2011 TSSAA State Soccer Pairings

95GSoccer

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are the matchups determined? I thought I read somewhere that there is a blind draw. That seems very hard to believe if you look at this year's pairings.

I have always heard it referred to as a 'semi'-blind draw.....Would seem silly and unfortunate to have two heavy hitters battle out early in the quarter finals,

I would agree with that, but having 4 privates vs 4 publics in the first round? Seems strange...

It's a conspiracy. :ph34r:

Actually, I believe that Champs is right. It is semi blind, because you can't have teams from the same section playing in the first round (CAK vs. Gatlinburg)

I have no idea (and they sure aren't saying) on how they do it.

1320240149[/url]' post='2720887']

It's a conspiracy. :ph34r:

Actually, I believe that Champs is right. It is semi blind, because you can't have teams from the same section playing in the first round (CAK vs. Gatlinburg)

I have no idea (and they sure aren't saying) on how they do it.

Also, teams from the same district cannot meet until the final, I believe.

1320245426[/url]' post='2720943']

Perhaps there should be a "final final" on Sunday pitting the winner of the D2-A vs the private school that wins the A-AA public division. Might actually find out who is the best small private school.....

This is a great idea. Canes would be in favor a final four of all "champions" to find the true state champion.

Notre Dame did play USJ early in the year, pitting state champs against each other. Perhaps such an event could be an annual per-season show.

Also, teams from the same district cannot meet until the final, I believe.

Quoted from the TSSAA handbook

"The eight winners of the sectional games shall advance to the central tournament site. The Board of Control

shall make the draw for play at the central tournament site. The draw will be made such that if two teams from

the same region qualify for the state, they will be drawn to opposite brackets."

You had 3 sets of the same region teams this year. Madison/Chester Co from Region 8, CPA/Hume-Fogg from Region 5, and ND/CCS from Region 4. That complicates things somewhat. Trust me I am no private school apologist, but it looks pretty fair to me.