perry co. v. huntingdon

hoofbeat

I love how no one remembers the extremely late hit #23 for Huntingdon gave our RB in the second quarter. And we take one cheap shot and all of PC is classless. And whats up with no ambulance at the game? Luckily or player wasnt seriously injured cause apparently there was no medical help near by. Congrats on the win but win with class.

Guru, I don't think that our kids showed anything but class. Football is an emotional game and towards the end of the game emotions ran high. As far as the ambulance, I don't know where the thing was, but they are usually at every game. Im glad that neither team had any life threatening injury, could have been bad and I promise it will be fixed before next game. As far as the game goes, ya'll have a very good team, with the kind of offense that gives us trouble. I think Tucker looked pretty good, but I think # 8 for yall is the player of the game. He saved a couple of interceptions and made some good catches. Tucker will probably win Mr. Football, but I still think Warbritton is the better athelete. Our defense got a little lax in the second half, but we are a better defense than we showed tonight. Congrats on a good season.

Well, GURU, I watched you battle with the Mustang fans all week, and frankly, all season. Tucker is a stud. He doesn't back down on defense that's for sure. He will definatly hit you at the second level. Huntingdon's DB's made some mistakes and PC's receivers made some plays. Having no run game really hurts PC. Huntingdon just pushed the PC line around all night. The offensive line for PC is really well coached because they used perfect technique in maintaing their blocks. Huntingdon was just a better overall team. Their running attack isn't just one man so that puts alot of strain on the LB's to contain the backs and fill the holes, which they couldn't do. Warbritton and Watson were head and shoulders the best two "Atheletes" on the field. I think Huntingdon's speed and power combination killed the PC defenders. PC's defense wasn't really strong up front at all which really shocked me. And GURU, Camden, Dresden, and Milan have better defenses than PC. I think I recall you saying that PC's defense was better than anyone H-town had faced. I think, IMHO, they would all compete with and probably beat PC on a neutral field because of the lack of run defense on PC. PC's passing would give all those teams fits though. Camden would probably play them pretty good defensively with the secondary so good there. And by the way, HOW'S THAT CROW TASTE? Like Chicken???????

Jacob Tucker "should" win the Mr. Football award. He is a much better passer than Warbriton. Warbriton is a much better "athelete" than Tucker. Tucker would get my vote if I had one due to his sheer numbers on offense...even if it is against a gravy schedule. Gonna be hard to replace him. Tucker has that look and swagger of a college QB. Kinda reminded me of Tom Brady in the pocket tonight when he had time to survey the field. His receivers let him down in the first half dropping passes. Maybe he will be playing college football next year and we can watch him on Saturday.

Sportmanship wasn't an issue in my opinion. Play Stewart County if you wanna see bad sportsmanship. They are terrible. These boys were just "Playing Football" and getting a little emotional. Let them play.

My pick for next week will be Huntingdon 35 Wayne County 20. PC didn't get to really see the strength of the Huntingdon defense passing the whole game. Wayne County will probably run ALOT. Good luck to the Mustangs the rest of the way to Cookville!!!

Tucker is a good player. He can pass but thats it. Warbritton can and does do it all. Now, take one fat crow, pluck feathers and boil in water with salt and pepper for 30 minutes. Take out of water and pull meat from bones, add 4 ounces of country bobs steak sauce, stir and eat. Recon we done pretty good against a defence like we aint played against yet. Oh yes, has anyone mentioned that we beat milan.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Tucker was hurt, and didn't run the ball like he normally does. He also was not the beast on D that he normally is. Had he been healthy, you would have seen why he is Mr. Football. Would that have changed the outcome of the game? Probably not. Would PC have scored more than 20? Definitely. As far as Warbritton goes, he's good, but he's no Tucker. I was more impressed with # 15.

Edited by viking_fan

You have no idea what you are talking about. Tucker was hurt, and didn't run the ball like he normally did. He also was not the beast on D that he normally is. Had he been healthy, you would have seen why he is Mr. Football. Would that have changed the outcome of the game? Probably not. Would PC have scored more than 20? Definitely. As far as Warbritton goes, he's good, but he's no Tucker. I was more impressed with # 15.

