PoLk @ CaK

polkalumn01

Very nice to meet Blaster7 and good to hear from you too blitznbuc, you should have come up for some vittles. It is encouraging to see a community support their team like Polk does, lots of nice people. I'm sure the boys appreciate all the support ya'll give them. Happy to hear the majority of the Polk fans understand football. Sorry a couple of people saw things in a different light than the majority of us. CAK is not perfect in the way we conduct ourselves, that is true with every person walking this earth. But I know CAK diligently tries to play the game tough but with a high level of class. As has been mentioned, the fake punt was not called by any coach. I personally spoke with the kicker and he told me he started his run to the right for the rugby style kick and that the defenders disappeared. He has been coached to run the ball when that happens. Plain and simple. A mid-season roster addition member of our team that came to us from the soccer team does what he is coached, not told to do in this specific instance, but coached to do in practice, and someone wants to label our team as classless. Really? I think CAK showed a great deal of class in calling off the dogs at halftime. I really don't mind too much when we see how a game was played out from different perspectives, but its just a bit strong for the classless comments. But we are all big boys, so I guess if that is the way you saw it , so be it. I think CAK's play on the field and the hospitality shown before and after the games speaks for itself to those Polk fans that were there to see it. I hope everyone had a safe trip back home and I wish much success to the Wildcats and their program for many years to come. I'm sure this is a matchup that we will see more of in the future. I'm looking forward one day to coming to Polk and enjoying your great game day atmosphere. :thumb:

Hey there FootballDad! I told some Polk County fans a few days ago they wouldn't go to a classier place with the most hospitable fans than they would at CAK. Of course I didn't want to tell them how benevolent you were in buying me a delicious burger and the best nanner' pudding I've ever put in my mouth, because they may have lined up at the concession window wanting you to feed them! :roflol:

Football games bring out emotions - especially for parents of the players - thus causing some people to overreact and respond prematurely. Many times these same people will hold your entire program, field, parking lot, trees, campus, bleachers, pa system, etc. under a microscope.......looking for anything to complain about. And being a Christian school they're competing against, I guess these fans think the Christian school is supposed to let their team win, or they weren't really Christians!!! :wacko:

I wasn't at the game, but hearing the description of the 4th down run, I can honestly say that even if I were a parent of a player on the opposing team I wouldn't have complained if the Coach had called that play. It was at midfield, not at the goal line.....it was with second and third teamers just itching to play and impress the coaches, fans, and pretty young ladies.....and the game was essentially over. Sometimes you just accept that the other team is better than yours, so you congratulate them and move on with the same class and integrity the opposing teams' fans, players, and coaches had extended to you in the game.

I don't believe in luck, so I'll wish the CAK team good fortune as they move forward in the playoffs. To the Polk fans, your team had a tremendous year, so be proud of the accomplishments and realize your Wildcats were beat by a better team. There's no shame in that - it happens in football and it happens in life!

Edited by blitzinbuc

You do realize in the playoffs the refs are placed by the tssaa...so that neither team has an advantage. Meaning the zebras last night was from upper east tenn or middle, not from knoxville. Don't say you got homered by officials when the officials really do not care the about the outcome. PS the may want to go and read the actual rules on holding!

As was last year, CAK has an excellent team with a lot of talented athletes, however they need no help from the referees! Last years officiating vs Polk was terrible no matter who you supported and this year was equally bad or worse!! I was there in attendance and to my amazement I don't think there was a single holding call. No teams play a whole game without a holding call. For CAK, one of their huge linemen would hold the Polk defender by his jersey with both hands almost every play and no flag was EVER thrown! CAK needs no help from the officials! Alcoa/CAK will be a good game, I may have to make a return trip to see that one. Both of these teams are coached well and their hand picked teams are always the toughest. Good luck to both.

This is cracking me up. A Polk fan complaining about the officiating. :roflol:

You do realize in the playoffs the refs are placed by the tssaa...so that neither team has an advantage. Meaning the zebras last night was from upper east tenn or middle, not from knoxville. Don't say you got homered by officials when the officials really do not care the about the outcome. PS the may want to go and read the actual rules on holding!

Just sayin. I don't care where the officials are from. They were not calling the game like they should. I suppose they wanted to hurry and get back home.

