District 4-AAA

LCityplayer

Farragut Lady Admirals stage an upset. Not bad when Campbell Co., Sevier Co., Bearden, William Blount, and Catholic are all mentioned as Prepxtra District 4 AAA teams and FHS is left out.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2011/nov/26/farragut-wins-thanksgiving-classic-39-37/

Keep proving them wrong.

Edited by knoxbball88

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farragut Lady Admirals stage an upset. Not bad when Campbell Co., Sevier Co., Bearden, William Blount, and Catholic are all mentioned as Prepxtra District 4 AAA teams and FHS is left out.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2011/nov/26/farragut-wins-thanksgiving-classic-39-37/

Keep proving them wrong.

Very good point, "this is why we play the games"

Good; Farragut you have just moved up the list.

This brings up a good point I believe there are other teams that were over looked

• 2 weeks later...

Lady Irish make some big shots in the 4th quarter to win on the road at Heritage 44-35.

Surprised to hear Catholic won this game, but I do not see them advancing far in the district due to so many injured players. I read in the paper Claire Conaty and Hope Hopson are out on injury and heard one more girl was injured in the Heritage game. Does anybody know who was injured in the Heritage game? How long is the Hopson twin out? Hopson returning on the court with her twin Hannah might cause a shake up strong defensive players for freshman. When does the Conaty girl return? I predict Farragut cleans house in this district this year.

Had a chance to see the Lady Irish play against Maryville tonight. Despite a shallow bench the Lady Irish looked great against Maryville with more than a 15 point lead in the first half at times. Mccoulough was scoring, as was Williams, Holland, and Connoty. After Kat Holand made some "all net" 3 pointers the Connoty twin quit looking for the open man. No more playing like a team as they did when they led in the first half. Air balls prevailed and the open 3 point shooter ignored. The Catholic coach lost a coaching war by not demanding team play and/or having few to no plays executed for his best outside shooter. I was left scratching my head when he benched the upperclassman (holland I think) in the 4th quarter who had been hot and I think 100% at the line. She appears to be a great team player, ball handler, 3 point shooter and good at defense and was replaced with a less experienced girl, allowing the Irish to return to the "I" team mentality which I've heard has commonly contributed to their losses in previous years. As team play disolved so did the Irish lead until they were trailing. There is obviously a lot of talent on that team, Hopson twins, another hannah who is a good 3 pointer shooter who with time will be on par with some of the upperclassmen. Catholic was amazing when they played as a team in the first half especially considering the injuries posted in a previous thread. However, fortunately for us the Lady Irish are not coached to play as a team. The "I" attitude upheld by the coaches, and lack of plays for outside shots, and not utilizing their more experienced players when the game got tight ensured their demise tonight and I predict many, many more. Therefore the rest of us won’t have to worry much about them as a real threat.

Edited by coolcoach

Had a chance to see the Lady Irish play against Maryville tonight. Despite a shallow bench the Lady Irish looked great against Maryville with more than a 15 point lead in the first half at times. Mccoulough was scoring, as was Williams, Holland, and Connoty. After Kat Holand made some "all net" 3 pointers the Connoty twin quit looking for the open man. No more playing like a team as they did when they led in the first half. Air balls prevailed and the open 3 point shooter ignored. The Catholic coach lost a coaching war by not demanding team play and/or having few to no plays executed for his best outside shooter. I was left scratching my head when he benched the upperclassman (holland I think) in the 4th quarter who had been hot and I think 100% at the line. She appears to be a great team player, ball handler, 3 point shooter and good at defense and was replaced with a less experienced girl, allowing the Irish to return to the "I" team mentality which I've heard has commonly contributed to their losses in previous years. As team play disolved so did the Irish lead until they were trailing. There is obviously a lot of talent on that team, Hopson twins, another hannah who is a good 3 pointer shooter who with time will be on par with some of the upperclassmen. Catholic was amazing when they played as a team in the first half especially considering the injuries posted in a previous thread. However, fortunately for us the Lady Irish are not coached to play as a team. The "I" attitude upheld by the coaches, and lack of plays for outside shots, and not utilizing their more experienced players when the game got tight ensured their demise tonight and I predict many, many more. Therefore the rest of us won’t have to worry much about them as a real threat.

WOW. You certainly saw that game from a different perspective than I did. Lady Irish played about as well as they possibly could have the first half. That being said, much of the lead was built with Maples on the bench. I think they pretty much spent all they had building that lead. I think you are way off base about several points. Holland hit 2 wide open threes in the first half to help build that lead but had several crucial TOs in the second half and also gave up 3 straight threes when Maryville made their late run. You've only seen one of the Hopson twins so I'm glad you can determine the other is so talented. How exactly have you come to the conclusion that the other Hannah is a good 3 point shooter? She's quick and aggressive on the offensive end but I wouldn't label her a good three point shooter based on my observations. I've seen every game and don't recall her hitting many threes. Part of the problem is they really are missing the other Conaty twin for ball handling purposes.Also not having Erin Kenny takes away your leading scorer and changes the post rotations. The Lady Irish are much improved with 3 new players assuming big roles. If the other Hopson twin is as good as you say maybe 4 newcomers will impact the games soon. Who do you think the best three point shooter is? I think the answer would surprise you. The lead didn't dissolve on the offensive end. It dissolved when Maryville started hitting threes when the Lady Irish were worried about stopping Maples. I think they made the right choice in who they were trying to stop but I give The Lady Rebs credit for knocking down those clutch shots. Let's revisit this conversation in Feb.

