BRAC 2012

RespectTheGame

I had a buddy that caught for DUI years ago . He was just a little over the limit . He said it was pathetic that they charged him . Same buddy twenty years later has yet to get behind the wheel of a car while drinking . Rules are rules whether on the street or in sports . There are consequences unfortunately . I'm curious , what does everyone think should be the consequences for cd pitching a kid over his limit ? I'm all ears

Who discovered the Violation?...SG YOUR PATHETIC! this same thing has happend to teams of ours in the past and we have moved on... Bottom line is CD beat the Rebels hands down last night!!... none of thos 7 runs came with in the violation period... Greeneville doesn't care who we play but, what a sour end to a great ball game and effort by CD Knights... bottom line, CD eKnights deserve to be playing tonight you were the better team last night... and to take a point from the "personally, I don't like to win"....and "Going to the Regional is a big thing"... Comment, then you should of beat them last night and none of this would of mattered... Its not like CD brought in some ringer... I think its pathetic if you ask me... Bottom line is SG if its ruled in your favor...YOU still have to WIN 2 and that is not going to happen... I know that a lot of the Devil ballplayers got together last night... SG just Buckle it up! is all I can say...and this goes beyond your pathetic attempt to steal one from CD...for those who were involved with the situation with our last game on Monday...you know what I mean!!! just buckle it up!!!

who discovered this ? a fellar told me that Greeneville assistant coach brought it to Sg attention. That is the rumor I heard

Edited by greenecosportsfan

Who discovered the Violation?...SG YOUR PATHETIC! this same thing has happend to teams of ours in the past and we have moved on... Bottom line is CD beat the Rebels hands down last night!!... none of thos 7 runs came with in the violation period... Greeneville doesn't care who we play but, what a sour end to a great ball game and effort by CD Knights... bottom line, CD Knights deserve to be playing tonight you were the better team last night... and to take a point from the "personally, I don't like to win"....and "Going to the Regional is a big thing"... Comment, then you should of beat them last night and none of this would of mattered... Its not like CD brought in some ringer... I think its pathetic if you ask me... Bottom line is SG if its ruled in your favor...YOU still have to WIN 2 and that is not going to happen... I know that a lot of the Devil ballplayers got together last night... SG just Buckle it up! is all I can say...and this goes beyond your pathetic attempt to steal one from CD...for those who were involved with the situation with our last game on Monday...you know what I mean!!! just buckle it up!!!

Does it really matter? The RIGHT thing was done in this situation

[quote name='greenecosportsfan' timestamp='1336586106' post='2797238'

I had a buddy that caught for DUI years ago . He was just a little over the limit . He said it was pathetic that they charged him . Same buddy twenty years later has yet to get behind the wheel of a car while drinking . Rules are rules whether on the street or in sports . There are consequences unfortunately . I'm curious , what does everyone think should be the consequences for cd pitching a kid over his limit ? I'm all ears

I think that since their season is now over and they won't be playing in the regional tournament next week is a severe consequence.

I think that since their season is now over and they won't be playing in the regional tournament next week is a severe consequence.

Not as severe as damaging a kid's arm. MLB pitchers don't pitch 10 innings over 2 days...we are hearing more and more kids having Tommy John sugery in high school and college. It's good that TSSAA sets these limits and tragic that a coach decides to risk the health of a young pitcher for a play-off win.

• Upvote 1

I understand rules are rules. I just hate it that a teams season is over after a win. His pitching didn't manufacture 7 runs. I know that if another pitcher came in for the 7th that SG may have scored 4 for the win...who knows.

I just find it ironic that it was SG turning in CD.

Not as severe as damaging a kid's arm. MLB pitchers don't pitch 10 innings over 2 days...we are hearing more and more kids having Tommy John sugery in high school and college. It's good that TSSAA sets these limits and tragic that a coach decides to risk the health of a young pitcher for a play-off win.

I agree! This happens in other sports too, when a coach decides to play a player who is injured and not ready to return yet. Win at any cost, I guess, even if it means hurting a kids future.

I agree! This happens in other sports too, when a coach decides to play a player who is injured and not ready to return yet. Win at any cost, I guess, even if it means hurting a kids future.

Coach shouldn't decide when an injured player is ready to play...his parents should.

The question was asked by devilden who discovered this .

I don't think it really matters. If the CD coach pitched this kid a complete game with no rest after pitching 4 innings the night before, he violated a rule put in place to protect the kids. Heck, If I had that information I would have reported it. It was the right thing to do.

Just found out TSSAA declared South Greene the winner and will play Greeneville today at 4:30.

Being reported(and talked about quite a bit) that CDHS was disqualified, but SGHS lost, so there will be no runner-up representation from this district. Apparently since the SGHS coach didn't catch it, and protest it, before the end of the game, they were tagged with the loss.

Tri-Cities sports monster radio has talked about this all morning.