Best Arms in Triple A?

FieldGeneral

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both are good pitchers with D1 commitments from Memphis area, but neither are from AAA schools (the topic of this thread).

Distric 9AAA will have some good arms.... Haberle at Station Camp is good and Mt Juliet looks like they could have a stable of arms with Kyle Smith who commited to Vanderbilt leading the way. He tops out at 92-93...all in all they may have 3-4 D1 signees on the mound this year.

• 3 weeks later...

Distric 9AAA will have some good arms.... Haberle at Station Camp is good and Mt Juliet looks like they could have a stable of arms with Kyle Smith who commited to Vanderbilt leading the way. He tops out at 92-93...all in all they may have 3-4 D1 signees on the mound this year.

Wow, must be quite the honor for Haberle to be mentioned in the same paragraph as Smith. Plenty of good pitching in 9AAA.

• 1 month later...

I really like Lane from OR. Not sure he throws over 82 or 83 but he is a great kid. I saw a kid from Bearden this weekend that threw 88 several times on a scouts radar gun...not sure of the name. Hill from Karns fits the crafty lefty mold low 80's, good change-up.

Yes the Hill kid from Karns could be in the running for District Pitcher of the yr in 2012. He has been consistent on the mound for the beavers his last 2 yrs. He picked up 2 keys wins in the District Tournament last yr, throwing 1 hit shutout on Saturday and coming back on Monday to throw a 3 hitter. From what I've seen he keeps his pitch counts down. He dominated us last yr on the mound at AC with 12k's. We couldn't touch him. He has some nasty junk along with his FB's in the 81-83 range. If it weren't for Karns making several errors late in the game we wouldn't have been in the game. Pretty sure he is a senior this yr with several schools having him on their watch list. From D-1 to Juco as well as D-3 schools. This kid will make it to the next level. When he isn't pitching he plays outfield. He is solid with a cannon for a arm. I wouldn't run on this kid cause your asking to be thrown out. I can't believe their coach didn't nominate him for district last year. From what I've heard there coach doesn't believe in giving out post season awards. what a shame, several players in the past should have been on the list including this young man.

• 1 month later...

Henry County has a promising lefty junior in Hunter McSwain. He was used at the top of the rotation last year as a sophmore and made All-District in 10AAA. This past summer he pitched for an American Legion 19U team in Kentucky, throwing a no-hitter along the way. He has already committed to play for an Elite Showcase team this comming summer playing tourneys in Florida, Georgia, Mississippi and the Nashville area.

Seems like that deep staff got tagged with a loss in 9AAA last year.

Last year? whatever.....you mean last year when these boys that are now sr's and jr's were Jr's and soph and we still went to state?

Obvisouly your not a MJ fan, and that's fine.....but if you run into them this year, you should throw your best to have a chance.....

I'm not some kid posting MJ has the best pitching, I'm saying that they have the deepest pitching and some of the best pitching. I don't know of another school at least in the middle part of the ste that comes close.

Last year? whatever.....you mean last year when these boys that are now sr's and jr's were Jr's and soph and we still went to state?

Obvisouly your not a MJ fan, and that's fine.....but if you run into them this year, you should throw your best to have a chance.....

I'm not some kid posting MJ has the best pitching, I'm saying that they have the deepest pitching and some of the best pitching. I don't know of another school at least in the middle part of the ste that comes close.

Welcome to HS baseball... you'll see everyones #1 & 2. Nice defence on some kid posting. Don't know of many "classy" MJ parents that run smack like you.

Edited by haderade

Welcome to HS baseball... you'll see everyones #1 & 2. Nice defence on some kid posting. Don't know of many "classy" MJ parents that run smack like you.

Re-read the post, I commented that MJ had the best pitching, You came back talking smack about the team losing a game last year, a year in which they still made it to the state tourney.

Do you have a team in 9AAA?

Uh.... was this your post ? "Wow, must be quite the honor for Haberle to be mentioned in the same paragraph as Smith. Plenty of good pitching in 9AAA."

And you want to talk about smack talk......come on man if your going to to as far as to mention the kids (generally) names at least keep it postive...this post sounds a little "green" if you know what I mean.....

yo dont hear me saying things and getting personal about it.

Re-read the post, I commented that MJ had the best pitching, You came back talking smack about the team losing a game last year, a year in which they still made it to the state tourney.

Do you have a team in 9AAA?

Uh.... was this your post ? "Wow, must be quite the honor for Haberle to be mentioned in the same paragraph as Smith. Plenty of good pitching in 9AAA."

And you want to talk about smack talk......come on man if your going to to as far as to mention the kids (generally) names at least keep it postive...this post sounds a little "green" if you know what I mean.....

yo dont hear me saying things and getting personal about it.

Just a general comment about your Smith guy... quite the honor to be mentioned in with a VU signee. Could have been any kid, you named Haberle, which I looked it up on the SCHS site... it's Haeberle. Don't get your "green". Again good luck to mj, the rest of us can only wish for 2nd.

Just a general comment about your Smith guy... quite the honor to be mentioned in with a VU signee. Could have been any kid, you named Haberle, which I looked it up on the SCHS site... it's Haeberle. Don't get your "green". Again good luck to mj, the rest of us can only wish for 2nd.

I did not mention Haeberle , nails747 mentioned it, and you commetted, anyway water under the bridge.