Metro Coaching Carousel

OffTheRecord

I think Moreno should have never been let go. He had very little help. He knows as much football as anyone, if not more. Assistant coaches are difficult to get in metro and he had basically none.

Homer Smith will go down as an offensive genious, god rest his soul. He was a great O Coordinator and a great man. He would never have been a good Head Coach due to his personality. I think you are nieve to believe Burros former coach had little help. Granted, he does know as much football or more than most , he was unable to get enough wins to keep his job for whatever reason.

Homer Smith will go down as an offensive genious, god rest his soul. He was a great O Coordinator and a great man. He would never have been a good Head Coach due to his personality. I think you are nieve to believe Burros former coach had little help. Granted, he does know as much football or more than most , he was unable to get enough wins to keep his job for whatever reason.

Maybe I am out of the loop,so name some of the good help he had for me. As for wins,the players made the difference then not so much the coaching,and the talent has dropped,do you agree?

Maybe I am out of the loop,so name some of the good help he had for me. As for wins,the players made the difference then not so much the coaching,and the talent has dropped,do you agree?

I am not about to grade out his assistant coaches for obvious reasons. I can honestly say that Coach M is a good guy and a very good D Coordinator that put his trust where he shouln't have and it cost him multiple assistant coaches (some that wanted out and others that wanted to stay). Believe it or not but I specifically told the former Principal to hire Moreno and Clay from HL before the last hiring process began.

As far as addressing your last statement/question....i have too little information about the talent level over the last 2 years to agree or disagree with your statement.

Edited by 12NCS

I am not about to grade out his assistant coaches for obvious reasons. I can honestly say that Coach M is a good guy and a very good D Coordinator that put his trust where he shouln't have and it cost him multiple assistant coaches (some that wanted out and others that wanted to stay). Believe it or not but I specifically told the former Principal to hire Moreno and Clay from HL before the last hiring process began.

I am on the staff directory @cumberland.edu. I would enjoy talking sometime.Why does everything always have to be about Alabama. Also Homer was a head coach at 3 different schools,(Davidson, Pacific,and Army},not to shabby.I have no doubt that you suggested DM for the job. Sometimes coaches do not like the way the program is being run or don't want to work and leave.Assistants are to get on board or go somewhere else. Coach Clay did not have a problem and liked it. Edited by runtheball

The talent level has dropped for sure and made a major difference. Also, the Wilco league is much stronger overall than the Metro league. Also, did the area Hillsboro draws from change over the past few years? Lot more factors than coaching in the mix in Burro Land. :popcorneater:

Edited by Hoganknows

Doesn't Hillsboro have pretty much the same assistants they had when Blade took them to the state championship......and WON it?

If they do, then the lack of assistants does NOT fly. <_<

Blade got new coaches when Aydelott left because they all left when he did and all of Blades assistants left when he did except one and he got out after one season with Moreno. Since then Coach Moreno was not able to hire quality help in the building. Edited by runtheball

Myers (Head Coach)and Fite ( D-cooridinator) are at Springfield. Komisar has taken some time off and the QB coach followed Blade to Oakridge because he was single and could easily move. None of the 5 stayed to watch the ship sink.

Those guys you named were good coaches and did some real good coaching. Edited by runtheball

Myers (Head Coach)and Fite ( D-cooridinator) are at Springfield. Komisar has taken some time off and the QB coach followed Blade to Oakridge because he was single and could easily move. None of the 5 stayed to watch the ship sink.

Thanks, I honestly did not know if they were there or not. Having found that out, they are pretty much fubar then. :lol:

So you are saying that Moreno inherited a tough job. Based on this info he did well considering the hand he was dealt. Coaching in metro is more difficult than most think.