process has been impressive!