Rhea County

EagleLegend1

I don't really understand your point.

I am not surprised that you don't. Google Blackman High School and the coach's name and see what you come up with. I do my research and homework.

And it's not just some of the players that dislike the coach. It is the majority. The team could have been resentful because Fitz got pushed out of his job, they could have held that against the current coach, but the majority went in with their heads on straight, determined to make this a good year, especially the seniors. And they got zip from the coach. He treated them like dogs from day one. So nope, I'm not a fan. And I hope he's gone soon. Send him back to Cleveland. I will say again, he is not a good fit for Rhea County. And I base that from direct feedback from the players (plural)...you know, the ones who actually started, not just stood on the sidelines.

Is it rational to expect upperclassmen on a team that goes through a surprise coaching change to be happy when they go 1-9? I don't think so, but apparently you do. It's really not that difficult of a concept to grasp.

This may come as a shock to you, but your son and his senior friends aren't the entire team. I know several who don't share the same views and are excited about the future.

Speaking of which, has anyone heard anything about Fitz's future. I'm really surprised he hasn't got a job by now.

Edited by EaglePride1

Did you google yet? :mrgreen:

Happy Thanksgiving.

I did and I'm pretty sure he has too by now. I am sure EaglePride would rather talk to someone who was actually there. :roll: Sounds like it has been an ongoing problem with greene. C'mon man! Take your blinders off! Is it really this difficult for you to figure out?

Our administration/schoolboard needs to be held accountable if Greene decides to have another one of his meltdowns! I personally am pointing my finger towards them! Our athletic program is getting to be a real embarrassment!

Benny Monroe (3 state championship rings), Gary Rankin (9 state championship rings), and Ken Sparks (winningest coach in the history of DII college football) think he's a very good coach.

That's what I know about him. Sorry, but that means a little more to me than some mom's opinion on an internet message board.

Just to recap, we have:

Pro-Green:

- Benny Monroe

- Gary Rankin

- Ken Sparks

- EaglePride1

Anti-Green:

- rheacountyeaglemom

- RCGRIDIRON

- some player's grandma

Who knows:

- Ballcurmugeon

As for Ole Ballcurmudgeon, I have said repeatedly, I am not into bashing coaches or players. I have said over and over again that I am concerned about the Rhea County Administration's lack of professionalism in general, which I believe is harmful to stability in our sports programs. As a curmudgeonly old man, even I am surprised at the sexist comments that dismiss the womens' opinions on this thread.The only thing more surprising is how few people you had to pick from in your coaches survey. When Coach Fitzgerald resigned you had to stand in line to make a comment on CoachT.com. For some reason, after this football season, things got really quiet. Go figure.

Well guys and gals here is how I see it. I was at every game but 1 this year and alot of the practices. I seen very little discipling. This years team had issues from the coach's to the players. PERIOD. Rhea County is not blessed with outstanding athletes and haven't been for along time. But what we have had is a group of kids that love the game of football joining together and playing hard nosed football. And they were competing until this year. So not a soul on here can make me believe that it was lack of tallent. That is on the coach's ability to coach and therefore I blame the coaching. The idiotic penalties the mouthing the sideline caos with players I blame the players.

All this other stuff everyone keeps bringing up that the administration is at blame. Well all I can say is get out and vote and make the changes. Or go to the school board meetings and place your concerns. Surely they are all not as tight knit as some of you say. But at the end of the day what ever you do, do in regards to the players of any sport. They are who it affects the most.

I have followed this thread for a good bit of time and have something's to say myself. I will start with the kids that do not like their new head coach. I believe some of them to be spoiled children who are used to getting things their way either at home or being able to be lazy in practice this is just my opinion. The upper classman i can understand them not particularly liking a coaching change and have loyalties to Mr.Fitzgerald but also this isnt about your coach its about the TEAM. I hope the young men on this team pull together and decide if they are all in or if it is going to be a me first thing. As far as all the things that have been said about the practice incident if the parents of that child are at peace with it then everyone else needs to let it go. All of this is just what I think so before you bash me read the whole thread and if you take exception because you think I am talking about your child then maybe you should evaluate yourself and not me. I watch from the stands and see a lot of what you all see but things are not always as they appear so remember this before we start name calling.

I have followed this thread for a good bit of time and have something's to say myself. I will start with the kids that do not like their new head coach. I believe some of them to be spoiled children who are used to getting things their way either at home or being able to be lazy in practice this is just my opinion. The upper classman i can understand them not particularly liking a coaching change and have loyalties to Mr.Fitzgerald but also this isnt about your coach its about the TEAM. I hope the young men on this team pull together and decide if they are all in or if it is going to be a me first thing. As far as all the things that have been said about the practice incident if the parents of that child are at peace with it then everyone else needs to let it go. All of this is just what I think so before you bash me read the whole thread and if you take exception because you think I am talking about your child then maybe you should evaluate yourself and not me. I watch from the stands and see a lot of what you all see but things are not always as they appear so remember this before we start name calling.

I take no offense at what you said - everyone has an opinion. And I am very content with my opinion that my son is not spoiled or used to getting his way at home or anywhere else. Just ask him - he'll tell you he agrees with me.

My son liked Fitz but he didn't receive special treatment. He earned his position and I would be hard pressed to name anyone on that team that did NOT earn the positions they played. I saw no favoritism the past few years - but hey, I'm a girl, a MOM, what the heck do I know, right?

Here's the deal - if it were not for we MOMS, very few of these boys would make it to practice prior to receiving their driver's licenses; there would be a lot less folks manning the fireworks stands for the summer fundraisers; and who would make the desserts for the team cookout? It takes everybody to make this program work, and I refuse to have my opinion negated or diminished because I wear a skirt. So EaglePride1, whoever you are, I feel sorry for your mom/wife/sister or any other female relative you have because it appears to me that in your mind, they are not as intelligent or well-versed as you are.

Now...that being said...I truly hope this program improves drastically next year. I will still keep my season tickets (I support the program, not just MY son); and I will continue to work with the Touchdown Club. That is what you do when you truly love the football program. And I will continue to post my opinions.

P.S. - no one every told me who Vince Lombardi is...still scratching my head over that... :blink:

As i said in my previous post I am not talking about every child on the team just a select few. I am not saying that there is or was favortism just that some of our young men have a sense of self entitlement since they were jr. high standouts. Once again a select few and this is my opinion and I have been wrong before. Oh yeah Vince Lombardi was the coach for the green bay packers in the 50s and 60s.