BRAC 2012

RespectTheGame

With the Devils winning at Grainger and CD getting the "W" vs West Greene last night this is what I have come up with possiable match ups for the upcoming District Tournament.

Seeding:

#1 GHS 11-0 (make up with WG)

#2 SG 8-3 (make up with Claiborne)

#3 CD 6-5 (Make up with Claiborne)

#4 GR 6-6 (done)

#5 CG 5-7 (This is estimate on their record but, think I'm right)

#6 WG 3-8 (Make up with GVL)

#7 Cl 0-10 (Make up with SG and CD)

** the only thing that could change is the 4 and 5 seeds...and that depends on CD losing to Claiborne which I don't see that happening.

Bracket:

#4Grainger VS #5Cumberland Gap - Winner gets #1 GHS

#3Chuckey Doak VS #6West Greene

#2South Greene VS #7Clairborne

Winner of 3/6 and 2/7 play and that winner will get winner of GHS and 4/5

Bearing in mind that this is the way the seedings will fall, do any of the lower seeds (CG, WG, Clai) have any chance of pulling upsets?

Well the standard answer would be no they have no chance but with the exception of Claiborne County, I would have to say that on any given day West Greene and Gap are capable of winning.I have watched most of them play this year (Claiborne I have not seen play) and if one of the high seeds has an off day, sure. They could be beaten. Even Greeneville and they have enough bats to win even when their pitching is mediocre, which is not common. They have the complete package and most likely won't be challenged in the tourney but i have seen bigger upsets, especially in baseball. I suppose we'll just have to watch and see. If Greeneville is going to score double digits every game then I don't think anyone can beat them. And they score double digits regularly.

Except against Sg .. I imagine it comes down to Sg having to beat Greeneville twice . They are a good solid baseball team but I don't see them beating the rebels four times in a row . These kids know each others game so well . Looking forward to it

Here is what has to happen... worse case scenario and that is if SG and GVL take care of their business. GVL has to win 3 and a potential max of 4 games to win the Title and SG has to win 4 and a potential max of 5 for their Title hopes... this is why we say "why we play the games" but, I don't see the Rebels taking 2 of 3 from the Devils. They may get one... (long shot) but, not two..

Not really sure the Rebels will get by CD, assuming the Rebels and CD both win their first games. One at a time. If they do, Greeneville will be difficult to win 2 of 3 against them, but on the other hand I remember hearing how no way could the Rebels handle the Devils at basketball either but guess where the trophy is? As you said, that's why you play the games. Should be interesting anyway.

Not really sure the Rebels will get by CD, assuming the Rebels and CD both win their first games. One at a time. If they do, Greeneville will be difficult to win 2 of 3 against them, but on the other hand I remember hearing how no way could the Rebels handle the Devils at basketball either but guess where the trophy is? As you said, that's why you play the games. Should be interesting anyway.

First round games on friday will be very predictable... well almost.. Grainger vs Cumberland Gap: Toss up

Chuckey Doak vs West Greene: Chuckey Doak and South Greene vs Claiborne: South Greene...

the second round is the game you mentioned... CD vs SG. This match up could be an early test for SG. Bottom line it will come down to the Devils vs Rebels..

Win or.lose we wouldn't want it any other way .

I'll second that. I just hope the Rebels don't think CD will lay down and roll over. They will be out to win. The Rebels are stronger than CD but you don't know until they play.

But coming down to Greeneville against South Greene? That's the way it should be based on how the season has gone.