Rhea County

EagleLegend1

I'm curious what point you're trying to make, you've been so "pro-Greene" this year. Have you had a change of heart?

I still think he can do well and will support him. It's just obvious that Cleveland is more committed to winning football games than we are.

How do you think someone becomes a proven head coach? Someone has to give them their first head coaching job!!!

Incredible insight right here, folks.

• Upvote 1

How do you think someone becomes a proven head coach? Someone has to give them their first head coaching job!!!

Nobody would keep him on as an assistant! Great coaches KEEP great coaches unless bigger opportunities come up for them. He has been forced out, let go, etc. Why would anybody think he would make a great head coach is beyond me. I seen enough this year! It was a terrible hire!

Committed? This is the first proven winning head coach they have got sense Monroe and that was back in 95'. We did give the job to a proven coach but he didnt want to stay. For the money that a head coach makes in this county we probably be need to be glad we got who we did.Rhea county will never be able to afford a good coach like Rankin or Monroe or someone that has been there and won that,at least not the shape this program has been. Give this man a chance! he has this team going in the right direction as far as I can see.they are hitting the weights as hard as I've seen them in 15the years and we have a good group of young men coming up from the freshman squad and also the class behind them is pretty good too.If he can build this team back to were they used to be then the money will come ,the more you win the more that people in the community will get involved but it won't happen over night.last season was bad but you have to look at like this, this coach had just a few weeks to get a staff together before practice started then he had a bunch of his players quit throughout the first couple of weeks in the season and the tallent level was way down,even for Rhea county standards,so no one really expected a good year, If you did you probably need to go get therapy. Then on top of that we played a pretty ruff schedule.so come on people get with the program and support the program give the man a couple of years before we put him on the firing line. this coach was not my first pick either but every coach has to get a start somewhere. If we give him his chance he might turn out to be a winner.

I would be hard-pressed to point out any "talent" that quit the team outside of the Cochran boy. But he didn't quit because of the coach, he quit due to other commitments. Otherwise, we didn't lose much, talent-wise, from the quitters. A tough schedule? Yes, I will agree with that. We had TOO tough of a schedule for a school our size, but that's a classification issue that we can't do anything about.

Positive leadership gets results. I hope he figures that out soon or it won't matter what level of talent your freshman class is bringing to the program. Just my humble opinion as a "mom on a message board."

Wasn't pointing out any talent that quit the team and I didn't say anything about why they quit the team.the fact of the matter is this is the last season was the smallest group of players I've ever seen on that field, they were out size and out maned in every single game. But that's not the players fault I blame the past coaches for not having any kind of weight program. Anyone will tell you that they looked like boy vs.men out there and its been that way for several years.I remember talking to Fitzgerald about the weight lifting class they had at 6th period and how they canceled it , in fact that's one of the reasons he give for stepping down.big deal so they took his class away."stay after school " that what you get that supplement for.Horton, Hammontree and Payne all stayed after school and we worked out hard even at 6:00 am before school started.plain and simple it takes commitment from everybody.we had linemen when I played that could swat 500 pound and could bench 300 plus and had some talent but not what you would call loaded but my four years we never had a loosing season won a region title and made a run in the playoff every year and even after my class had moved on.my opinion big strong players will make up for lack of talent any day.

I would be hard-pressed to point out any "talent" that quit the team outside of the Cochran boy. But he didn't quit because of the coach, he quit due to other commitments. Otherwise, we didn't lose much, talent-wise, from the quitters. A tough schedule? Yes, I will agree with that. We had TOO tough of a schedule for a school our size, but that's a classification issue that we can't do anything about.

Positive leadership gets results. I hope he figures that out soon or it won't matter what level of talent your freshman class is bringing to the program. Just my humble opinion as a "mom on a message board."

So you are saying that all the coach's were coaching negative. Find that hard to believe.

So you are saying that all the coach's were coaching negative. Find that hard to believe.

No, not at all. I'm saying GREENE is a negative coach (note that I said the sooner HE figures that out, not THEY figure that out). Mitchell, Kinney, Fitzgerald and others were always positive influences for the boys. Greene was not, at least not to the senior players. And that is a fact.