Smyrna @ Franklin

milo118

Were you at the game? I just looked the stats up online, and #66 for Franklin (the player you are referring to I assume) had 8 tackles, 1.5 sacks, and 2 forced fumbles. To say Smyrna had few problems with him is just a false statement. And while the one long run by #2 was very impressive, he was not able to do much the rest of the night against the Rebels defense (hence the reason Smyrna only had 7 points on the board through 4 quarters). Let's not also forget that Franklin held the Bulldogs to their lowest offensive point total in regulation all season(yes, less than all the mighty Rutherford County schools). You still want to support your statement that the Bulldogs did not have trouble with any of the Rebel defenders? Stats don't lie. Should be another great game, unfortunately I won't be able to attend. I wish both teams the best of luck and no injuries.

Nice screen name and welcome to the T.

#66 is a very good player. I can assure you that our coaches know who he is and that we have to block him on every play. One of our offensive coaches thinks that #66 might be the best player on your team. He destroys the offensive scheme sometimes.

Your correct the stats don't lie. Bulldogs had over 200 yards on the ground that night. Sounds like a pretty decent night as a team. At the time we were averaging about 130 yards a game unlike now where we are averaging nearly 200. Now i will give you credit you guys did limit our passing game. So by the stats your #66 did have a solid night but so did the Smyrna running game. So it looks like a wash. Here is what we can tell about that game. Niehter team could hold on to the ball. Franklin could pass it but couldn't run it. Smyrna could run it but could not pass it. Both teams played to thier strengths and the Bulldogs came out on top.

Good post milo. I think we have to work for that 200 again and hopefully get a little more in the passing game too. If that works then watch out. PONY UP

Gosh this forum is making me puke.

#1 - football kicker - get a life. No one cares about what you did in 2004, or what you claimed to have done and had your daddy pad your stats. It's tough to claim to be the best kicker in the state that year when you were the 2nd best kicker on that team. How was that college career? Oh wait, you couldn't cut it. As for "that other kicker" I seem to remember a much more successful career at MTSU, so you quiet now.

You are correct in what i did 7 years ago means jack. that was the point of my post... what smyrna and rutherford county teams has done in the past playoffs means jack as well....

when did i say anything about being the best kicker in the state that year? if you want to go down that road ill be more than happy to throw out my awards and accolades... and id hate to burst your bubble but daddy didnt keep my stats.

as for my kicking at UT. no shame there and nothing to hide from. as for the other kicker that year he went on to have a great college career, punting...

Edited by ftballkicker

Gosh this forum is making me puke.

#1 - football kicker - get a life. No one cares about what you did in 2004, or what you claimed to have done and had your daddy pad your stats. It's tough to claim to be the best kicker in the state that year when you were the 2nd best kicker on that team. How was that college career? Oh wait, you couldn't cut it. As for "that other kicker" I seem to remember a much more successful career at MTSU, so you quiet now.

:oops:

#2 - Whoever rebel0471 is, you need to worry about practice and stay off of Coach T. It's obvious that you're on the team, and this needs to be the last thing that anyone from Franklin's team is worrying about.,

#3 - The difference in all of the turnover from the first game is simply this right here....Franklin committed most of their own turnovers (fumbles, muffed punt, etc) However the difference in Smyrna's turnover is that Franklin D FORCED them. There is a major difference there, something that most don't realize especially if they weren't at the first game.

Bottom line, that was week 5, this is playoffs round 1. Neither team is the same to this point. I thought that Williamson County were the vaunted ones, but Rutherford County is rather full of themselves.

How about everyone quit talking about the last game and move on to the current one since both teams are now 0-0 at this point? Smyrna did make a deep run at the playoffs last year, congrats, but give Franklin some credit where it's due. Franklin just recorded it's 100th win in the last 10 years, so I'd say that they've had some successes in recent years as well.

Seeing how the second game has not played yet, the first game is all that we have to gon on. If thinking your team is going to win is being full of yourself then the majority of posters on this thread are guilty as charged. Myself included. What do you expect for any fan to do? Get on here and say that thier team is going to get beat? Not going to happen. Also if we aren't going to talk about past games then you shouldn't have mentioned the previous 100 wins by Franklin. So many on here seem to think past win history doesn't mean anything. Then those wins mean nothing correct?

Edited by milo118

Seeing how the second game has not played yet, the first game is all that we have to gon on. If thinking your team is going to win is being full of yourself then the majority of posters on this thread are guilty as charged. Myself included. What do you expect for any fan to do? Get on here and say that thier team is going to get beat? Not going to happen. Also if we aren't going to talk about past games then you shouldn't have mentioned the previous 100 wins by Franklin. So many on here seem to think past win history doesn't mean anything. Then those wins mean nothing correct?

Both teams have had about the same amount of success in the playoffs in recent years. Both teams have both had a high degree of success overall in the last few years. Both school have had good years so far with close losses to strong teams. And both teams played a great back and forth game earlier this year, at the same location, that was not decided until 4th and goal in double overtime. All of that to say: this game is a toss-up.

Both teams have had about the same amount of success in the playoffs in recent years. Both teams have both had a high degree of success overall in the last few years. Both school have had good years so far with close losses to strong teams. And both teams played a great back and forth game earlier this year, at the same location, that was not decided until 4th and goal in double overtime. All of that to say: this game is a toss-up.

Somebody really doesnt know their high school football.

Somebody really doesnt know their high school football.

Remember IronGut that they have already said that the Gold/Silver Balls mean nothing. The only thing any rebel has talked about concerning balls is a reference to "nads" :roflol:

The Dawgs will be ready. Watch the turnovers and the penalties and we should be alright. Looking for a good game.

I wonder how the Franklin field will be after all this rain goes through?

I wonder how the Franklin field will be after all this rain goes through?

Been a while since i played on the Franklin field but if they have kept it in at least the same shape it was then it should drain well. I think it was mentioned before that the field is still elevated a little so there shouldnt be too much of a problem.

#66 is a very good player. I can assure you that our coaches know who he is and that we have to block him on every play. One of our offensive coaches thinks that #66 might be the best player on your team. He destroys the offensive scheme sometimes.

He is on the D that for sure!

Cant wait til tomorrow night It will be hyped and both teams will be hittin hard. I look for the Rebels to start better this time and do it for 4 quarters.

FHS 24

SHS 10