Notre Dame vs. Madison

volahol

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where the heck is that coming from? CC is right, standard formation they have been using, and the shot count was ND 10, CPA 2 ?

D

At the end of the day we had our chances and plenty of them....possibly on a silver platter....just was not our day...so proud of the LADAY IRISH....lets go at it in 2012

1320506892[/url]' post='2725149']

It is probably coming from the fact that a 4-5-1 is a defensive-minded formation. Many teams go to that formation late in games to preserve a lead.

The 4-5-1 has been used by attacking teams for years including Brazil in the last world cup. It allows for a team to take advantage of the speed on the outside, or a build up attack if the striker can hold the ball. ND has both of these virtues. The coach can hide his tactics by appearing to be in 4-3-3 as well. Bottom line though, ND was attacking far more than CPA. A person is only showing soccer ignorance if they watched the game and made such a statement. Making such a statement without seeing the game is beyond ignorant. It is just plain stupid.

• 10 months later...

Booger- You are killing me with your bouncing around, and with the stupid clock on the forum messed up, I almost missed this updated post.....I am sure your daughter can answer this question by the way....cool.png

D

I am obviously not the only one bouncing and the clock has added a new twist to the forums.......Yeah....things will have to change since I was given up.....nothing private and safe anymore......operating out in the open changes everything

I am obviously not the only one bouncing and the clock has added a new twist to the forums.......Yeah....things will have to change since I was given up.....nothing private and safe anymore......operating out in the open changes everything

...and you are???...I have short term memory loss issues....continue posting.....

As they say, honesty is the best policy. And remember whom you represent. Go Irish!