Oak Ridge @ McMinn County

tnchad1980

50 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

I have watched the ground shot taken just a few feet away from the helmet play to which you refer. Elliott was wearing his padded cast and can't grab with his right hand. He extended the cast arm towards the Cherokee player and the padded part was pressed up against his helmet and as he raised his left hand it just popped off. If that play is the only play that you point to as Oak Ridge playing cheap. I am sorry to say, You are wrong in this case. He looked as shocked as anyone in the stadium as he looked down at the helmet in his hand He then dropped it where he stood. I will send you the film if you like. I have been watching high School football for over 40 years and I have never seen a team celebrate a late hit on the closing play of a game like they did. To allow the players #51 and I believe #55 to keep playing forms my opinion on the coaching staff. I believe they were the dirtiest team we have ever played and a few select players seem to be proud of it.

Your right, this was the most disgraceful high school football team I have ever seen. This takes poor sportsmanship to a whole new level. How can any man (or should I say boy) claim to be a coach and let his players continue play like that? They give rednecks a bad name, and they were a disgrace. Have fun reading about the playoffs in the newspaper, that is, if they know how to read.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right, this was the most disgraceful high school football team I have ever seen. This takes poor sportsmanship to a whole new level. How can any man (or should I say boy) claim to be a coach and let his players continue play like that? They give rednecks a bad name, and they were a disgrace. Have fun reading about the playoffs in the newspaper, that is, if they know how to read.

You have so much class!!! To get on here and talked down to the kids (which I hope you are also, I should never hope an adult would do this!!!). I agree McMinn did some things they shouldn't have, but from where I was sitting, there was a lot of Oak Ridge calls that were not made also. There were a lot of chop blocks and none of them were called. #23 of Oak Ridge kept trying to fight one our players for 3 plays in a row. I agree a lot was going on, but it would have been such a different story if the "terrible" refs had done their job. I have never seen such lousy calling!!!! Of course they are from the Chattanooga region and that explains alot. Does anyone know why they are so much worse than the other refs? This has gone on for years and nothing is ever done about it.