Henry County vs. Clarksville NE: 2nd round playoffs

RedSwarm10

[/b]

Well...this "Fool" (sorry too Olddevil) now has read something we can both agree on! Because it certainly is not a "foregone conclusion" that Gallatin will win the rematch this week against Hendersonville. However...I do doubt the seperation of this week's Northeast game to be what it was just a few short weeks ago. Believe this "fool" (sorry again Olddevil) when I say that!

Just don't tell us how great NE will be, or our third round opponent either. Your confession was both surprising, and accurate. You are still a good fan...just not a wise one.

This week will be another massacre. Next week will be another massacre. Round four won't be close. I have tried to tell you this for a long time. We are very good, and the competition is AWFUL. QBClubPrez...I have told you for weeks that East was not good, yet you babbled on about how they would be a test...then NE beats them! When will you all start listening to me?

This week will be another massacre. Next week will be another massacre. Round four won't be close. I have tried to tell you this for a long time. We are very good, and the competition is AWFUL. QBClubPrez...I have told you for weeks that East was not good, yet you babbled on about how they would be a test...then NE beats them! When will you all start listening to me?

This week should not be too difficult. However, everyone is mistaken if they think Ridgeway will be a pushover. They lost to undefeated an 6A Whitehaven, nationally ranked Skyline out of Dallas, TX, and a pretty good 6A White Station team. They will be pretty good. Then Gallatin or Hendersonville will be a test. My East Tennessee friends tell me that Powell is only pretty good. The gut feeling on this keyboard is the team left standing between HC, Ridgeway, and Gallatin will be the champion of 5A. This is not a gut feeling: any game between HC and Gallatin or Ridgeway will not be massacres. :popcorneater:

Edited by bigredatheart

Your right he don't play defense but east would have scored more points with him.

Yet you said that the "only reason" East won is because Kimbrow didn't play...yet Northeast scored more points than did East. But..I guess you are "trying to say" that if Kimbrow had played..East would have scored more points "in less time" thus...giving the ball back to Northeast allowing their star to score more than the 6 touchdowns he had on the night! So whichever way you slice it..."Kimbrow's not playing" is NOT the "only reason" Northeast won. If you do not believe me...you might want to read either the Commercial Appeal's account of the game or the Leaf Chronicle's. Both are good articles.

Edited by QBClubPrez

We are all accustomed to the fact that you build up any possible opponent beyond recognition to the actual team itself (EXAMPLE: Memphis East). Just please don't tell us how good NE, Dyer, Ridgeway are because when you do that, you come across as a fool (sorry olddevil). I will tell you something now that you don't want to hear...Gallatin is just a little above fair...they are less than good. Their name is better than their team, and I am not certain they will even make it to round four!

You are wrong on this 1, I was waiting until you finally decided they are no good. Hendersonville may well beat them b/c well they are good too. Having seen Gallatin and HC both play Springfield I can tell you Gallatin will be able to match up personal wise. If they show up and play good, b/c they have been somewhat inconsistent the last few weeks, then it will be a tough game, assuming HC shows up and plays a good game too. If HC has an off game against Gallatin then they will get smoked.....

You are wrong on this 1, I was waiting until you finally decided they are no good. Hendersonville may well beat them b/c well they are good too. Having seen Gallatin and HC both play Springfield I can tell you Gallatin will be able to match up personal wise. If they show up and play good, b/c they have been somewhat inconsistent the last few weeks, then it will be a tough game, assuming HC shows up and plays a good game too. If HC has an off game against Gallatin then they will get smoked.....

Smoked? Could you elaborate?

Yet you said that the "only reason" East won is because Kimbrow didn't play...yet Northeast scored more points than did East. But..I guess you are "trying to say" that if Kimbrow had played..East would have scored more points "in less time" thus...giving the ball back to Northeast allowing their star to score more than the 6 touchdowns he had on the night! So whichever way you slice it..."Kimbrow's not playing" is NOT the "only reason" Northeast won. If you do not believe me...you might want to read either the Commercial Appeal's account of the game or the Leaf Chronicle's. Both are good articles.

I still stand by that. I know reeves had a heck of a game. But kimbrow would have put more points on the board for east. And also having your best player out brings down the whole team just like us against clarksville high 2 years ago. We should have beat them without shonte but they were beating us all over the field. Well anyway this week is northeast and I think they will be ready and play much better this time. Hopefully our d can shut down reeves again.

How many times in the past five years has Henry County thought to have been unstoppable going into the play-offs only to be stopped before reaching the championship game, much less winning it? I'll believe all of the rhetoric once the Patriots have beaten a team from Sumner, or Davidson, county in the post-season.

How many times in the past five years has Henry County thought to have been unstoppable going into the play-offs only to be stopped before reaching the championship game, much less winning it? I'll believe all of the rhetoric once the Patriots have beaten a team from Sumner, or Davidson, county in the post-season.

For the record...this particular team (which is the only one that matters) is 1-0 in the postseason AND 1-0 against Sumner County teams!

And that would be how many wins against a Sumner county team in the post-season? I believe I stipulated post-season. And that's all that matters for now.

As I alluded to ealier..."this particular" team has only played in one "postseason game"! They won that game 42-14. This "Henry County Team" did not play in last year's playoffs, nor in 2009, nor in 2008, nor in 2007, etc., etc.! I think you have "this team" confused with some other team or must not understand that after each season, certain student athletes graduate and new ones join the team! The only team that can compete in this year's playoffs is "this year's team"! So, let me be clear..."this Henry County team" is 1-0 in the postseason and 1-0 against Sumner County teams!