Henry County vs. Clarksville NE: 2nd round playoffs

RedSwarm10

As I alluded to ealier..."this particular" team has only played in one "postseason game"! They won that game 42-14. This "Henry County Team" did not play in last year's playoffs, nor in 2009, nor in 2008, nor in 2007, etc., etc.! I think you have "this team" confused with some other team or must not understand that after each season, certain student athletes graduate and new ones join the team! The only team that can compete in this year's playoffs is "this year's team"! So, let me be clear..."this Henry County team" is 1-0 in the postseason and 1-0 against Sumner County teams!

There is no confusion. Henry County has historically been stymied in the play offs once they get away from playing the Memphis area teams and their old district foes. Why, other than blind enthusiasm, should anyone expect any difference this time around?

You can't change the past. But I suppose there is always hope for the future.

Hey Prez, serious question how would you compare this years Patriots to the last 2 years

Hey there Wave13...many have asked this same question. I believe the most noticable difference in this year's squad over the past 2 years is the talent, speed, and physical nature of the defense. The game's "tone" is often set by the 3 big senior defensive linemen! They continue to disrupt opponent's offensive plan by their strength, agility, and speed. Those 3 guys alone would make an average secondary seem pretty good however, this year's squad too is blessed with some really talented guys playing the "outfield" behind the linebackers that cover, react, and hit as hard as any we have seen wear the red jerseys! Not only have they been a critical part of stopping the run, they continue to intercept passes from week to week...again...partly due to the unrest of the Qback from the pressure of the D-line.

Two years ago...we simply had no answer for the Gwave's rushing attack. I think this year's team is much different in that respect....however...we may find out just how much they have improved if both teams are able to advance for 2 more weeks!

Do you expect anything different this week against the Commandos than you saw a few weeks back?

There is no confusion. Henry County has historically been stymied in the play offs once they get away from playing the Memphis area teams and their old district foes. Why, other than blind enthusiasm, should anyone expect any difference this time around?

You can't change the past. But I suppose there is always hope for the future.

Apparently you do not read or process words very well! The answer to this obvious question is in my two previous posts to you! THIS TEAM has never played in the postseason against Northeast, Melrose, Ridgeway, Gallatin, Hendersonville, or any other team you want to mention. Thus, the answer is simple! This team has no history of losing in the playoffs. It only has the one victory! Hopefully after this coming Friday, they will be 2-0 in the postseason. Is your team still alive in the postseason? Which team is so fortunate as to harbor your allegiance?

Edited by QBClubPrez

Hey there Wave13...many have asked this same question. I believe the most noticable difference in this year's squad over the past 2 years is the talent, speed, and physical nature of the defense. The game's "tone" is often set by the 3 big senior defensive linemen! They continue to disrupt opponent's offensive plan by their strength, agility, and speed. Those 3 guys alone would make an average secondary seem pretty good however, this year's squad too is blessed with some really talented guys playing the "outfield" behind the linebackers that cover, react, and hit as hard as any we have seen wear the red jerseys! Not only have they been a critical part of stopping the run, they continue to intercept passes from week to week...again...partly due to the unrest of the Qback from the pressure of the D-line.

Two years ago...we simply had no answer for the Gwave's rushing attack. I think this year's team is much different in that respect....however...we may find out just how much they have improved if both teams are able to advance for 2 more weeks!

Do you expect anything different this week against the Commandos than you saw a few weeks back?

The first game against H-ville Gallatin came out fired up more than i have seen all year and was dominate through the entire game, H-ville looked flat that night I dont expect they will be flat this week. Gallatin has good size great speed and is the most physical team that i may have ever seen there. Hopefully we both have that chance to meet again i really enjoyed my trip to Paris last time.

How many times in the past five years has Henry County thought to have been unstoppable going into the play-offs only to be stopped before reaching the championship game, much less winning it? I'll believe all of the rhetoric once the Patriots have beaten a team from Sumner, or Davidson, county in the post-season.

2008. That's about it. The hype of this year's team is similar to that of '08, but they haven't been stopped yet. You seem to be lumping together all of our teams from the past 5 years. The teams of '09 and '10 were pretty good, but they couldn't hold a candle to the teams of '08 or '11....or '07 for that matter. And in all honesty, the defense of this year's team is better than the ones of '07 or '08. Although I would give the offensive advantage to the previous ones, mainly because we had two future SEC players in our backfield.

All in all, none of this internet chatter really matters. The boys on the field will decide it. We may not have a close game for a couple more weeks, but I'm not foolish enough to believe we won't see some stiff competition in these playoffs.

