Smyrna @ Franklin

milo118

Back and Forth Back and Forth, this could go on all week. Smyrna has so much more fight left in them, FHS fans don't realize what the Bulldogs have fought thru this season.

4 Overtime games out of 10. 2-2 record out of that. And 4 losses by a total of 13 points. With EVERYONE writing them off. You can bet it will be a Hard hitting affair.

The only ranking of any kind this season was before Week 0, and its been uphill every since.

Smyrna will be well prepared, and hopefully hyped more than last week against Siegel.

Back and Forth Back and Forth, this could go on all week. Smyrna has so much more fight left in them, FHS fans don't realize what the Bulldogs have fought thru this season.

4 Overtime games out of 10. 2-2 record out of that. And 4 losses by a total of 13 points. With EVERYONE writing them off. You can bet it will be a Hard hitting affair.

The only ranking of any kind this season was before Week 0, and its been uphill every since.

Smyrna will be well prepared, and hopefully hyped more than last week against Siegel.

Well said. The final AP poll has Smyrna at #9. They have done some good things as of late and are a totally different team. Starting to peak at the right time.

My guess is the Bulldogs "pony up" and run all over the Rebs this week. I know it's been said but "this just isn't the same Smyrna team they faced earlier". IT"S PAYBACK TIME! :mrgreen:

and you guys want to say we doin all the smack talkin. You better pony up if ya think ya goin run all over Big JOE and our D LINE. The PAYBACK is from the rebels we lost the first time. If our qb grows some nads and throws the ball we will get payback :thumb:

He is also convieniently forgetting what R'dale did to them in the 2004 Championship game. You scored ONCE in the last 2 minutes against our third string!

Yes, Rutherford County knows what it is like to actually WIN Championship games.

Lets see, Oakland 3 gold balls. Smyrna 2 gold balls and a silver. Riverdale 4 gold and I honestly do not know how many silver balls between Oakland and us.

Now lets count how many Williamson County has........one Gold I think and a couple of silver ones!

How in the world does this game have anything to do with Franklin/Riverdale in '04? There wasnt a team in the state (possibly the southeast) who was going to beat Riverdale in '04.

Neither of these two teams have won squat with the players that are on the field so Rutherford Co can take previous gold balls and shove em...

If both teams come out and play their game and if Franklin can keep their heads out of their butts and quit it with all of the penalties I think the Rebels will pull it out. If not, Smyrna runs away with it...

Edited by ftballkicker

Neither of these two teams have won squat with the players that are on the field so Rutherford Co can take previous gold balls and shove em...

Keep Talking Big Man, we need some bulletin board material.

But I think you might be mistaken, the Junior and Seniors on this Smyrna team played for the Gold Ball last year, had to bring home the silver. They may not have won squat but they got close to squat. And as far as shoving the Gold and/or Silver Balls, that might LEAVE A MARK!

Keep Talking Big Man, we need some bulletin board material.

But I think you might be mistaken, the Junior and Seniors on this Smyrna team played for the Gold Ball last year, had to bring home the silver. They may not have won squat but they got close to squat. And as far as shoving the Gold and/or Silver Balls, that might LEAVE A MARK!

If me saying that Rutherford Co. can take past years gold balls and shove em gives you "bulletin board material" so be it. Previous years championships has no meaning for the outcome of this game.

If me saying that Rutherford Co. can take past years gold balls and shove em gives you "bulletin board material" so be it. Previous years championships has no meaning for the outcome of this game.

So in your opinion experience has nothing to do with playing well and winning? I am really confused now. In my opinion tradition and experience tends to help continue the winning process.

Do you have some chip on your shoulder about living in Williamson County and not Rutherford where there are at least 8 State Championships and thats just in football.

SO BE IT THEN!!!!!

and you guys want to say we doin all the smack talkin. You better pony up if ya think ya goin run all over Big JOE and our D LINE. The PAYBACK is from the rebels we lost the first time. If our qb grows some nads and throws the ball we will get payback :thumb:

You seriously just said "If our qb grows some nads"? Man, you guys are in trouble.

You seriously just said "If our qb grows some nads"? Man, you guys are in trouble.

I was thinking the same thing IronGut but I am still trying to figure out the other part of this where we have to shove the gold balls.

The FHS qb passed the ball pretty well when Smyrna played them the first game I thought. they just couldn't stop the fumbles.