This is cracking me up. A Polk fan complaining about the officiating. :roflol:

And I'm sure you've never disagreed with the officials. Anyone would recognize holding when they see it but I suppose the officials from the other part of the state call the games less strictly.

I won't deny anything about the talent and coaching of CAK, they have a fantastic team and coaching staff and could have run the score up badly. They showed class by not running up the score. I believe they have a good shot at the State Championship.

Congratulations to the boys and coaches if they do!!

Some of these Polk fans are so used to having "their" officials calling games for them, they think it's the norm for all officiating crews! :thumb:

Come on blitzinbuc, every team can run a play from midfield with 18 seconds on the clock and run the ball inside the 10 and still have 18 seconds on the clock. Wait a minute that's Meigs, no it's Polk, no it's Meigs, good grief I have seen it at both places. :roflol:

Some of these Polk fans are so used to having "their" officials calling games for them, they think it's the norm for all officiating crews! :thumb:

Can't say that I'm a die hard Polk fan. I've been to a few games for Polk, Cleveland, Bradley and Walker Valley and I've never seen an entire game played with no holding calls when there's obvious holding. I'm just saying that these officials call less strict than the ones in this district.

CAK would have won either way, they have a very strong team. I guess if you guys were the coaches, you would have run up the score just because you could!!

CAK staff is tops and they pretty much always have been. I know a former Athletic Director from there and you won't find a more up-standing guy.

I'm done. Over and out.

Hey there FootballDad! I told some Polk County fans a few days ago they wouldn't go to a classier place with the most hospitable fans than they would at CAK. Of course I didn't want to tell them how benevolent you were in buying me a delicious burger and the best nanner' pudding I've ever put in my mouth, because they may have lined up at the concession window wanting you to feed them! :roflol:

Football games bring out emotions - especially for parents of the players - thus causing some people to overreact and respond prematurely. Many times these same people will hold your entire program, field, parking lot, trees, campus, bleachers, pa system, etc. under a microscope.......looking for anything to complain about. And being a Christian school they're competing against, I guess these fans think the Christian school is supposed to let their team win, or they weren't really Christians!!! :wacko:

I wasn't at the game, but hearing the description of the 4th down run, I can honestly say that even if I were a parent of a player on the opposing team I wouldn't have complained if the Coach had called that play. It was at midfield, not at the goal line.....it was with second and third teamers just itching to play and impress the coaches, fans, and pretty young ladies.....and the game was essentially over. Sometimes you just accept that the other team is better than yours, so you congratulate them and move on with the same class and integrity the opposing teams' fans, players, and coaches had extended to you in the game.

I don't believe in luck, so I'll wish the CAK team good fortune as they move forward in the playoffs. To the Polk fans, your team had a tremendous year, so be proud of the accomplishments and realize your Wildcats were beat by a better team. There's no shame in that - it happens in football and it happens in life!

Nice post Blitz, thank you :wub: I only bought one burger for Blaster7 and I forgot to get him some nanner puddn, so I dropped the ball there, sorry Blaster. But we tried to make up for it by feeding the lingering multitude and the Wildcat players with BQ, burgers and pizza after the game.

I spoke with several of the officials and they were from the middle TN association and I was told by them that not one single official had ever officiated a CAK or a Polk County game. They said the crew that officiated the CAK/LaVergne game earlier this year was from their association, but none of them were at that game. Their association also officiated the round 3 game between CAK/Alcoa last year. I guess because things went our way during the game I thought the officiating was good. Only about 3 or 4 flags the entire game, I don't like games where the yellow hankies are on the ground all night. Holding is certainly something that happens to some degree every single play, just like hands to the face in the trenches. As stated by most, the officials had nothing to do with the outcome of this game.

Come on blitzinbuc, every team can run a play from midfield with 18 seconds on the clock and run the ball inside the 10 and still have 18 seconds on the clock. Wait a minute that's Meigs, no it's Polk, no it's Meigs, good grief I have seen it at both places. :roflol:

Both Polk and Meigs have some mighty fast guys! :rolleyes:

I've see similar things at McMinn Central and McMinn County, too! I'm sure phantom calls (or non-calls) happen everywhere.