Edited by RedSwarm10

Apparently you do not read or process words very well! The answer to this obvious question is in my two previous posts to you! THIS TEAM has never played in the postseason against Northeast, Melrose, Ridgeway, Gallatin, Hendersonville, or any other team you want to mention. Thus, the answer is simple! This team has no history of losing in the playoffs. It only has the one victory! Hopefully after this coming Friday, they will be 2-0 in the postseason. Is your team still alive in the postseason? Which team is so fortunate as to harbor your allegiance?

Actually I read and comprehend quite well, thank you. As I recall, last year, after the Henry County's lost to Hendersonville there was a thread discussing why the the Patriots seem to lose in the playoffs once they meet up with the Nashville area teams. I can't recall if it was a separate thread or just a continuation of the Henry County/Hendersonville game thread. There was even a write up questioning the team's the lack of success against Nashville area teams in the Post-Intelligencer last year after the loss as well. Clearly other Henry County faithful have seen the same pattern that I have observed. So I still wonder why should this team's fate be any different.

Actually I read and comprehend quite well, thank you. As I recall, last year, after the Henry County's lost to Hendersonville there was a thread discussing why the the Patriots seem to lose in the playoffs once they meet up with the Nashville area teams. I can't recall if it was a separate thread or just a continuation of the Henry County/Hendersonville game thread. There was even a write up questioning the team's the lack of success against Nashville area teams in the Post-Intelligencer last year after the loss as well. Clearly other Henry County faithful have seen the same pattern that I have observed. So I still wonder why should this team's fate be any different.

Maybe because this team's fate hasn't been decided yet. You seem to have trouble differentiating between past, present, and future.

You're using very flawed logic. What should Columbia's fate have been last season? They had never won a state title before, so...by your logic, they shouldn't have won it last year. Yet somehow, they did. The same logic, or lack thereof, could be applied to Beech in 2009. They had never won a state championship before, so just exactly how did they manage to pull off the impossible feat of doing so in 2009? This year's HC team has literally rewritten the record books in all 3 phases of the game. And in the vast majority of those games, our starters didn't even play for 3 complete quarters. The reason for optimism here in "henryland" is obvious. I'm just wanting to understand you're reasoning, and why you believe that the past is the same thing as the future. It's an interesting one.

I'll hang up and listen...

Edited by RedSwarm10

If you want to go online to www.parispi.net and purchase the archived version of the Paris Post-Intelligencer and read all about last year's team, the 2009 team, the 2008 team and so on, then certainly do that. I'm sure the Paris PI would love to have you as an online subscriber! Might I also recommend you read all about last year's World Biggest Fish Fry, it's Grand Marshall, last year's Henry County Fair results, last year's demo derby winners, and read all about the previous election results. Since "History" seems to be your "calling"...you might actually enjoy reading the history of our fine community written in the pages of the Paris PI!

However, if you try to predict this year's Fairest of the Fair based on last year's winner, or this year's Hostess Princess based on the winner in 2007...I doubt you'll have much success! Likewise..if you use the same logic in predicting how far this year's Henry County football team might advance...you probably will not fare much better! Since you claim to be a "history buff"...you might find it interesting that in 42 years of high school football at the consolidated Henry County High School...this year's team is only the 3rd team in history to finish the regular season 10-0. Make sure you jot down a couple of notes....there will be a test later!

p.s. You never did mention the name of your team that is so lucky to have you as a supporter. Which team has that great fortune?

Edited by QBClubPrez

How many times in the past five years has Henry County thought to have been unstoppable going into the play-offs only to be stopped before reaching the championship game, much less winning it? I'll believe all of the rhetoric once the Patriots have beaten a team from Sumner, or Davidson, county in the post-season.

Well lets see. When we lost to Hillsboro twice once at home (no way we could win that one) and at HIllsboro (we did not do well there but it was close game). The game to Maplewood still stings. We were at home and we let them drive 90+ yards after we fumbled away an opportunity to put the game away. Then we let them get the 2 point play. The last two years it was Gallatin and Hendersonville. The Gallatin game was just plain awful the way we did not adjust to the passing game and Hendersonville just plain got after us and hurt us in the kicking game. I think that is pretty close to what I could remember.

Anyways, I have been going to HC games since Gaddis came here and brought this place back to life. I would much rather be having a chance to go to state then not making playoffs at all.

I will stand by what I have already said. This team may not be better than those other teams (even though I think they are) but the competition is not there that was there in those years.

Back to NE! (BIG YAWNER) :roflol:

Its kind of odd why this thread is mainly about previous HC teams. I think all Henry County faithful are aware of the 2nd or 3rd round fall we've had in the past years. But this is 2011, new team, better team, and a team that is practically a family. We need to focus on this years squad and just watch them move thru the playoffs. Go HC!