Edited by IrishBBall

Farragut still leads the district and will be most likely take it all.

Kenny out hurts Catholic agreed she is a good shooter I've seen her play. Conaty twins good ball handlers, quick, agressive, assertive, but they can't see the floor. I've seen both Hopson twins play in AAU they both can hold their own particularly defensively. If the Lady Irish did have their entire team well and healed they could possibly be a contender but for now they tire out because not alot of rotation options. Two biggest post girls on the team are the weakest post I've ever seen. How does anybody ever know who scores what since you never see Lady Irish stats in the paper most of the time.

Edited by ladyadmirals

Kenny out hurts Catholic agreed she is a good shooter I've seen her play. Conaty twins good ball handlers, quick, agressive, assertive, but they can't see the floor. I've seen both Hopson twins play in AAU they both can hold their own particularly defensively. If the Lady Irish did have their entire team well and healed they could possibly be a contender but for now they tire out because not alot of rotation options. Two biggest post girls on the team are the weakest post I've ever seen. How does anybody ever know who scores what since you never see Lady Irish stats in the paper most of the time.

Agree with your assessment but you may be the first person I've ever heard describe the Conaty twins as quick. Keep in mind the two biggest posts are freshmen. Catholic normally calls the games in when they are the home team. We can't control it when we are away and assume the game has been called in. The Lady Irish are improved and should be better come tourney time when it counts.

Farragut leads the district? They lost to William Blount last night. Wouldn't a team with no district loss, lead the district?

I have seen several of the girls that are currently on the Catholic team play AAU for years and for the first time I thought they had a good chance at being competitive. That being said, I was surprised with all their injuries how well they DID PLAY against Maryville in the first half. And by the way, Maples started and did play during the first half. I have seen the other Hannah knock down some three pointers, I believe with the Lady Shamrocks. I have also seen the Hopson twins play AAU and know they should both be an asset. I watched Kat Holland in AAU and know she is a great ball handler with good vision on the court who distributes the ball well and I was surprised she was not at PG. In years past when I saw the Lady Irish play, rarely did they play like a team as they did in the first half against Maryville. It was disappointing to see them revert to the same old team of years past in the second half after showing what they are capable of. I have no idea who the best 3-point shooter is but from what I saw it didn’t matter. I didn’t see many plays designed for outside shooting and in the second half the PG showed no court vision and the team play dissolved and was replaced by wild shooting and selfish play. Several players were plagued by TO's and many of the players made bad passes resulting in TO's, especially the younger players. I read in the OakRidger how Holland came through in the clutch scoring several points at the Oak Ridge game to bring the Irish from behind to a win in the last few minutes. I was surprised that such a competitive upperclassman would be benched during the fourth quarter. Personally, I think the Irish coach was out-coached. It will be interesting to see how the team is coached and how they play when Kinney returns and Hopson heals. I agree that the loss of Kinney, if she is the high scorer could make a great difference when she returns...that is if they play as a team, which I am waiting to be convinced that they can do for an entire game. Look forward to revisiting the conversation in Feb.

Farragut leads the district? They lost to William Blount last night. Wouldn't a team with no district loss, lead the district?

Edited by coolcoach

Brittany Scott is one of those freshman post players that I'm assuming ladyadmiral is talking about. She is "weak", she is still recovering from her second ACL knee surgery in three years. She tore her ACL in 6th grade and then retore the same ACL in the middle school tournament last February as an 8th grader. She missed all summer camp and fall conditioning. She wasn't released by her doctor till October 31 to play, so, yes she has a lot of catching up to do. With that much time away from the game she's going to be inconsistent with her play. In middle school she scored when she wanted too and then was injured again. Now she's trying adjusting to the speed and physical play of a varsity game basically on the fly. Against Oak Ridge she was really weak, 8 rebounds and 4 blocks, scored a clutch layup late in the game for the Irish and hit two free-throws in that game that gave them the lead for good. She also blocked the Maples girl's shot a couple of times. She played really well against Heritage. However she did struggle against Anderson County and CAK. To top it off, Coach Ball just found out yesterday that she's been playing with a stress fracture in her foot (the same leg she had the surgery's on), so she's out 2-3 weeks. Once she recovers from her injuries and overcomes the mental part of her past injuries she will be fine.