PoLk @ CaK

polkalumn01

Remember that when the next team keys on your quarterbacks and stomp them into the turf - just part of playing the game, right?

Let's see who is sensitive then.

GO ALCOA!

:thumb:

"Mommy, mommy....tell that mean ol' CAK team to not hit so hard, and not go for it on 4th down because it hurts. Mommy, mommy, make them go away!"

Congrats to CAK on advancing to round three. Yeehaw is a dunce. His football iq is on the shortbus route. You play to win the game. The fact that a polk fan said " at least you have your pride" sums up the program. The inability to make the 3rd round says volumes about the talent in polk county year in and year out. If you couldn't do it last year, you sure as heck won't do it next year either.

I'm not trying to knock the polk football program but I think a majority of their posters on this site need to get out and watch some quality football. Bradley central hahaha, go get a real measuring stick

Tough lost for the Wildcats tonight. It was great to meet FootballDad tonight. But to the game Polk came out like I was afraid they would flat but thats no excuse CAK has a great program. Thanks seniors for the hardwork you but in. Also Central fans don't you have a thread to post on abou your Coach. Yes Polk can't get past the 2nd round but at least they are playing in the second round. IMO I think Polk would do better if they was in a different district. Coach Davis does a great job with the talent he has and one day they will gt there. Go ahead and say I'm crazy but they just got to keep working nd getting better. Yes last year teams was one of the better teams to come through Polk. Polk doesn't have the luxury of open enrollment or being a privite school they got to work with what they got. CAK took it to us tonight and good luck t you guys. And going for it on 4th and 2 nothing wrong there had to try it during a game. If they wanted they could have left the starters in and ran it up. I'l be up at Cookeville and hope to see CAK there. Thanks agian 24, 33, 39, 61, 64, and 73 for the hard work. A special thanks to 39 think of you as a brother and I'm proud of you keep your head up you played great all year.

First of all get your facts right. Don't post something without knowing the reason. The coaches told the punter to punt, but he chose to run. He's a soccer player, and has only been playing for 3 weeks now. Don't take it out on CAK when they didn't mean to. Its part of the game. Sorry, way to fight Polk!

If you read my post I said I didn't have a problem with it. Like some said you play to win the game. Polk job was to cover the punter also never just think that they will kick the ball. I hope CAK goes all the way. Nothing but respect here for CAK.

Tough lost for the Wildcats tonight. It was great to meet FootballDad tonight. But to the game Polk came out like I was afraid they would flat but thats no excuse CAK has a great program. Thanks seniors for the hardwork you but in. Also Central fans don't you have a thread to post on abou your Coach. Yes Polk can't get past the 2nd round but at least they are playing in the second round. IMO I think Polk would do better if they was in a different district. Coach Davis does a great job with the talent he has and one day they will gt there. Go ahead and say I'm crazy but they just got to keep working nd getting better. Yes last year teams was one of the better teams to come through Polk. Polk doesn't have the luxury of open enrollment or being a privite school they got to work with what they got. CAK took it to us tonight and good luck t you guys. And going for it on 4th and 2 nothing wrong there had to try it during a game. If they wanted they could have left the starters in and ran it up. I'l be up at Cookeville and hope to see CAK there. Thanks agian 24, 33, 39, 61, 64, and 73 for the hard work. A special thanks to 39 think of you as a brother and I'm proud of you keep your head up you played great all year.

FootballDad is a great guy! I met him a couple years ago during the playoffs.

Very nice to meet Blaster7 and good to hear from you too blitznbuc, you should have come up for some vittles. It is encouraging to see a community support their team like Polk does, lots of nice people. I'm sure the boys appreciate all the support ya'll give them. Happy to hear the majority of the Polk fans understand football. Sorry a couple of people saw things in a different light than the majority of us. CAK is not perfect in the way we conduct ourselves, that is true with every person walking this earth. But I know CAK diligently tries to play the game tough but with a high level of class. As has been mentioned, the fake punt was not called by any coach. I personally spoke with the kicker and he told me he started his run to the right for the rugby style kick and that the defenders disappeared. He has been coached to run the ball when that happens. Plain and simple. A mid-season roster addition member of our team that came to us from the soccer team does what he is coached, not told to do in this specific instance, but coached to do in practice, and someone wants to label our team as classless. Really? I think CAK showed a great deal of class in calling off the dogs at halftime. I really don't mind too much when we see how a game was played out from different perspectives, but its just a bit strong for the classless comments. But we are all big boys, so I guess if that is the way you saw it , so be it. I think CAK's play on the field and the hospitality shown before and after the games speaks for itself to those Polk fans that were there to see it. I hope everyone had a safe trip back home and I wish much success to the Wildcats and their program for many years to come. I'm sure this is a matchup that we will see more of in the future. I'm looking forward one day to coming to Polk and enjoying your great game day atmosphere. :thumb:

Now, as far as the game went, CAK simply was the better team tonight IMO. Offensively the combination of great pass protection, accurate passes, and well executed routes combined with nice catches and big yards after the catch added up to an offense that was just too much for the Wildcats. CAK's first half passing offense was 24 of 27 for 361 yards and 4 touchdowns, not to mention the running yardage that was sprinkled in. Polk has a proud tradition that has been justly earned by playing hard nosed football for a long time. Tonight I thought CAK took another step towards showing people that the Warriors are more than just a finesse team. The CAK defense was more than up to the task of playing hard nosed football and equalled Polk's toughness. #39 was a strong and punishing RB but he was met repeatedly head on in the hole by Warrior defenders and many times for no gain at all. Not being facetious but I was impressed with the Polk punter. He was consistent and boomed some really nice punts with good hang time. The one he put down on the 1 yard line was outstanding. I know Polk will dust themselves off and be a force again next year. Congrats to your Seniors who have had an incredible run of success over the 4 years they have been at Polk :thumb:

Now, as far as the game went, CAK simply was the better team tonight IMO. Offensively the combination of great pass protection, accurate passes, and well executed routes combined with nice catches and big yards after the catch added up to an offense that was just too much for the Wildcats. CAK's first half passing offense was 24 of 27 for 361 yards and 4 touchdowns, not to mention the running yardage that was sprinkled in. Polk has a proud tradition that has been justly earned by playing hard nosed football for a long time. Tonight I thought CAK took another step towards showing people that the Warriors are more than just a finesse team. The CAK defense was more than up to the task of playing hard nosed football and equalled Polk's toughness. #39 was a strong and punishing RB but he was met repeatedly head on in the hole by Warrior defenders and many times for no gain at all. Not being facetious but I was impressed with the Polk punter. He was consistent and boomed some really nice punts with good hang time. The one he put down on the 1 yard line was outstanding. I know Polk will dust themselves off and be a force again next year. Congrats to your Seniors who have had an incredible run of success over the 4 years they have been at Polk :thumb:

That punter is #15 Christian Passmore. The kid use to be like my little brother and I would do anything for him. I remember him being in seventh grade and man he could boom it then. His only problem was nerves and the worry about getting it off in time. I worked with him a little on gettin his confidence in order and focusing on jus getting it off clean as if he were the only kid on the field. He def has a big enough area of the foot to give it a boost considering he wears like a fifteen in shoe. He is also a great defensive end as I posted in an earlier post. I love the way he developed as a player and even more he is a much better man. Thanks Polk Seniors and we all wish u well in your futures. Just remember this when fall arrives and the Big Red start taking the field on Friday nights again I hope to see u all in the stands cheering on ur alma mater jus like the rest of us........................

As was last year, CAK has an excellent team with a lot of talented athletes, however they need no help from the referees! Last years officiating vs Polk was terrible no matter who you supported and this year was equally bad or worse!! I was there in attendance and to my amazement I don't think there was a single holding call. No teams play a whole game without a holding call. For CAK, one of their huge linemen would hold the Polk defender by his jersey with both hands almost every play and no flag was EVER thrown! CAK needs no help from the officials! Alcoa/CAK will be a good game, I may have to make a return trip to see that one. Both of these teams are coached well and their hand picked teams are always the toughest. Good luck to both.

Funny how a whippin will change the tone of a thread. Quit your whinning it was 28-0 in the 2nd Q. CAK could have really embarrassed Polk IF they had wanted to.

A much deserved holding call on #70 could have made some difference in the QB having so much time to execute plays!! #70 had both hands full of jersey holding the Polk defenders. CAK could have won without the help of the officials and it may not have been as bad. Polk got ripped last year at CAK with 3 TDs called back and as I understand there was embarassment on behalf of CAK coaches about that. Oh and guess what the TDs were called back for.... HOLDING. They forgot how to make those calls this year!! Holding calls or not, next week will be a challenge for both teams.