Rhea County

EagleLegend1

You really are pretty new around here. I've been very critical of the school board in the past.

I am new on here but I have played the game. I know if someone was on here bashing my ole ball coach I would be one of the first to defend him and I believe these boys of ours are no different! Just my opinion but I do have to believe that their was some misconduct on coach Greene's behalf. A week ago you did not know anyone on the school board. :popcorneater:

I am new on here but I have played the game. I know if someone was on here bashing my ole ball coach I would be one of the first to defend him and I believe these boys of ours are no different! Just my opinion but I do have to believe that their was some misconduct on coach Greene's behalf. A week ago you did not know anyone on the school board. :popcorneater:

I don't.

I don't.

So you are saying that it's a normal practice for you to critisize people or the schoolboard that you know nothing or very little about. I have a very hard time understanding your thinking on alot of our discussions on here but I guess that is what these boards are for. We are not going to agree on everything. In mine and your case that would be nothing so far.

Why not? After all, he/she is supporting a coach he/she obviously knows nothing about. :mrgreen:

Benny Monroe (3 state championship rings), Gary Rankin (9 state championship rings), and Ken Sparks (winningest coach in the history of DII college football) think he's a very good coach.

That's what I know about him. Sorry, but that means a little more to me than some mom's opinion on an internet message board.

Just to recap, we have:

Pro-Green:

- Benny Monroe

- Gary Rankin

- Ken Sparks

- EaglePride1

Anti-Green:

- rheacountyeaglemom

- RCGRIDIRON

- some player's grandma

Who knows:

- Ballcurmugeon

Edited by EaglePride1

Benny Monroe (3 state championship rings), Gary Rankin (9 state championship rings), and Ken Sparks (winningest coach in the history of DII college football) think he's a very good coach.

That's what I know about him. Sorry, but that means a little more to me than some mom's opinion on an internet message board.

Just to recap, we have:

Pro-Green:

- Benny Monroe

- Gary Rankin

- Ken Sparks

- EaglePride1

Anti-Green:

- rheacountyeaglemom

- RCGRIDIRON

- some player's grandma

Who knows:

- Ballcurmugeon

Trust me Eaglepride. If they really thought he was great he would not be where he is at today. I have witnessed several letters of recomendation typed up after they just got the ax for incompetency etc. Yes he has coached under some great coaches and for some fine programs. We have all heard he had to leave because of cutbacks etc. etc. He has not been in one place for more than a couple of seasons. Great coaches KEEP great coaches. He has been let go and left several programs for a reason and no I do not believe it has been for advancement. This is only my opinion and an educated guess.

I have witnessed several letters of recommendation typed up after they just got the ax for incompetency etc.......he has been let go and left several programs for a reason and no I do not believe it has been for advancement.

I'm sure he was about to get the "ax for incompetency" just after he was voted defensive coach of the year in the state of Tennessee at Ooltewah.

You really are being silly.

I'm sure he was about to get the "ax for incompetency" just after he was voted defensive coach of the year in the state of Tennessee at Ooltewah.

You really are being silly.

I don't see him even being a candidate for that award if it wasn't for Mr. Jacquez Smith. I bet if you ask Mr. Greene he would probably tell you the same. I have come to terms that you and I will seldom agree. That is ok. One thing is for sure. We both enjoy friday night football here in Rhea County and want a successful program. I just don't think Greene can get us over the hump! I buy what I see with my own eyes!!! I did not see much to buy in to. We should have been more competitive this year. PERIOD!

I am new to this forum but I am green and gold through and through and I have to say that im not a big fan of coach green just because he's not a proven winner as a head coach. If it were me doing the hiring this past summer I would have hire someone that has been there and done that successfully, but with the money Rhea County pays that's really wasn't possible. But I will give him a chance I'm not going to throw him under the bus after one season.I hear rumors all the time about how some of the players don't like him and they put up a sign in the locker room that said we want fitzgerald back and also about the incident on the practice field. I also know that he had at the least 30 players quit on him throughout the season. So I ask one of the sophomore player what he thought of the new coach and he said that he was a good coach and he liked him he also told me that he (the player) had worked harder than he ever has. So I say to him what's with all the bad rumors and what up with all the players quiting and he said that most of those guys got to do whatever they wanted with fitzgerald running the show and coach green comes in and tries to discipline these guys and the don't like it and they try everything the can to make him look bad.sound to me like those players had it made with the old staff and they don't with Greens.

I am new to this forum but I am green and gold through and through and I have to say that im not a big fan of coach green just because he's not a proven winner as a head coach. If it were me doing the hiring this past summer I would have hire someone that has been there and done that successfully, but with the money Rhea County pays that's really wasn't possible. But I will give him a chance I'm not going to throw him under the bus after one season.I hear rumors all the time about how some of the players don't like him and they put up a sign in the locker room that said we want fitzgerald back and also about the incident on the practice field. I also know that he had at the least 30 players quit on him throughout the season. So I ask one of the sophomore player what he thought of the new coach and he said that he was a good coach and he liked him he also told me that he (the player) had worked harder than he ever has. So I say to him what's with all the bad rumors and what up with all the players quiting and he said that most of those guys got to do whatever they wanted with fitzgerald running the show and coach green comes in and tries to discipline these guys and the don't like it and they try everything the can to make him look bad.sound to me like those players had it made with the old staff and they don't with Greens.

I agree with this post. I wasn't initially thrilled with the hire either, but give the man a chance to do his job.