Henry County vs. Clarksville NE: 2nd round playoffs

RedSwarm10

Its kind of odd why this thread is mainly about previous HC teams. I think all Henry County faithful are aware of the 2nd or 3rd round fall we've had in the past years. But this is 2011, new team, better team, and a team that is practically a family. We need to focus on this years squad and just watch them move thru the playoffs. Go HC!

It certainly sounds as if you have been reading my posts...apparently there are a few who do not read well, love history, or believe that a team's fate simply depends on its success or lack of over the previous 5-10 years.

It certainly sounds as if you have been reading my posts...apparently there are a few who do not read well, love history, or believe that a team's fate simply depends on its success or lack of over the previous 5-10 years.

I really beleive this is the team that can finish the deal. I thought we would finish the deal with the team of Marsalis Teague's Jr year when we had the miracle against Melrose, and then did not finish it against a real good Maplewood team, that I think we beat 8 out of 10 times, but they won the 1 time that counted. That said, this years teams is better than that team and the one the year after it. We have an excellent opportunity that is attainable in the next month, but until we break through and bring home the gold, then there will always be people saying that HC can't get it done in the playoffs. Are we the favorite to win 5A? I personally think so, but all that matters right now is CLARKSVILLE NE. I hope we play as well as we did the last time we played them, as I thought that was our best performance of the year. One game at a time, and all will be GOLDEN in the end.

Beat Clarksville NE!!!!! :popcorneater: and get you some popcorn!

Having played sports all my life(up throught the college level), I have vivid memories of playing on multiple "different" teams along the way. I remember quite well beating teams "we" were not supposed to beat and losing to teams "we" were supposed to beat. The odds are in our favor this week and this game is all that matters right now. I'm not going to predict anything beyond that at this point. Go Pats!!

The only reason northeast won was kimbrow didn't play for east. He is the number one recruit in the state so that was a big loss. And also reeves had 313 rushing yards for northeast. I don't think it will be as big as homecoming. But we could blow them out. I think ridgeway will be tough though.

Sorry but I disagree, Kimbrough is a special weapon on offense but Memphis east gave up over forty, lets give NE a little credit, now if east had nto scored and their offense looked awful maybe I buy into what you are saying, but east score 38 points, how many more do you think they would have scored, what I am saying is if you score 38 you should win, defense was their biggest issue.

We are all accustomed to the fact that you build up any possible opponent beyond recognition to the actual team itself (EXAMPLE: Memphis East). Just please don't tell us how good NE, Dyer, Ridgeway are because when you do that, you come across as a fool (sorry olddevil). I will tell you something now that you don't want to hear...Gallatin is just a little above fair...they are less than good. Their name is better than their team, and I am not certain they will even make it to round four!

Red Warrior, have you even seen Gallatin play this year? Worry about NE and the Green Wave will focus on Hendersonville. One game at a time.

Henry County may very well be better than any team in 5A but, that does not mean they are not capable of losing to a good or better yet "little above fair" team in the playoffs.

You are wrong on this 1, I was waiting until you finally decided they are no good. Hendersonville may well beat them b/c well they are good too. Having seen Gallatin and HC both play Springfield I can tell you Gallatin will be able to match up personal wise. If they show up and play good, b/c they have been somewhat inconsistent the last few weeks, then it will be a tough game, assuming HC shows up and plays a good game too. If HC has an off game against Gallatin then they will get smoked.....

Do note that Gallatin was without 5 starters on offensive and 3 on defense due to preseason scuffle as well as the starting QB due to injury during the Springfield game. If Gallatin and HC get by district foes a second time, you will see two talented squads play.

Red Warrior, have you even seen Gallatin play this year? Worry about NE and the Green Wave will focus on Hendersonville. One game at a time.

Henry County may very well be better than any team in 5A but, that does not mean they are not capable of losing to a good or better yet "little above fair" team in the playoffs.

No, I haven't seen them play. If I attend a game, it's HC. I honestly have friends in coaching all over three states. I have friends who have seen Powell and Gallatin. I have no friends who have seen the Morristown teams. I knew Columbia was not a factor. Gallatin is not Gallatin of old, and Powell is not state title worthy. We are very good and the rest of the field is fair or bad. That doesn't mean we WILL win it all, but it does mean that we SHOULD.

Maybe because this team's fate hasn't been decided yet. You seem to have trouble differentiating between past, present, and future.

You're using very flawed logic. What should Columbia's fate have been last season? They had never won a state title before, so...by your logic, they shouldn't have won it last year. Yet somehow, they did. The same logic, or lack thereof, could be applied to Beech in 2009. They had never won a state championship before, so just exactly how did they manage to pull off the impossible feat of doing so in 2009? This year's HC team has literally rewritten the record books in all 3 phases of the game. And in the vast majority of those games, our starters didn't even play for 3 complete quarters. The reason for optimism here in "henryland" is obvious. I'm just wanting to understand you're reasoning, and why you believe that the past is the same thing as the future. It's an interesting one.

I'll hang up and listen...

I'm not using logic to make a prediction. I'm just stating facts. If you had read my first post on this subject you would have seen that I stated that all this talk about how great the team is just talk until they are able to get past the Sumner and Davidson County teams in the playoff. They haven't don that yet. When they do that then I will be a believer.

Since you claim to be a "history buff"...you might find it interesting that in 42 years of high school football at the consolidated Henry County High School...this year's team is only the 3rd team in history to finish the regular season 10-0. Make sure you jot down a couple of notes....there will be a test later!

p.s. You never did mention the name of your team that is so lucky to have you as a supporter. Which team has that great fortune?

I'm not a supporter of any particular school. I'm a general fan of high school and college football (I dislike the pro game). So I attend various games in the area throughout the year. In the interest of full disclosure, I will state that I graduated from Maplewood High School in the early 80's. And speaking objectively about the Panthers, if I may in this particular thread, I don't see getting that deep in the playoffs this year. Their offense is even more one-dimensional than it has been in the past ten years. Add to that, the defense is not as good as it has been. Having said that, if they can get past Liberty Tech this Friday they may make the finals with some luck, but not win it. By the way, how many state championships did the the other two regular season undefeated teams win?