Yall keyed on Warbritton, so we handed the ball to Watson. Thats the good thing about our offense is that we have so many weapons and a good O-line . I bet Tucker wishes he had some other weapons to hand it to. His stats wouldn't be as great , but it would take some of the pressure off of him.

I really enjoyed the game, very nice facility and a fine football team. They took care of PC rather easily but did not look as good as I originally thought. Dont get me wrong they are a solid team but WC will probably give them alot of problems. This game is toss-up for me right now. At any rate, I didnt see enough for them to hang w/ SP last year, not sure about this year b/c I have not see them. The game next week should be very interesting.....

I really enjoyed the game, very nice facility and a fine football team. They took care of PC rather easily but did not look as good as I originally thought. Dont get me wrong they are a solid team but WC will probably give them alot of problems. This game is toss-up for me right now. At any rate, I didnt see enough for them to hang w/ SP last year, not sure about this year b/c I have not see them. The game next week should be very interesting.....

I think that our defense looked worse than they are, because we do have problems with teams that run a spread offense with good quarterback that throws the ball around. Our defense is built to stop the run and we do that well. We have done pretty well stopping the pass this year, luckily you don't run into a qb of Tuckers caliber very often. Probably the best pure passer we have faced since Max Arnold from Mckenzie last year.

Well, GURU, I watched you battle with the Mustang fans all week, and frankly, all season. Tucker is a stud. He doesn't back down on defense that's for sure. He will definatly hit you at the second level. Huntingdon's DB's made some mistakes and PC's receivers made some plays. Having no run game really hurts PC. Huntingdon just pushed the PC line around all night. The offensive line for PC is really well coached because they used perfect technique in maintaing their blocks. Huntingdon was just a better overall team. Their running attack isn't just one man so that puts alot of strain on the LB's to contain the backs and fill the holes, which they couldn't do. Warbritton and Watson were head and shoulders the best two "Atheletes" on the field. I think Huntingdon's speed and power combination killed the PC defenders. PC's defense wasn't really strong up front at all which really shocked me. And GURU, Camden, Dresden, and Milan have better defenses than PC. I think I recall you saying that PC's defense was better than anyone H-town had faced. I think, IMHO, they would all compete with and probably beat PC on a neutral field because of the lack of run defense on PC. PC's passing would give all those teams fits though. Camden would probably play them pretty good defensively with the secondary so good there. And by the way, HOW'S THAT CROW TASTE? Like Chicken???????

Jacob Tucker "should" win the Mr. Football award. He is a much better passer than Warbriton. Warbriton is a much better "athelete" than Tucker. Tucker would get my vote if I had one due to his sheer numbers on offense...even if it is against a gravy schedule. Gonna be hard to replace him. Tucker has that look and swagger of a college QB. Kinda reminded me of Tom Brady in the pocket tonight when he had time to survey the field. His receivers let him down in the first half dropping passes. Maybe he will be playing college football next year and we can watch him on Saturday.

Sportmanship wasn't an issue in my opinion. Play Stewart County if you wanna see bad sportsmanship. They are terrible. These boys were just "Playing Football" and getting a little emotional. Let them play.

My pick for next week will be Huntingdon 35 Wayne County 20. PC didn't get to really see the strength of the Huntingdon defense passing the whole game. Wayne County will probably run ALOT. Good luck to the Mustangs the rest of the way to Cookville!!!

That is the most accurate assessment of this game that I've seen. :thumb:

I think that our defense looked worse than they are, because we do have problems with teams that run a spread offense with good quarterback that throws the ball around. Our defense is built to stop the run and we do that well. We have done pretty well stopping the pass this year, luckily you don't run into a qb of Tuckers caliber very often. Probably the best pure passer we have faced since Max Arnold from Mckenzie last year.

Well that is what you will need to do against WC. The veer is a different animal as well when talking about a run game. Having said that, I am not sure how well they run the veer b/c I have not see them play. They are very strong defensively as well so this game could be a slobberknocker. I know Huntingdon's offense is built to grind it out which they did, just not as easily as I thought they would. PC got a few more stops than I thought they would.....