grundy@goodpasture

gcjackets18

I hate to take away from the Grundy game so I'll make it quick-I'm sure the reply will be the same as was last year, "your players were just mad because you were blown out," but that wasn't the way it went. The excessive stuff began early in the game and continued throughout. Goodpasture seemed surprised when they actually began getting some of it back, and the fans had selective memory on here after the game.

Edited by Indian

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were warned the week leading up to this game about how dirty they were and it was constant cheap shots and late hits, also had several against Alcoa in the title game.

What year are you referring to? I would like to go back and look at the personal fowls that "Good Pasture" received. If you are referring to the 2010 season, then Sequatchie Co had 3-27 and GP had 5-43. The Championship game in 2010 vs Alcoa, Alcoa had 7-54 and GP had 5-28. Or were you talking about the 2007 Alcoa vs Goodpasture champ game where Alcoa had 5-55 and GP had 5-32?

I really don't know of these dirty games you are talking about, please give me dates and games so I can look up the stats, thanks. (and please don't reply with the refs didn't call them)

Thats a bold statement, S.Pitt has so much speed and Grundy has already played Signal MNT, who could very well have been playing Greeneville for the 4A title

Goodpasture could very well be playing in the 3a state championship as well. Goodpasture started out slow in the first 4 games starting 1-3. The loss against CPA was 21 points but was just a 1 score game at half time. Goodpasture is a much much improved team from then to now.

What year are you referring to? I would like to go back and look at the personal fowls that "Good Pasture" received. If you are referring to the 2010 season, then Sequatchie Co had 3-27 and GP had 5-43. The Championship game in 2010 vs Alcoa, Alcoa had 7-54 and GP had 5-28. Or were you talking about the 2007 Alcoa vs Goodpasture champ game where Alcoa had 5-55 and GP had 5-32?

I really don't know of these dirty games you are talking about, please give me dates and games so I can look up the stats, thanks. (and please don't reply with the refs didn't call them)

2010. Not calling penalties early in the game, when they were needed, contributed to the game nearly getting out of control.

I remember being warned before the game started by a Sequatchie fan on the sideline fence that the Sequatchie Co player with dreadlocks(#2), had a very foul mouth and he would mouth-off most of the game. Our players were told to ignore him.

Now Omniscience, still waiting on your reply about the Alcoa game. I have tapes of all the Championships and will go back and watch them. What year and quarter should I be looking for? Since you can recall the plays so well, this shouldn't take much time.

I remember being warned before the game started by a Sequatchie fan on the sideline fence that the Sequatchie Co player with dreadlocks(#2), had a very foul mouth and he would mouth-off most of the game. Our players were told to ignore him.

Now Omniscience, still waiting on your reply about the Alcoa game. I have tapes of all the Championships and will go back and watch them. What year and quarter should I be looking for? Since you can recall the plays so well, this shouldn't take much time.

Last year early on we were sitting with several Alcoa fans and told them about our game and they said that couldnt be right, it wasnt 10 minutes later they said that we were right that Goodpasture was cheap. And Indian is right the Sequatchie game about got out of control because the ref were not calling anything, the 4th quarter was the worst.