Rhea County

EagleLegend1

Indeed I am :D

Well, Bleedingblue, the jig is up for both of us, I guess. Reckon they'll let us hang around if we don't start swapping recipes on here or talking about shoes and purses?

Back to topic: most of the team saw the incident where the coach picked up a player and slammed him into the ground during practice. I understand the young man's grandmother was at the high school the very next day. And it seemed to me the young man finally saw some playing time following that incident. That is a little coincidental to me.

The administration knew it happened and I believe even made the statement (or hinted) that the coach would be terminated the week after the incident since the very next night was homecoming. At least, that was the rumor circulated among the faculty. Funny that it didn't happen. I knew when I heard that speculation that it wouldn't.

Ponder this for a minute: if these rumors and stories aren't true and he really isn't that bad of a guy, why hasn't one single player posted in his defense? They read these boards. We could all be wrong in our personal assessments - we haven't put on pads and a helmet and practiced with him and played for him. But the boys who have, well, they haven't defended him once. I think if we were way off base, we would have been called on it by now.

That speaks volumes to me.

The Rhea County administration let school board politics and know-nothing families back them into a corner when it came to coaches. Currently, you do not have long lines of experienced, successful coaches chomping at the bit to coach at Rhea County. The word is out. Look back at how few applications Rhea County got for the softball or baseball coaching positions (none or nearly none) not to mention other sports that had few applicants. And the top pick for the football job bailed at the first chance he got. The current administration chose to make life hard for the loyal coaches (in several sports) who stuck around despite low pay because they loved the community and the kids. Instead, Levengood and Messemer chose to let school board members and family members tell them who should coach. In order to get new coaches they have had to provide benefits they denied to previous coaches. My guess is that the school system is spending more money to meet new coaches demands than they spent when the previous coaches were there. And they have to work hard to cover up any mistakes new coaches make so Rhea County fans won't figure out the truth. The problem is deeper than coaches and players. Look back at the past several years and what has happened to Rhea County sports. The problem is at the top. We need professional adminstrators, not politicians and family puppets.

Well, Bleedingblue, the jig is up for both of us, I guess. Reckon they'll let us hang around if we don't start swapping recipes on here or talking about shoes and purses?

Back to topic: most of the team saw the incident where the coach picked up a player and slammed him into the ground during practice. I understand the young man's grandmother was at the high school the very next day. And it seemed to me the young man finally saw some playing time following that incident. That is a little coincidental to me.

The administration knew it happened and I believe even made the statement (or hinted) that the coach would be terminated the week after the incident since the very next night was homecoming. At least, that was the rumor circulated among the faculty. Funny that it didn't happen. I knew when I heard that speculation that it wouldn't.

Ponder this for a minute: if these rumors and stories aren't true and he really isn't that bad of a guy, why hasn't one single player posted in his defense? They read these boards. We could all be wrong in our personal assessments - we haven't put on pads and a helmet and practiced with him and played for him. But the boys who have, well, they haven't defended him once. I think if we were way off base, we would have been called on it by now.

That speaks volumes to me.

They players I've talked to said it was blown out of proportion.

They players I've talked to said it was blown out of proportion.

We expected this reply from our school board/coacht rep. I was not there either but I was told a few of the players were pretty upset and ready to take action then. Most of us was not there and will never know but what I do know not one kid has stood up for Greene on this incident. RCEF made a good point!

We expected this reply from our school board/coacht rep. I was not there either but I was told a few of the players were pretty upset and ready to take action then. Most of us was not there and will never know but what I do know not one kid has stood up for Greene on this incident. RCEF made a good point!

You really are pretty new around here. I've been very critical of the school board in the past.