Dyersburg vs Covington

fsunoles1623

Not excited...maybe a little...but Phelps did nothing in the first half. D'burg in much better shape than the 3rd week and probably would give CC a run for it's money right now. That is not a negative toward CC. I think CC is one of the best teams around. Very well coached and some talented kids. My point is that Cov. back is not much better, if at all, than Phelps. If we hold him to 80 and give a 100 to another..I like our chances. That's all. We had Cov. beat and threw it away in the 4th qtr in week two. We could not compete for 4 qtrs. the first part of the season. Now a different story. I will root for my team and if we lose I will root for Cov. And I may get a little excited along the way. We like being the underdog.

I actually hope yall win. I really do. Maybe we will play again. I think yall have agreat shot. GL

Not excited...maybe a little...but Phelps did nothing in the first half. D'burg in much better shape than the 3rd week and probably would give CC a run for it's money right now. That is not a negative toward CC. I think CC is one of the best teams around. Very well coached and some talented kids. My point is that Cov. back is not much better, if at all, than Phelps. If we hold him to 80 and give a 100 to another..I like our chances. That's all. We had Cov. beat and threw it away in the 4th qtr in week two. We could not compete for 4 qtrs. the first part of the season. Now a different story. I will root for my team and if we lose I will root for Cov. And I may get a little excited along the way. We like being the underdog.

Whew... Almost got me tore up when I read your post before this one! Lol.. Way to come back with a more positive and in depth reasoning! Good post! :thumb:

I'm pulling for the Trojans hope y'all win! Good luck!

sorry chester co. thought that was obion co. coach hodum seems to have done a good job over there. you are right , if dyersburg or obion win , you will host.

how good is liberty this year.

Yes he has hopefully he can turn our program around and not just have a good season every eight years!

Prolly the fastest 4A team in the west (not including Memphis)! Speed from the line to the backfield both sides of the ball! If they play good ball wouldn't surprise me if they take quad 3!

Good news for all you dburg fans heard Covington has decided to play 4 on 11 since those Cov running backs along with the quarterback can get yards all on there own. I think it is so kind of Covington to even the playing field for dburg like that. HOW SWEET OF THEM!!!!!! Even though I'm an OC fan I hope Dburg can beat Cov because I'm tired of hearing how good those cats are bring em down to reality. And for all those clever Covington fans that will post on here "Oh OC is just scared to play us again" that is far from the truth Obion will play either one these two teams any place at anytime. WE "AIN'T" SCARED...

Good news for all you dburg fans heard Covington has decided to play 4 on 11 since those Cov running backs along with the quarterback can get yards all on there own. I think it is so kind of Covington to even the playing field for dburg like that. HOW SWEET OF THEM!!!!!! Even though I'm an OC fan I hope Dburg can beat Cov because I'm tired of hearing how good those cats are bring em down to reality. And for all those clever Covington fans that will post on here "Oh OC is just scared to play us again" that is far from the truth Obion will play either one these two teams any place at anytime. WE "AIN'T" SCARED...

I haven't seen any Charger fans say anything like that.

SaveReelfootpacking3...I've seen the stats from the game y'all had with Covington and from the looks of it their backs ran all over y'all without having what some consider the best back in the state. Obviously you hve no room to talk about coming back down to reality because reality for y'all is that the backs from Covington ran over y'all.

Sounds like all 4 of Covingtons backs will be available for Friday night instead of just 2 like in the previous matchup. That will be a huge difference in the game. If im not mistaken, I believe the last time Carlos Williams played against dyersburg, he ran for over 300 yards and 3 TDs. Cant expect that to happen this time, but any time he is on the field Covington is just a second away from scoring, and thats on offense and defense