Greenbrier/Cheatham

OLEGUY

Posted by OLEGUY:

What about it any predictions ;)

[Edited by OLEGUY on 10-15-02 5:51P]

Hard to say since I've not seen Cheatham, but since this will be Greenbrier's Homecoming game and coming off a their first region loss, I'm sure the Bobcats will be pumped and looking for a win. Greenbrier is a good, hardhitting team...I wish them the best!

May both teams play injury-free!

This will be an important game for Greenbrier, along with the last two region games against Central and Giles. The main focus of these last three games is for the Bobcats to finish second in the region and earn a playoff game at home. A task that has never been accomplished at Greenbrier. They will need to take one game at a time....starting with Cheatham County. I have not seen Cheatham play either, but they have a 4-3 record and have beaten Central and Giles County. They seem to be much improved over last year and Greenbrier must not overlook them.

It would seem that you would then look at the head-to-head. Marshall would take Greenbier and Greenbrier would take Page. Anyone else see it differently?

Posted by cneagles:

coachhard if Page beats Marshall then there is a three way tie at the top of the region. How will the 1st seed be determined?

One down.....Two to go. Congratulations Bobcats. Even though I think Cheatham is a good football team and much improved over last year, the score could have been much worse. Greenbrier had a total of 12 penalties, including a holding call on a TD run by QB Herndon. There were several times when we were in scoring position and shot ourselves in the foot with a penalty. We ran the ball well all night. Williams had 87 yards and Birdwell 112 yards....but came up short when it was time to score. I thought the defense played a solid game with Dickerson leading the way once again. Williams and Aldridge both had nice interceptions, one for a TD and another for a long return. We had several sacks and seemed to be in their backfield all night.

We are proud of this football team. Let's win out and hopefully get another shot at Marshall County.

Good luck against Giles County Friday. :(