Wayne County @ Huntingdon

tricklician

Huntingdon has missed the playoff once in the last 21 years. In the last 11 years they been to state 3 times. Simi finals 97,98,99,03,04,05 sure there's more.. Quater finals well thats just to many to count. Just counting recent history.

And this group of seniors..... well haven't really done much of anything to be honest

wat does it matter bout history i really wanna no ??i played fb for 13 years an it never not even once mattered wat the team done las year more less 10 or more years ago..the only thing tht matters is when them friday night lights kick on an u hear tht whistle blow !thts jus facts right there

Oh, trust me it means something.. Why do you think Huntingdon kept Camden 3A, Westview 3A, Milan 3A, and Dyer County 5A on their schedule?? Wasn't for their health. It helps whenever it comes time to play other 1A schools across the state. You guys kinda remind me of Boise State :roflol:.. Go back at look at history, they base thing on scores, who played who, and ect. evey day on ESPN. Huntingdon will beat Wayne County by 21 points. No if and or but about it.

hey if it doesnt go well for hunt. fri night and you were to somehow lose to a wc team who obv. has no buisness on the same field as hunt. you can erect a great big statue at "PAUL WARD STADIUM" possibly just the rear end of a horse for your great and unbelivable win over MILAN,CAMDEN,DRESDEN and your #1 ranking your team has gotten this year since those two things are so important to you hunt. fans

how did this team that if so unstopable finish below .500 last year since some of you like to bring up old useless information

i have the utmost respect for the hunt. football team and have not seen them play but one time and i cant say how much if any they are better than wc so i cant honestly predict who will win because i dont know i only know who i want to win not gona look ignorant and predict a 21pt blowout of a team that i honestly have no clue about

Huntingdon has missed the playoff once in the last 21 years. In the last 11 years they been to state 3 times. Simi finals 97,98,99,03,04,05 sure there's more.. Quater finals well thats just to many to count. Just counting recent history.

And this group of seniors..... well haven't really done much of anything to be honest

ill be the first one to admit if you go and suit up players from 97,98,99,03,04,05, you would win hands down but since there not gona play its prob. a moot point

What do you expect any true Cat fan to say? Give me a break. We are not going to throw in the towell just yet. And by the way, if you do win I want you to win it all. At least that way we will know we got beat by the best!

I feel the same! I will be pulling for the winner to win state.

did they move nashville out of nashville or something, or are those numbers not as pretty to look at ?

this group of wc's sr's have compiled a 43-6 record thus far reached the qts twice, and semi's once compared to hunt. that has went 31-17 reached qts 1 time and was under .500 last year this group of wc sr's has as much probably more big game exp than THIS group of hunt. players. but i guess when compared with facts those historical numbers look better so keep focusing on them

it want make a hill of beans diff. how many games hunt. teams from 5, 10, 20, 30 yrs ago won because those players arent playing fri. night

Nice post, one of the more intelligent ones from a WC fan this week.

I left Nashville out of the mix because quite honestly that is a whole different level of football than the rest of middle TN. However, against those teams we have gone 2-4 with a state championship. David Lipscomb 2-1, Goodpasture 0-3.

The comparison over the last few years is definitely a valid argument. WC is in a better 4 yr run than is Huntingdon. Looking just at the playoffs over that same stretch WC is 4-3 and Huntingdon is 3-3. Almost identical records for the playoffs while having 12 more regular season wins. Kinda proves the point I was making earlier, WC is good during the regular season while playing mediocre teams but not so good when the competition gets tougher.

I am not trying to take anything away from WC, just stating how I see it. If WC pulls off the win, then I will congratulate them and wish them well. This is the 2nd week in a row that the team we were facing has said they were the best Huntingdon has seen all year. All I asked for from fans is some basis as to why other than an opinion.

Oh, trust me it means something.. Why do you think Huntingdon kept Camden 3A, Westview 3A, Milan 3A, and Dyer County 5A on their schedule?? Wasn't for their health. It helps whenever it comes time to play other 1A schools across the state. You guys kinda remind me of Boise State :roflol:.. Go back at look at history, they base thing on scores, who played who, and ect. evey day on ESPN. Huntingdon will beat Wayne County by 21 points. No if and or but about it.

well since yal can beat all 1a teams like its nothin an play all the classifications then maybe wc should jus forfeit an yal go on to state with yals ole mighty team an play for the 2a,3a,4a,5a teams from the west an if yal aint too tired yal can go ahead an beat the 6a team....o yeah if yal r up for it espn called an asked will yal play in the bcs if yal r up for it ?? :bored:

well since yal can beat all 1a teams like its nothin an play all the classifications then maybe wc should jus forfeit an yal go on to state with yals ole mighty team an play for the 2a,3a,4a,5a teams from the west an if yal aint too tired yal can go ahead an beat the 6a team....o yeah if yal r up for it espn called an asked will yal play in the bcs if yal r up for it ?? :bored:

its jus gettin old talkin bout the region an schedule WC has i mean it would be different if the players had something to do with the choice of who they play but they dont ...an the history is too i mean heck sorry if theses seniors grandparents wasnt all state players or never won a state title...so get over it ,its 2011 not 1920 :roflol: so go getem "2011"cats ..

Good Luck to all players I hate to see any teams senior class after the last game ... leave it on the field. It is very sad at the end especially if you haven't played your best. The winner of this game will more than likely get a shot at the championship. I am not going this week as you know my PC team was sent home last week. I was very sad to see are Sr. bunch crying and sad. I don't wish that feeling to any kid. I am pulling for WC cause Boston and Austin are my friend . I did talk to the Warbritton (the QB) after the game. He is a good kid also my son (#2 for PC Grimes) went to Vanderbilt baseball camp with him. My son said "Warbritton was his road dog all week. We went everywhere together." So I would like to wish that little feller luck too. He is not very big but got some jets.

And one more thing.. I wanna know how many of the teams y'all played this regular season are still playing this week....

Belive all 10 of Huntingdon's teams made the playoff and 5 of them are playing this week! Think that says a little :thumb:

I just looked up who was still in the playoffs that y'all played. Milan has played South Gibson (in their 4th year of football) and Westview. REAL big competition there.

After watching the Huntingdon-Perry County game online, I'm going to make a bold prediction:

Wayne County will stop Huntingdon's run offense.

Things I saw that were positive for Huntingdon:

1. They have depth and sub in players a lot.

2. Their O-Line does a really good job of pulling and getting around to their blocks.

3. Warbritton is an amazing athlete.

4. They have a very fast-paced offense, that can wear you down in the long run.

Things I saw that were negative:

1. People said that our D-Line stands up, well so does y'all's sometimes as well.

2. #15 for Huntingdon runs absolutely straight up and down. No level with his pads, and if he keeps doing that, he'll get drilled by someone.

3. All their line does is cut, cut, cut, and cut block some more. I believe if they do that all night, the D-Line will be making sure that their face is in the dirt all night.

4. They're actually really undersized. There's not a lot of big guys who play on both of their lines, and some guys don't even look 200 pounds soaking wet.